[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bentley close to Spurs Move

Apparently he has had his medical <_<

Gotta laugh - cash strapped Rovers !

I hope if he does eventually go to Spuds (irrespective of this piece of apparent fiction is still possible) - I hope we s***w them for every penny £15m plus 25% sell on clause etc etc will do for me :rolleyes:

It’s in Bentley's interest to not kick up a fuss if he does end up staying another season, both in terms of England and his league career. If he makes a fuss about not going and as a result his performance level drops it could put off any potential interest for his services. Something Bentley clearly doesn't want.

With this season focusing on stability I actually can see the sense in keeping Bentley for another season. It would allow Ince the duration of the season to find a suitable replacement if Bentley still wants out come the end of the season.

Bentley close to Spurs Move

Apparently he has had his medical <_<

So a day after Ince says he is going to sit down and talk to Bentley once they return on 7th July, he is suddenly having a medical. I doubt it but then again it is the world beaters spurs we are talking about, they get everyone they are linked with!!!

According to this evenings LET Bentley will not be allowed to leave so says Mr Ince!

Both Hughes and Ince have told him that staying with us for another year would benefit his long term career. If he chooses to ignore the experts in favour of a short term bonus to his agent that is his choice.

Yet again the Tottenham, Wood Green and Edmonton Journal lead where others merely follow.

All the best Dave who "alerted Spurs as to his availability two weeks ago when he announced that he wanted to leave Blackburn in a bid to cement his place on England's right wing."

It worked wonders for Aaron Lennon after all. A top half finish is surely only a matter of time.

I have been trying to watch this today and whenever I click on the link I get this message

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I have clicked and downloaded the latest flash player and it still doesn't work - How can I get it to work??? Feel like I am missing out

Hi all,

you have to laugh he is thought to have had a medical in a north east london hospital I thought medicals were supposed to happen at the ground. Have they changed the rules now? funny how also they say cash-strapped club flaming cheek!. A fee in excess of 10m I thought the minimum price we are after is 15M it is an obvious ploy to try and get him on the cheap! damn spuds

Laters all.

Hi all,

you have to laugh he is thought to have had a medical in a north east london hospital I thought medicals were supposed to happen at the ground. Have they changed the rules now? funny how also they say cash-strapped club flaming cheek!. A fee in excess of 10m I thought the minimum price we are after is 15M it is an obvious ploy to try and get him on the cheap! damn spuds

Laters all.

Do you have a header and footer setup for all your replies <_<

I have been trying to watch this today and whenever I click on the link I get this message

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I have clicked and downloaded the latest flash player and it still doesn't work - How can I get it to work??? Feel like I am missing out

You're not missing much. As stated, every other word is (rude word deleted) or something similar. I lost interest halfway through........

just seen on sky sports news that a 15 million/Aaron Lennon player+cash deal has been suggested?

any truth to this? i doubt it but if so we should bite their hands off!!!!

ok so lennon isnt as good as bents but he is still a very handy player and still young.

in addition the money that would be a great deal for all involved!

£15m and Lennon would be a fantastic deal.

Much needed pace and great potential IMO. Plus an extra £15m.

Too good to be true.

Agree, that would just be way too good to be true! With the right coaching I think Lennon could be a fantastic player.

It's being reported today that the deal is more like £8 million + Lennon. If part of that £8 million has to go to Arsenal, due to any sell on clause, then it won't leave a great deal for Ince to play with. Must admit that £8 million + Lennon seems more realistic than £15 million + Lennon - surely there can't be any club daft enough to pay that amount for Bentley!

Why don't we just become Spurs feeder club? They’re linked with every player in the squad and the last manager also..........

It’s funny really, a small town club like ours are clearly the envy of much bigger city clubs, and I do enjoy pointing this out when Spurs fans appear on the radar.

I must admit I'd have been overjoyed to have got Lennon and 10 million for Bentley when Hughes was here, not sure Ince has anywhere near Hughes ability to transform players from average to quality. Lennon is lightening quick but he can't cross his heart nevermind a football and that makes him distininctly average, lots for the manager to do if the deal goes through.

:rover: DOES ANY ROVERS FAN WANT BENTLEY TO STAY.i for one don't,he has burnt his bridges at ewood as far as i am concerned :brfcsmilie:

He hasnt burnt his bridges. He wants to advance his career and earn more money. Thats quite normal. If i wasnt a rovers fan, and played at rovers for a good 3 years then got offered a job somewhere bigger...id be down that M6 in a shot. Bentley is not a rovers fan, its a career, hes doing what any normal person would do and he is being honest about it and if he does stay for another year I for one will be happy, il cheer him on and he will give us that bit of quality as he has done for the last 2 seasons. And if anybody boo's him at ewood i will personally hang them from the scoreboard.

£10m + Lennon seems a fair deal. It would also help us if there is any sort of clause from Arsenal on Bentley.

A right winger (who can play on the left or through the middle also, with lightening pace) and £10m to put towards a class midfielder. Gattuso anyone? (One can dream)

Don’t be surprised if he did. If he could work on his crossing abit more and play each game week in week out then he would soon improve. Id also like to see Huddleston become a rover.

What about Lennon & Huddleston for Bentley?

Archived