BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Don’t be surprised if he did. If he could work on his crossing abit more and play each game week in week out then he would soon improve. Id also like to see Huddleston become a rover.

What about Lennon & Huddleston for Bentley?

I would very roughly value lennon at £7m and Huddlestone at £5m, so chuck a couple of mill on top to make the magical £15m that seems to have appeared from nowhere and I think I would be fairly happy with that.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was either Ceefax or Teletext in its review of press Football gossip which reported this a few weeks ago..Lennon & Dhaly to be part of the deal..also reported this week that we have just turned down a 15 million bid from Villa for Bentley ...then how reliable are the likes of Ceefax and Telex are..who knows...

Yep. That's the figure I had in my head.

Bentley will soon learn he is making a mistake. He likes to be the top dog. He won't be that at Spurs or Liverpool.

Nah. Lets stick out for £15m + Lennon. If they want Bentley that badly then make them pay through the nose. Worst case scenario is we keep him

Exactly. I don't understand the desperation to be rid of Bentley that suggests we should take less than we can get for him. The idea is you let bidders talk to you, see what they are offering, decide if it's the best deal all round. If it's not, you say no. If they really want the player they come back with a different deal, and you evaluate that one. I was not at all happy with the Bentley interview as I saw it on tv, but if we ended up keeping him I'd not be too unhappy either. What we cannot and must not do is let a club like Spurs walk over us in the transfer market because it gives the green light to other clubs to think they can do the same. Any deal for Bentley should benefit us to the max and do as little as possible for teams like spurs and Villa who are our rivals.

:rover: anybody thinking bentley will go to gold trafford is sadly deluded,he aint good enough.never once have i said i would BOO HIM,but bents has shot his bolt at ewood.he wants to move on,good ridance i say. :brfcsmilie:

Nah. Lets stick out for £15m + Lennon. If they want Bentley that badly then make them pay through the nose. Worst case scenario is we keep him
Precisely. Using my valuations of both players we should either hold out for 15M cash, or 15M plus Lennon on a "pay-as-you-play-well" deal.

Exactly!

:rover: anybody thinking bentley will go to gold trafford is sadly deluded,he aint good enough.never once have i said i would BOO HIM,but bents has shot his bolt at ewood.he wants to move on,good ridance i say. :brfcsmilie:

Don't rate Lennon, think he is overrated and doesn't have the ability to improve the technical side of his game.

That said if Spurs are stupid enough to offer £15 million plus Lennon i would take it. We could use the £15 million to buy a proper replacement for Bentley and use Lennon as an impact sub.

If they offer £10 million + Lennon i would say no.

Not many rated Santa Cruz before he came either - now look! At a new club, he would hopefully get his hunger back and want to make it into that England slot instead of Bent boy.

Someone mentioned liverpool trying something similar to, I would say

Lennon + £10m - Yes

Pennant + £10m - No.

Not many rated Santa Cruz before he came either - now look! At a new club, he would hopefully get his hunger back and want to make it into that England slot instead of Bent boy.

Lennon + £10m - Yes

Pennant + £10m - No.

Do you have to insist on calling him that in every post?

Lennon + £10m - Yes

Pennant + £10m - No.

You forgotten that he cannot cross a ball? How will Roque feed off that.

Oh wait some people believe he can learn to cross a ball. If thats the case how come he has shown no improvement whatsoever over the past few years under pretty decent coaching setups both at Leeds and Spurs?

He is no more than an impact sub against tired legs.

I must admit I'd have been overjoyed to have got Lennon and 10 million for Bentley when Hughes was here, not sure Ince has anywhere near Hughes ability to transform players from average to quality. Lennon is lightening quick but he can't cross his heart nevermind a football and that makes him distininctly average, lots for the manager to do if the deal goes through.

Gav

Exactly the point I was going to make. Ince and the 4th division posse aren't Hughes' team. We have no idea if they have any ability at all to make a player better, we don't even know that they won't make them worse. Would have trusted Hughes with that deal. Would not (yet) trust Ince.

Gav

Exactly the point I was going to make. Ince and the 4th division posse aren't Hughes' team. We have no idea if they have any ability at all to make a player better, we don't even know that they won't make them worse. Would have trusted Hughes with that deal. Would not (yet) trust Ince.

I hated the appointment of Ince and was vocal about it and was told to move on with things. If we have put our faith in Ince then we have put our faith in Ince and have to take the leap.

Cash only and thats that! You reckon you are a big club so that will be no problemo for spurs will it Mr Levy?.... and the ranks of assorted London press! :unsure:

...... too many gormless numpties been playing CM on here methinks. :rolleyes:

And what the hell have you been doing? Thinking of a defining statement you could put as signature, fall short, so put three cringeworthy ones?

Very philosophical.

From what I have gathered the talk IS of £15m AND Lennon, if so, that's only a bag of Salted KPs away from being a deal.

From what I have gathered the talk IS of £15m AND Lennon.

If that is the case then it should be a done deal.

Although I don't feel that Lennon is a worthy replacement for Bentley, I feel that if we got the full asking price for Bents and Lennon thrown in for free then I can't see were we could go wrong with that.

Although I can't see the possibility of that unless clubs start trying to out bid each other.

So who's reported to be interested?

Villa,

Liverpool,

Spurs.

Three clubs with plenty of money, who could also be prepared to spend it if they really want him.

Archived