BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

This is situation that has been forced upon Rovers rather than wanted.

In that case we need to convince Bentley to stay for another year and knuckle down. Otherwise...do you know of any situations where forcing an unhappy player to stay has worked out well?

If i was Ince i would say to Bentley unless a champions league club or foreign club comes in with an offer we can't turn down he is staying.

With international qualifiers coming up its not in Bentley's interest to kick up a fuss.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is situation that has been forced upon Rovers rather than wanted.

In that case we need to convince Bentley to stay for another year and knuckle down. Otherwise...do you know of any situations where forcing an unhappy player to stay has worked out well?

In that case we need to convince Bentley to stay for another year and knuckle down

That's what he would have to be told FLB. We don't have to "convince" him into staying, plenty of clubs in the past have turned down transfer requests. 12 months down the line things might be different, but not now.

Selling him to our competitors is tantamount to throwing the towel in, - IMO.

If i was Ince i would say to Bentley unless a champions league club or foreign club comes in with an offer we can't turn down he is staying.

At such an early stage of his employment I'm sure that Ince will say what JW tells him to.

I guess we will soon find out with Rovers returning in the morning and the first game next Monday at Macclesfield.

if I was Ince I would be looking at Dens comments and ramming them down his throat (not yrs Den but DB's)

There's no way on earth, that with 3 years left on his contract, would I personally consider selling him to any of our competitiors for the UEFA cup spots.

There was a rumour that Ince said he could only go to one of the Big Four. It's just suicide to sell him to the others, he can stay at Rovers and knuckle down and work.

In my opinion Bentley is a prat for coming out public with all this.

After the Euro's etc, it seems that the BIG 4 aren't majorly interested. They've all got other issues. Utd (Ronaldo/Queroz), Arsenal (Adebayor/Nasri), Chelsea (everything) and Liverpool (Barry). Now we're getting the likes of Villa/Everton showing interest????...

He's gonna look a right knob when he gets back today.

In my opinion Bentley is a prat for coming out public with all this.

After the Euro's etc, it seems that the BIG 4 aren't majorly interested. They've all got other issues. Utd (Ronaldo/Queroz), Arsenal (Adebayor/Nasri), Chelsea (everything) and Liverpool (Barry). Now we're getting the likes of Villa/Everton showing interest????...

He's gonna look a right knob when he gets back today.

But who's going to tell him that. If the tabloids and even some of the broadsheets are to be believed, half our team want to go or are at least open to offers so none of his teammates will be criticising him too much.

Showed Bentley & co on skysports. All looked happy, maybe he will nuckle down.

Bentley would have known the cameras were there and didn't want to look a miserable s0d just in case it effected any possible sponsorship deals.

To be fair, Bentley never said he wasn't happy at Rovers just that he needed to move on for his career and to play CL football.

Does that mean he won't sign for a team like spurs, villa or everton? As these are the only teams linked with him so far, does it mean he'll have to back down and stay at the Rovers?

Does that mean he won't sign for a team like spurs, villa or everton? As these are the only teams linked with him so far, does it mean he'll have to back down and stay at the Rovers?

No, because he did say "or in Europe" which is why some people are suggesting sending him to cercle Bruges

Just noticed my promotion to the uefa. Well exciting When did that happen? I seem to have been stuck in the prem for ever. Is this a good omen for rovers?

Only 1 man can answer that: Bentley's agent!

No, because he did say "or in Europe" which is why some people are suggesting sending him to cercle Bruges

Just noticed my promotion to the uefa. Well exciting When did that happen? I seem to have been stuck in the prem for ever. Is this a good omen for rovers?

I qualified for the UEFA recently, too (I think it's on your 1000th post). Shame the club didn't manage the same :)

:rover: on the bentley PAY-ON -CLAUSE i heard on tv,a rovers supporter off some repute,stating arsenal have a 50% stake in our man.looked through loads off sites and bentleys transfer is always undissclosed.think we might get a wee bit dissapionted next month :mellow::brfcsmilie:

:rover: pays to listen,santa cruz could play a big part in the next installment :brfcsmilie:

:rover: pays to listen,santa cruz could play a big part in the next installment :brfcsmilie:

philips been saying it for months, many of us believed that there would be a sell-on clause, just the percentage would be the only issue.

It isnt 50%. We havent seen 1 article anywhere from the club or his agent that it exists.

Im sure if there was such a clause that his agent would of already passed the news over to the media long ago.

It isnt 50%. We havent seen 1 article anywhere from the club or his agent that it exists.

Im sure if there was such a clause that his agent would of already passed the news over to the media long ago.

is that the 'im going to bury my head in the sand and pretend its not happening' approach?

is that the 'im going to bury my head in the sand and pretend its not happening' approach?

We have only heard it from nicko who said he had heard it from a friend. We do not know for sure and due to the nature of the speculative area nicko works in those rumours are wrong as many times as they are right.

Still...doesn´t look good right now does it? :wacko:

Hi there!

New fan alert. Yes I'm an Aston Villa supporter, but I'm not just here for David Bentley related news, as we are linked. I know quite a few Blackburn fans, season ticket holders too, and they introduced me to this site. I'm interested in your club, as at the moment, we are competing against each other, and you were unlucky not to get Europe last season.

Anyway, having read over this thread, the general opinion is that if you get good money for Bentley, you don't really mind see him going? Though the 50% sell on clause to Arsenal is a problem? The Mail are reporting tonight that we have made a bid of £10m. Obviously that won't be accepted, but £17m is crazy money, but I can see why you're demanding it. Young, English, hot prospect, comparisons to David Beckham etc. Personally I'd love it if we got him. Young and Bentley on the wings could be very exciting.

My question to you is - What does Bentley offer and is he worth the big money?

Hi there!

New fan alert. Yes I'm an Aston Villa supporter, but I'm not just here for David Bentley related news, as we are linked. I know quite a few Blackburn fans, season ticket holders too, and they introduced me to this site. I'm interested in your club, as at the moment, we are competing against each other, and you were unlucky not to get Europe last season.

Anyway, having read over this thread, the general opinion is that if you get good money for Bentley, you don't really mind see him going? Though the 50% sell on clause to Arsenal is a problem? The Mail are reporting tonight that we have made a bid of £10m. Obviously that won't be accepted, but £17m is crazy money, but I can see why you're demanding it. Young, English, hot prospect, comparisons to David Beckham etc. Personally I'd love it if we got him. Young and Bentley on the wings could be very exciting.

17 million is crazy money, but we are only following your lead demanding 18 million for Barry

but I can see why you're demanding it. Young, English, hot prospect, comparisons to David Beckham etc. Personally I'd love it if we got him. Young and Bentley on the wings could be very exciting.

err.... You've answered your own question. <_<

Archived