BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think about our own messageboard. At this moment in time a club official would be able to post on:

New Shirts

Season Tickets

Pre-Season friendlies (earlier)

Take-over (possibly)

Probably some others that don't come to mind at this particular moment

Sort of like what Lee does, just maybe post more regularly and be more in-the-know for certain areas. I think it's a great idea for improving relations between the club and the fans.

Think about our own messageboard. At this moment in time a club official would be able to post on:

New Shirts

Season Tickets

Pre-Season friendlies (earlier)

Take-over (possibly)

Probably some others that don't come to mind at this particular moment

Sort of like what Lee does, just maybe post more regularly and be more in-the-know for certain areas. I think it's a great idea for improving relations between the club and the fans.

Yes, but you should get that on an official site anyway. And if that's all it is what's the point. as someone said that's why fans of other clubs come on here. Because Nicko deals in speculation and possibles.

Then how would that answer most questions from fans because most questions aren't about bids that are no longer happening. they are about bids that you think might happen or you'd like to see happening i. e. specualtion. If he only answers the kind of questions about shirt designs etc or deals which aren't happening, what's the point? Read the kind of questions most people on here ask Nicko. they are about possible targets, fees etc.

There you go mate, this is one of the message boards he works on. You can see what people ask him.

but the official site can't update constantly and can't answer specific questions, which is why Lee is able to fill us in on a lot of stuff and he runs the official site. Nicko can speculate, release information that the club might not want out and go on stuff he hears. A club official could fill us in on official club business that is only really important to the fans and areas that aren't always made entirely clear by the two paragraph blurbs that appear on the official site.

If you intend to keep coming on our MB then can I just say it's not mate, since I consider that inappropriate for a 54 year old female. I'm not offended but just like it right.

Lol I do apologise.

The General is now back tracking, this is what he said:

General Krulak here:

1. I am terribly sorry I have stirred up a hornet's nest. I made a mistake...and admit it. My intent was not to indicate that we were in a bidding war for Bentley or that he has made a decision or anything else. I should have kept quite. I saw the thread and saw the price tag and was trying to say (VERY POORLY) that none of our fans should read the papers and believe that the player or the price is correct. In my haste to get out that message, I kicked it into the stands!! My point is simple: The papers do not know what is going on...only MON really knows...so we should wait and see what he has to say. I DO NOT KNOW!! A VERY poor choice of words by me.

Who knows what's going on? I'd just guess that we have bid more than £10m and leave it at that.

Lol I do apologise.

General Krulak here:

1. I am terribly sorry I have stirred up a hornet's nest. I made a mistake...and admit it. My intent was not to indicate that we were in a bidding war for Bentley or that he has made a decision or anything else. I should have kept quite. I saw the thread and saw the price tag and was trying to say (VERY POORLY) that none of our fans should read the papers and believe that the player or the price is correct. In my haste to get out that message, I kicked it into the stands!! My point is simple: The papers do not know what is going on...only MON really knows...so we should wait and see what he has to say. I DO NOT KNOW!! A VERY poor choice of words by me.

Who knows what's going on? I'd just guess that we have bid more than £10m and leave it at that.

sounds to me like he said more than he meant to. fans then read even more into it and then he realised he'd better get out of it before he got in too deep.

Lol I do apologise.

General Krulak here:

Does he always start his posts like that?

Bet thats almost as annoying as that clown on here who says "Hi all" at the start of his posts and "laters all" at the end of them.

I DO NOT KNOW!!

That seems to be the key phrase! If he doesn't know then you may as well forget about trying to say you know anything on the subject, if he is who he says he is.

It would be difficult for Rovers to accept anything other than a straight cash offer for Bentley, because of clauses, etc. Plus according to Nicko, who spoke to his agent, Lennon has no interest in moving and he would seem to be the direct interest if losing a Right Winger.

Does he always start his posts like that?

Bet thats almost as annoying as that clown on here who says "Hi all" at the start of his posts and "laters all" at the end of them.

b12_simon agrees - talking about yourself in the 3rd person is a sure way of sounding like a right stunt.

Laters all

sounds to me like he said more than he meant to. fans then read even more into it and then he realised he'd better get out of it before he got in too deep.

and a very good reason why real directors shouldn't post on messageboards.

Yeah I hope not too, because I know a few Rovers fans and they would rather just get the money too. The General has also said that the £10m bid is 'way off' so I would guess it's £15m. Either Rovers have simply rejected it or Bentley has rejected the move. Either way, my guess would be that he isn't coming to us, and we did offer a good bid. If Spurs don't come up with the cash, or Liverpool - seems Bentley will be sticking around, which can only be a good thing for Rovers.

Kinda contradicts MON's (and Villa's) state of high dudgeon at Liverpool going public regarding the Barry bid, doesn't it?

Now a Villa insider seems to have added fuel to the fire...pot, kettle, black etc... <_<

That seems to be the key phrase! If he doesn't know then you may as well forget about trying to say you know anything on the subject, if he is who he says he is.

It would be difficult for Rovers to accept anything other than a straight cash offer for Bentley, because of clauses, etc. Plus according to Nicko, who spoke to his agent, Lennon has no interest in moving and he would seem to be the direct interest if losing a Right Winger.

And according to Nicko there was no American bidder, and there was no Villa bid for Bentley.

It seems that if the news isn't his, he doesn't believe that it happened.

And according to Nicko there was no American bidder, and there was no Villa bid for Bentley.

It seems that if the news isn't his, he doesn't believe that it happened.

In fairness to Dan Williams' PR guy, nicko did say that there had been an American interested since last Christmas and that Villa were interested but the Daily Mail report was complete rubbish on timing and value.

Archived