BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Don't think they will. Talking to Nicko, he says they are SKINT!!

Had to borrow money to finance the Sparky deal. Can't see them getting £17million from somewhere can you?

Before someone says they had money to buy Ronaldinho, that deal was sponsored by many companies such as Nike etc.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance Bigtime Bentley could start the season with li'l ol Blackburn Nicko?

I spoke to David Bentley 13 days ago (you might have seen my post on this messageboard)

I asked him diretcly what the chances are of you starting for Blackburn first game next season and he said I dont think so he said he has enjoyed his time at Blackburn but feels it is time to move on to further his career.

I also asked him does that mean you will be joining a champions league club and he said i hope so.

I said I hope he does not sign for Spurs or Villa because you are a better player than that!!!

I spoke to David Bentley 13 days ago (you might have seen my post on this messageboard)

I asked him diretcly what the chances are of you starting for Blackburn first game next season and he said I dont think so he said he has enjoyed his time at Blackburn but feels it is time to move on to further his career.

I also asked him does that mean you will be joining a champions league club and he said i hope so.

I said I hope he does not sign for Spurs or Villa because you are a better player than that!!!

He is?

Not that i'll drag the thread through the mud, but Bentley thinks he is better than he is.

I'll be honest, Young at £9m is criminal.

Saying that, I've been spoilt with signing players such as Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Bellamy, Bentley and of course Berner all for a combined fee of less than what you paid for Young.

I'll be honest, Young at £9m is criminal.

Saying that, I've been spoilt with signing players such as Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Bellamy, Bentley and of course Berner all for a combined fee of less than what you paid for Young.

In the current market, Young for £9 million was about right. I'm a big fan of his.

In the current market, Young for £9 million was about right. I'm a big fan of his.

I thought the "current market hadn't changed very much??

And Santa Cruz and Benni costing more in todays market?! We bought Santa a year and Benni two years ago, I can guarantee you the market hasnt changed very much at all in the last year.

I wonder :rolleyes:

I thought the "current market hadn't changed very much??

I wonder :rolleyes:

Christ, I feel like I'm talking to a seven year old.

I mean the current market as in the last two or three years, with English players especially being sold for massive amounts.

You're trying to suggest a player we bought last summer would have cost "a lot more" this summer. Absolute rubbish.

Christ, I feel like I'm talking to a seven year old.

I mean the current market as in the last two or three years, with English players especially being sold for massive amounts.

You're trying to suggest a player we bought last summer would have cost "a lot more" this summer. Absolute rubbish.

Since this TV money has come in the markets have been inflated. Clubs are paying over the top money for players, everyone knows that. We were lucky to get Santa Cruz on the cheap aswell as McCarthy.

D Bent £16million

Gareth Barry worth £18million

Zamora £4-5million

Jo £19million

Andy johnson £10million+

Elmander £10million

These players a few seasons ago would have been a lot lot cheaper

The list goes on and on. You wouldn't have paid that much money a few seasons back.

Players are more expensive now, its a FACT!

Since this TV money has come in the markets have been inflated. Clubs are paying over the top money for players, everyone knows that. We were lucky to get Santa Cruz on the cheap aswell as McCarthy.

D Bent £16million

Gareth Barry worth £18million

Zamora £4-5million

Jo £19million

Andy johnson £10million+

Elmander £10million

The list goes on and on. You wouldn't have paid that much money a few seasons back.

Players are more expensive now, its a FACT!

Thanks for stating the obvious. But you said that had we bought Benni and Santa this summer as opposed to last summer, they would have cost 'a lot more', which is utter rubbish.

The market has inflated in the last 3 seasons or so compared to before, but the last year has not seen a significant rise.

And it still doesn't make the signing of a 4th tier player for £1.5 million anything near acceptable. Give me a list of other fourth tier players being transferred for anything near this amount? Or even third tier (League One) players? If he was some hot shot 17 year old with great prospects I could understand, but he's had several chances at levels below us and not been good enough.

Anyway this is the Bentley thread and there's a seperate thread for Andrews so best make your reply in there if you must.

According to the LET the offer that Spurs have just put in for Bentley is below what Villaa offered and was rejected a while ago.

If we are going to maintain this 17m price we are going to need more clubs to come in.

Hmm. I wonder if the likes of Villeneuva and Castillo come in, combined with the fact that no CL clubs have shown serious interest, Bentley might be more open to staying? Could do a McCarthy style u-turn?

If they don't meet our asking price we don't sell him, its as simple as that.

We shouldn't drop our valuation, especially to a cretinous, scumbag club like Spurs.

Well if no one meets our valuation then it starts getting really messy. Bentley coul dthrow a Ferguson, or we might identify a target at so good a price (Villenueva perhaps?) that we need the money for that so accept a lower bid to finance it.

Expanding the market would be the easiest way to make sure we got our money quickly. Shame Liverpool are so strapped othewise I am sure they would be in there.

Well if no one meets our valuation then it starts getting really messy. Bentley coul dthrow a Ferguson, or we might identify a target at so good a price (Villenueva perhaps?) that we need the money for that so accept a lower bid to finance it.

If the figures are correct on both Castillo and Villaneuva we should be able to buy them both without needing to sell Bentley to finance the deals.

Bentley won't kick up a fuss, he will never play for England again under Capello if he did.

join the list of people who want to kick spurs butt ;)

Don't need to join any list dude, i have hated Spurs ever since their cowardly attempt to illegally talk Reid out of signing for them and not signing a new contract with us... ;)

Don't need to join any list dude, i have hated Spurs ever since their cowardly attempt to illegally talk Reid out of signing for them and not signing a new contract with us... ;)

Following on from what i said earlier. Its ironic that Spurs are reporting Manchester United and Liverpool for exactly the same as they did regarding Stevie Reid, with regard to Berbatov.

Double standards if you ask me!

I wonder.....

If Spurs don't stump up the £17 million required and nobody else comes in for Bentley, could we still afford to take on Villanueva & Castillo?

Archived