BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

I wonder.....

If Spurs don't stump up the £17 million required and nobody else comes in for Bentley, could we still afford to take on Villanueva & Castillo?

Nicko reckons we can.

We reportedly have a budget of at least £10 million, Castillo is being linked for £4-6 million, and Villaneuva was £3.5 million if i recall. But Villanueva might be coming on a season long loan.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. But why would we accept a bid for 9 million with Spurs, if we rejected 10 million with Villa? How thick do Spurs think we are?! :lol:

Presumably they got wind of Villa's intention not to remain in contention and have made this bid of £9m as an opening offer .

Bentley will now be getting desperate to leave (nearly as desperate as most fans are to be rid of him) and a second bid of around his true worth of about £12m may well be accepted .

It's interesting to note that a manager of O'Neill's quality didn't try too hard to pursue the matter .....

I wonder.....

If Spurs don't stump up the £17 million required and nobody else comes in for Bentley, could we still afford to take on Villanueva & Castillo?

10 million transfer kitty + 3 million trusties + 4ish million from Hughes departure + whatever we get if we do indeed sell Friedel 2.5 million?

= call it £20 million?

Possible:

1. Villanueva - Loan? - 4 million if we sign him?
  2. Castillo - 4 million?
  3. Robinson - 4 million?
  4. Right back - ???
  5. Keith Andrews - 1.5 million?
  6. Right midfielder?

13.5 million for 1,2,3 and 5 presuming Villanueva isn't a loan, so according to my calculations, we have 6.5 million left for a RM and RB?

Its official, Villa have pulled their interest in Bentley

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1346958,00.html

Lpool must have decided against Gareth Barry I assume.

Bentley will now be getting desperate to leave (nearly as desperate as most fans are to be rid of him) and a second bid of around his true worth of about £12m may well be accepted .

I'm certainly not....... At least not this summer. Bentley is still on an upward curve in his career imo.

10 million transfer kitty + 3 million trusties + 4ish million from Hughes departure + whatever we get if we do indeed sell Friedel 2.5 million?

= call it £20 million?

Possible:

1. Villanueva - Loan? - 4 million if we sign him?
  2. Castillo - 4 million?
  3. Robinson - 4 million?
  4. Right back - ???
  5. Keith Andrews - 1.5 million?
  6. Right midfielder?

13.5 million for 1,2,3 and 5 presuming Villanueva isn't a loan, so according to my calculations, we have 6.5 million left for a RM and RB?

[/quote

Not sure who, but I think at least two maybe three players will leave. If there are no exits. that wage bill is going to be pretty high.

But they may just decide to keep who they can till Jan, and see how things pan out.

I'm certainly not....... At least not this summer. Bentley is still on an upward curve in his career imo.

He may well be , Theno . But that doesn't alter the fact that most people don't want to see him at Ewood again . At least I haven't met any recently ....

He may well be , Theno . But that doesn't alter the fact that most people don't want to see him at Ewood again . At least I haven't met any recently ....

They might all be reminiscing into their pints in a few years when we are once again plumbing the depths all to a man saying it was the start of the rot. :rolleyes:

I hate to say this but we all should take heed of the old RFW's tough stance over Ronaldo! AND if Ronaldo does stay at OT do you think Phil that he will be villified, booed from the terraces and hounded out of the club by the OT faithfull? Cos I damned well don't. Should that scenario happen would that actually mean that the plastics are better and more cerebral supporters than us? :huh:

If Bentley stays then this midfield/attack could be quality:

Bentley----Vogel----Castillo----MGP

-----------Villanueva----------------

----------------------Santa Cruz--------

Especially if MGP builds on the small specks of hope he offered towards the end of last season...

I'm not getting my hopes up about Bentley. Still think he'll go. It'll just take a long time before they get their act together enough to realise that we want what we say we want.

I think this is looking more and more positive for Rovers.

I am really looking forwards to seeing Bentley with Rovers next season and will be gutted if Spuds somehow limp over the £17m target.

Phil my old chuckaaa...

There is more chance of Man Utd going bust than Bentley being in Blue and White halfs next season.

According to today's LT Rovers have publicly conceded for the first time that we might be prepared to sell Bentley for the right price. Good quality article from Andy Neild.

JW saying if we got a bid "in line with current market values, then we will refer it to Paul Ince and it becomes a football matter after that."

Meanwhile after allegedly (my words) picking up a calf injury before the Macclesfield game, DB has allegedly (my words) picked up a hamstring injury and has withdrawn from tonight's game. Club are mulling over whether to send him back to Brockhall for treatment.

Not looking like we'll see him in a Rovers shirt again imo.

With all these injuries Spurs won't want him! No chance he'll pass a medical either ;)

Do you reckon Ince knows Spurs will get the cash together and is trying to make sure he isn't match fit for the start of the season?

He is giving himself a wide time frame there. I'd have a guess and say that he knows knowing at all, playing the odds.

In 10 days it is likely that both the Keane and Berbatov transfers will be sorted and Spurs will have the cash.

He is giving himself a wide time frame there. I'd have a guess and say that he knows knowing at all, playing the odds.

In 10 days it is likely that both the Keane and Berbatov transfers will be sorted and Spurs will have the cash.

:rover: he also said them two were leaving :wub: lets hope they do not want :xmas: as well :brfc:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...e_over_Bentley/

Am I being cynical in thinking that Bentley's injuries are just a smoke screen? I mean two injuries in a week just in time to prevent him from playing in both friendlies so far? And know they may send him back early for treatment. Is that supposed to be translated as a bid is expected (or arrived) that meets the valuation?

Any insights Nicko?

Archived