BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id be delighted if we got 17-18 million pounds for him as in my opinion he is nowhere near that price.

There is no way he is 3 times the player as Lennon or some of the continental options. Its just that he is English and he is currently in-form. The drastic price increase and decrease for English players form is huge. Its just an inflated-dometic-market in my opinion...Thats why this is the best time to sell him whilst his stock is high. If we shop wisely especially on the continent we could bring in 2 quality players not just one, even after the Arsenal money is shipped off.

We need to stand firm on the price.

£17-18 million or no sale.

Spurs also tend to do deals which involve paying for example £10 million now and the rest in bonuses in a years time or longer. With the fact we need as much money as we can get and then there issue about Arsenal wanting a slice, we should reject any offers that don't pay the full amount now.

I think that's the important bit. we could budge by the odd million if it's all paid up front but this "so many extra million if he does this that or the other" is not something we should accept. And a sell on clause because if he does well there's money to be made and david will soon outgrow Spurs, in his own mind at least.

If we are to believe nicko and his 'one that got away', Ince is looking at far better players than Pennant.

I wonder exactly how much he's ever heard of them? I cannot imagine a 4th Div manager would ever have been on any agents 'red' phone.

The chances of dropping a big costly grabbi / dahlin type bollock are quite high I would think.

I wonder exactly how much he's ever heard of them? I cannot imagine a 4th Div manager would ever have been on any agents 'red' phone.

The chances of dropping a big costly grabbi / dahlin type bollock are quite high I would think.

Or hope?

Ince is the same guy Massimo Moratti (Inter Milan owner) regards as his son.

The man clearly has contacts, he was only playing a few years back.

I am sure as soon as Ince became Rovers manager, a large number of agents 'suddenly' found his number!

According to the BBC gossip column, Bentley has walked out of the Rovers training camp because he is annoyed at the lack of movement over a transfer. He must have thought that when he did the interview saying that he wanted to leave, that those clubs who are 'so much better than us, like Spurs and Villa' would come and pay up and he'd be off in no time. Now that we have slapped a hefty, but totally fair price on him, Spurs and Villa realise that they aren't going to get him on the cheap. The toys may be coming out of the pram because of this.

Levy to Bentleys agent......."If we have to pay 17m for your boy then we can't pay eother of you very much on top of that. Get him to throw the toys out big time at Ince and now that the lunatic from Villa is out of the game the price will come down a few million and you can share out that nice big signing on fee that we promised last month." <_<

Look forward to Bentley mouthing off about Rovers then once he gets to Spurs :rolleyes: .

Still can't see Ramos putting up with any of that sort of nonsense, he'll have to watch his mouth as far as Spurs are concerned whilst he is there.

If its true bentley's gone home as his move has not transpired, then its time for the club to play hard ball. Tell him to submit a transfer request, fine him two weeks for acting like a toddler who lost his toy. Its no surprise that spurs are now the only team in for him, pool's interest seemed to dissapear after his first outburst. He's gonna end up like Anelka moving around all the time, leaving a trail of disaster behind him.

DB grow up, act like a pro, and you will be treated like one!!

:rover: 15 million will do :tu::brfc:

Cash on the nail I'd agree but didn't the Mirror article by friend Nicko say we'd already turned down 16.2. If that was structured then I wonder how much of it was upfront. We want the money. Cash makes you the favourite in any deal to replace him as you don't have to sell to buy.

Jeesus! No wonder we're holding out for the full whack o' cash then.

Well it's not quite 50% straight up. It's 50% over and above what has been paid to the Gooner's already.

The thinking is that with add ons etc. we have clocked up 3m, so if we sell for 18m it will be 50% of 15m, or 7.5m that goes to Highbury.

We then have 10.5m remainder ourselves.

Also 50% has not yet been officially confirmed. Which is strange considering it works in our favour if we declare it - ie. when we buy from other teams they will not think we are cash rich.

It is possible that an inflated figure of 50% has been put out by Rovers to aid them in securing a decent deal for a replacement.

Irrespective, of your view on Bentley's transfer.

Do you think that rovers should set a deadline for any transfer to take place, in this transfer window.

So as to avoid previous situations we found ourselves in. for example Shearer.

It's what Coppell's doing in a way at Reading. Anyone wanting to buy one of his players after the start of the seaon he's going to ask for more money to give himself a better chance of being able to get a repalcement in.

It's what Coppell's doing in a way at Reading. Anyone wanting to buy one of his players after the start of the seaon he's going to ask for more money to give himself a better chance of being able to get a repalcement in.

There must come a point in the window, when Ince says no, your hear until January.

If the rumours are true that he's really spitting his dummy out and demanding a transfer then I think he should just go. I'm getting more and more frustrated with how he's treating us after the way we've treated him. I hope one day he looks back and realises what a cock he is being about the whole situation - there are other ways to go about upping your career.

If it looks like we want to get rid it could force his price down.

We need to stick with the line we are taking currently, £17-£18 million or no sale.

If noone comes up with the cash he will stay. If he kicks up a fuss no one, in particular champions league clubs will want to take on the prat. If he plays rubbish for us or doesn't play at all his England career will be destroyed.

Archived