BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

If it looks like we want to get rid it could force his price down.

We need to stick with the line we are taking currently, £17-£18 million or no sale.

If noone comes up with the cash he will stay. If he kicks up a fuss no one, in particular champions league clubs will want to take on the prat. If he plays rubbish for us or doesn't play at all his England career will be destroyed.

Everyone can see that but him.

His thoughts are clouded by ego, youth and a hungry agent.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it looks like we want to get rid it could force his price down.

We need to stick with the line we are taking currently, £17-£18 million or no sale.

If noone comes up with the cash he will stay. If he kicks up a fuss no one, in particular champions league clubs will want to take on the prat. If he plays rubbish for us or doesn't play at all his England career will be destroyed.

Agree totally.

You cannot allow a player to make that kind of statement.

It undermines the current negotiations, it would not surprise me in the least, if one of the spuds media guys, have let this out, in an attempt to force JW's hand. JW does not seem the sort to be bluffed into stacking three aces.

When he goes I really do hope JW sticks to his word, 17 or 18m and no less.

Bit of good advice for him (and all professional footballers) is to never put yourself before your profession.

It looked like Bentley had his ego check but he seems to have gone back to his old ways.

I think he was tapped up or his agent informed him about the clubs being interested and that caused the drunken rant on SSN that started this whole process off.

You would have thought, he would have learned at Arsenal, how to deal with the demands of professional football .

They are supposed to be role models, for the younger supporters.

If I was his dad, he'd be over the knee, pants down, and a leather strap walloped across his backside, 23 of um, one for every year :lol::D:P

Rovers cannot realistically set a deadline within the deadline. They tried that in May and failed as I believe Nicko's then story that Rovers and Bentley's agent struck a deal that Bents would be offered at £15m and if not sold after a month, the new deal would be signed by Bentley at Ewood.

I think it is plain there is now only one bidder, Spurs, and they will not meet Rovers' £18m asking price.

Irrespective of whingeing Rovers supporters, I think the odds are shifting towards Bentley playing for Rovers in the first week of September.

Thankfully, there is an England squad to be picked before then which should give Rovers some leverage with the player. He is already slipping behind in his match fitness with his injuries and missing three pre-season games in all likelihood.

Anyway it looks like Bentley is going to start blabbing but this as absolutely nothing compared with the weeks of moaning Gareth Barry did at Villa so Rovers can just stick the price up by another £1m every time Bentley opens his mouth.

Bentley of course has the little problem of deciding whether he pulled out of the tour to force the transfer in which case he faces disciplinaryproblems with Rovers or maintaining being genuinely injured. He does have a history of real injury problems when he was at Arsenal/Norwich and of course his alcohol-fuelled summer could have genuinely caused those problems to have flared up again.

Gareth Barry's outing for Villa reserves at Walsall. Barry is getting a richly deserved payback.

Rovers cannot realistically set a deadline within the deadline. They tried that in May and failed as I believe Nicko's then story that Rovers and Bentley's agent struck a deal that Bents would be offered at £15m and if not sold after a month, the new deal would be signed by Bentley at Ewood.

I think it is plain there is now only one bidder, Spurs, and they will not meet Rovers' £18m asking price.

Irrespective of whingeing Rovers supporters, I think the odds are shifting towards Bentley playing for Rovers in the first week of September.

Thankfully, there is an England squad to be picked before then which should give Rovers some leverage with the player. He is already slipping behind in his match fitness with his injuries and missing three pre-season games in all likelihood.

Anyway it looks like Bentley is going to start blabbing but this as absolutely nothing compared with the weeks of moaning Gareth Barry did at Villa so Rovers can just stick the price up by another £1m every time Bentley opens his mouth.

Bentley of course has the little problem of deciding whether he pulled out of the tour to force the transfer in which case he faces disciplinaryproblems with Rovers or maintaining being genuinely injured. He does have a history of real injury problems when he was at Arsenal/Norwich and of course his alcohol-fuelled summer could have genuinely caused those problems to have flared up again.

Gareth Barry's outing for Villa reserves at Walsall. Barry is getting a richly deserved payback.

I love your relentless positivity Phillpl!

A lot of power in this resides with Bentley. He has already possibly feigned injury to find a new club. If no bids are made approaching our valuation he may decide to step it up a notch and refuse to train or play in August. Suicied for his England spot, but he is an unpredictable character.

Also, it is possible Spurs could want Arshavin to play up front as Berbatov and Keane are off, and Bentley sitll desired for wide right.

I love your relentless positivity Phillpl!

A lot of power in this resides with Bentley. He has already possibly feigned injury to find a new club. If no bids are made approaching our valuation he may decide to step it up a notch and refuse to train or play in August. Suicied for his England spot, but he is an unpredictable character.

Also, it is possible Spurs could want Arshavin to play up front as Berbatov and Keane are off, and Bentley sitll desired for wide right.

Agree with both post, but the tantrums, and demands, "I want a transfer" Etc. Will not go down well with Capello.IMO

Agree, If David Bentley is a Rovers player in September, he will be stupid not to give his best and I am certain he will give his best.

His head has been spun by greedy agents, but David knows that he has to play his best wherever he is to fill Beckhams boots.

Blackburn Rovers FC are in a great position whether we sell or the player still remains in the team me thinks.

I dont think Bentley is good for our team and if he stays he will only cause problems. The home fans will without doubt boo him, and this will soon start to effect the team morale. Its best for all parties that Tottenham stump up the cash and he goes asap!

How many (English :rolleyes: ) players have NOT had an alcohol fuelled summer in and around sunnier climes I wonder?

According to a Spurs fan:

"Spurs are thought to be considering adding Steed Malbranque (as well as Paul Robinson and a defender)to an offer for Bentley and Santa Cruz.."

I've resigned myself to Brad and Bentley going, if Roque goes as well that could well be the last straw for me.

Why would they think that would work when we've already told them no deal on swaps. We need the cash to pay whatever we have to give Arsenal. Who'd want Spurs defenders anyway. they are rubbish or crocked in the main which is why they conceded so many goals last season. They should get real, cough up for Bentley and then let us all move on.

Wouldn't that be better than straight cash, considering Arsenal's supposed percentage of sell on fee? I guess it all depends on if we really rate Robinson as our best option. I'd rather have him than Green to be honest on the basis that Green has had one decent season, whereas Robinson has had many more. But that's not to say Green won't overtake Robinson as the better future goalie.

Don't they also receive half of the swapped players market price in cash?

Don't they also receive half of the swapped players market price in cash?

But who decides that fee? There isn't such thing as a 'market price'.

If it goes to tribunal then we'll come off far better, they always put low prices on players.

:o

Not too sure myself, but I guess that'd make sense. Arsenal have done well here... from their point of view, they'd probably end up with around £10m for a cocky young lad who wasn't good enough to be in their team at the time and wanted away.

I think that will be the case, unless there is a law against such a request.

I mean if you were Arsenal wouldn't you do that?

That is the reason we are fighting with Spurs so hard, I am sure the price for Bents when finally done will be very large.

If it goes to tribunal then we'll come off far better, they always put low prices on players.

This is Arsenal V's Blackburn here, you think we will get a fair shake?

They agreed a fee of 3.5 with West Brom didn't they? So that's his price. No one can seriously argue that his value has gone up since then. He hasn't played in any games and there hasn't been a bidding war.

They agreed a fee of 3.5 with West Brom didn't they? So that's his price. No one can seriously argue that his value has gone up since then. He hasn't played in any games and there hasn't been a bidding war.

I bet you $20 right now if it goes to tribunial Robinson will be worth more than that.

I've just been running through many of the Arsenal Players that left around the same time and after.

That is who had not made the grade so to say.

Every single one has a sell on clause, the lowest i found was 20% the highest to date 40%.

Harper 40% reported during the Smoggs transfer saga

Muamba 30% to Bolton

Larsson 30% as per link.

I remember a post some time ago ,with regard Bentleys sell on clause, I can't find it searched for an hour.

The member stated, he had been told by a Rovers X player, who was a very close friend of Jacks that there was no sell on clause/or very small I'm not sure.

What is interesting is that the fees paid for the players above, and the % paid to Arsenal when they where sold, give the impression that there where no add ons, unlike Bentleys.

This link has been posted before but it states a 20% sell on fee for Bentley.

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=508122

Just maybe JW negotiated a smaller sell on fee, but had to accept the add ons.

I'm not disputing the 50% posted by others, as I don't think without the contract, or Rovers and Arsenal divulging confidential information :lol:

we will ever now the exact figure, but at least this gives hope, for a bigger slice of the cake.

John Williams strikes me as a man far too sensible to agree to a 50% sell on clause. Furthermore, I hardly think that Arsenal were in the position at the time to barter for such a percentage when the guy was nowhere near the Arsenal first team and had only a relatively successful loan stint at Norwich under his belt.

I'd expect it to be closer to the 20% mark.

Archived