BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Isn't it obvious that Spuds would not have played ball on a straight cash deal for Robinson at £3m rising to £3.5m if they were deadly serious about Bentley? Those who say Robo was a sweetener in preparation for a Bentley deal are really at the funny juice.

Trying to convince yourself that Bentley won't be moving to Tottenham may make you feel better but the fact is Bentley is desperate to leave Rovers and one of the truisms of football is that you never keep an unhappy player.

There's still 4 weeks remaining in the transfer window : Bentley's move to Spurs will be done.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to convince yourself that Bentley won't be moving to Tottenham may make you feel better but the fact is Bentley is desperate to leave Rovers and one of the truisms of football is that you never keep an unhappy player.

There's still 4 weeks remaining in the transfer window : Bentley's move to Spurs will be done.

That is just the way it is.

A lot of bandwidth will be wasted with cries of "shove him in the reserves" or "don't let him leave" but the outcome is always the same when a player really wants to leave...and refuses to be talked around.

Short of a major u-turn from Bentley he will not play for Rovers again.

OK first off I expect Bentley to leave Rovers!

But, if it was the case that he ended up staying it could be the making of him.

He has a reputation within the game of "Throwing his toys out" this is the 3rd time he has done so, in what has been a relatively short career to date.

If Bentley is forced to stay because no-one will pay for him he as many have said on here will be forced to get his head down and get on with it. He cannot afford to let his performances drop, he would be humbled.

Bentley has to realise that to be one of the best, as he dreams of being, requires far more than talented feet.

There is a world of difference between a player that wants to leave and does so with respect for the club and its fans just look at Brad.

Bentley would do well to learn from him and his actions.

Brad broke his contract with Rovers because he wanted to earn more money.

Bentley wants to break his contract with Rovers because he wants to play European football.

What's the difference (other than your personal opinion of both players)?

Brad broke his contract with Rovers because he wanted to earn more money. WHEN HAS THAT BEEN PUBLICLY STATED, IT HAS NOT SO IT BECOMES YOUR OPINION.

Bentley wants to break his contract with Rovers because he wants to play European football.

What's the difference (other than your personal opinion of both players)?

Brad did his talking behind the sences, Bentley has not!

Brad turned up to training, played in pre-season games got on with his job.

Bentley kicked up stink at the Gooners, because he felt Wenger was wrong and he was ready for the first team. He did the same for the U21's.

Bentley wants CL football, then UEFA cup, I've gone as far as I can at Rovers. Not playing at Macclesfield returns home from Germany calf injury, hamstring injury next, coincedence I doubt it.

Compare the two careers to date and you will see a distinct, difference in how they both handle situations.

You can call it my opinion, I don't really care.

Beckham for me is the greatest player to wear an England shirt in the last twenty years,

:lol: Greatest? Your having a laugh right?

Beckham. Good right foot, good vision, a good attitude and a hard working player. But as for footballing skills.... he can't sprint, can't dribble, can't kick it with his left foot, can't tackle and is crap in the air.

The best English player by an absolute country mile was Gascoigne but he was never great cos his stupid mentality wouldn't allow it.

Beckham. Good right foot, good vision, a good attitude and a hard working player. But as for footballing skills.... he can't sprint, can't dribble, can't kick it with his left foot, can't tackle and is crap in the air.

The best English player by an absolute country mile was Gascoigne but he was never great cos his stupid mentality wouldn't allow it.

Gascoigne was a great player and if he had joined United instead of Spurs he would of become one of the worlds greatest player.

Nicko is suggesting that some at the club have had enough of Bentley and want shut. That's a shame. Whilst not as good a player he clearly thinks he is Bentley is a talent and a crowd pleaser so he will be missed.

I think he will become one of the many who regret going to Tottenham.

Ok, perhaps Pennant would be a fairer comparasion. Starts of OK, then ends up being usurped, or the loser in a change of formation. He'll be at Portsmouth or Sunderland in 3 years time, as he'll be trying to rebuild his reputation and try to oust Beckham from the England team.

Spuds want Arshavin, Pulyavchenko, Villa and Silva. Only if they fail on 2 out of 4 of those will they be looking at Bentley again IMO.

Bentley is priced 50% ABOVE what they value him at and they have not got what they wanted for Keane and are pretty certain not to get what they wanted for Berbatov where they have the problem of Berb being in reality the pawn they were going to move out to make their other transfers happen.

The difference between Spuds and us now is that THEY have lost the player whom they saw as key to their new formation in 08/09. Rovers are still intact in that regard.

Isn't it obvious that Spuds would not have played ball on a straight cash deal for Robinson at £3m rising to £3.5m if they were deadly serious about Bentley? Those who say Robo was a sweetener in preparation for a Bentley deal are really at the funny juice.

As for Bentley v Beckham, too many people are allowing bitterness against Bentley the drunk/TV personality over-shadow their assessment of how good Bentley is on the pitch. Bentley offers far more to England TODAY than Beckham can.

RUBBISH! Have you seen Bentley play for England, he was embarressing when I saw him at Wembley, he tried to do a Ronaldo step over at one point & back heeled it out for a throw. He is far too over hyped, Beckham is still far better.

Now look for sure he is gone for good. Bentley in my own opinion is not about playing for europe football, just that he think blackburn is not 'big enough' for him I guess. Which I believe time will prove him wrong. If he are going to places like the big 4. I did have nothing to comment about it but to another team that have worse standing than us last year? Then I am not sure about his motive. The fact is, if he was staying in Blackburn, he would have play at least 30 plus match for us. But to spurs? Maybe he will end up like bent, be a 17 million bench warmer. Even not the case, don't forget there is still lennon fighting for that position too. Therefore there is a chance he may even lost his england position.

For me I guess sometime player did not think far enough. To be in club where you are a stars or to be in a so called 'star club' where you are nobody? If Hughes advice went into this head, the best for him is to stay with us another year and see what we can accomplish this year before thinking about moving on.

Whatever it is, I am quite sure he will be going off this time round. So anyone fancy lennon over bentley. :lol:

I'll help you re-phrase that. Truly amazing right foot, phenomenal vision, the best attitude you could possibly want from an international & is extremely hard working.

I agree that Gascoigne is up there, he in fact, was my favourite England player for years, I would try & watch him at every oppurtunity. However, Beckham has been phenomenal for England, despite two stupid red cards. He could have retired early like Scholes & Shearer, who did so in my opinion to 'jump before they were pushed' but he stuck at it after resigning as captain, being dropped by McClaren & slagged off in the press. He travels halfway around the world to wear the England shirt & always puts in 110%.

Now look for sure he is gone for good. Bentley in my own opinion is not about playing for europe football, just that he think blackburn is not 'big enough' for him I guess. Which I believe time will prove him wrong. If he are going to places like the big 4. I did have nothing to comment about it but to another team that have worse standing than us last year? Then I am not sure about his motive. The fact is, if he was staying in Blackburn, he would have play at least 30 plus match for us. But to spurs? Maybe he will end up like bent, be a 17 million bench warmer. Even not the case, don't forget there is still lennon fighting for that position too. Therefore there is a chance he may even lost his england position.

For me I guess sometime player did not think far enough. To be in club where you are a stars or to be in a so called 'star club' where you are nobody? If Hughes advice went into this head, the best for him is to stay with us another year and see what we can accomplish this year before thinking about moving on.

Whatever it is, I am quite sure he will be going off this time round. So anyone fancy lennon over bentley. :lol:

Bently wouldn't think the whole of the Klingon Empire was big enough for him.

I think you mean Lennon over an occupied physio bed with his current attitude. Lennon seems the best of a poor bunch to be honest. Worried about lack of 10m quality names being mentioned - did our scouts take their lists with them? Do we have a scouting network now? We've had enough notice of this for heavens sake! :angry:

Archived