BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Losing Bentley will be like losing Bellamy all over again. Both were absolute class acts on the pitch. They have that little bit of something that makes you expect an output.

We recovered from losing Bellamy at £6m and we'll do the same from losing Bentley.

Bentley was our most exciting player last season, but we'll have a new one this season and that is exciting.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Losing Bentley will be like losing Bellamy all over again. Both were absolute class acts on the pitch. They have that little bit of something that makes you expect an output.

We recovered from losing Bellamy at £6m and we'll do the same from losing Bentley.

Bentley was our most exciting player last season, but we'll have a new one this season and that is exciting.

Bentley having medical tomorrow SSN

Cue lots of childish responses and general immature comments. Overrated, not worth half that, wont get in the team, wont do any good for england, town drunk, we hate spurs etc etc. :rolleyes:

PrestonBlues in the lead at present.

Well it looks like the deal is done, if we get pretty close to £17 million for the brat and the contract isn't one full of add-ons I will be happy.

I was happy to keep Bentley even after his drunken rant, but that changed for me when he faked injury to skip our pre-season games.

Sounds to me like the deluded, arrogant and egoistical Bentley will have found a club with the same 'qualities'.

Cue all the Spurs fans flooding the various football message boards saying how he has moved to a better club and a huge step up. I’ll just laugh knowing that Bentley will come out with another drunken rant in two years time saying he needs to play in the champions league as he won’t get that with Spurs.

Thanks for the service Bentley, now jog on!

How did you react to the new manager again?

I think initial disbelief quickly turning into dismay would be an accurate assesment.

Dunno how this will end and I hate to say it but this is how to show strength and resolve ........ and should he stay I bet the hordes at OT will not boo, whistle or cat call at him either.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12047_3834791,00.html

Compare this to JW's statement a few weeks ago that no one was leaving. :rolleyes:

I think initial disbelief quickly turning into dismay would be an accurate assesment.

Now if Bentley had been happy to stay when Hughes was here, you might have a point on this issue.

As you know full well, he wasn't, so using this as another stick to criticise Ince with, simply doesn't hold up.

Now if Bentley had been happy to stay when Hughes was here, you might have a point on this issue.

As you know full well, he wasn't, so using this as another stick to criticise Ince with, simply doesn't hold up.

I think you have misinterpreted the issue Simon. I was criticising some of our fans churlish attitude that Bentley is now too bad to burn.

The fact that I predicted a mass rush for the door by our better players a few weeks ago is not the issue that Shillitoe is dogging me about.

The fact that I predicted a mass rush for the door by our better players a few weeks ago.

That would be errrr.................. Bentley (who had previously made up his mind to leave anyway) and Friedel ( who received a ridiculous offer from Villa) ?

That would be errrr.................. Bentley (who had previously made up his mind to leave anyway) and Friedel ( who received a ridiculous offer from Villa) ?

Well Ooijer wants to go, we know that. I suspect Warnock does too but it appears according to nicko that JW is finally putting his foot down. After that we are still being kept on tenterhooks by RSC and samba as rumours still circulate in the pres and media.

Well Ooijer wants to go, we know that. I suspect Warnock does too but it appears according to nicko that JW is finally putting his foot down. After that we are still being kept on tenterhooks by RSC and samba as rumours still circulate in the pres and media.

Ooijer's a useful back up member of the squad, but I wouldn't class him as one of our key players. At his age, arguably he deserves regular first team football elsewhere.

I can't comment on Warnock's state of mind, but after initially voicing displeasure when Hughes left, he did publicly say he was happy once Ince arrived.

We're not being kept on tenterhooks by RSC and Samba at all are we?

Bentley you tart, get out and clear your locker boy! You're just lucky I don't have a pitchfork and a decent pair of trainers :D

Seriously though, If you would have said last week that we would have ripped Spurs off twice in one week, I'd have wet my pants. Brilliant news, very positive, can't wait to see Villanueva!

Come on you Blues!!!

We are not getting what we want for him- in fact a long way short. JW has blinked on this one.

Why do you say that - no fee has been reported as yet - so we do not know what the deal is. It would not surprise me if Bentley is encouraging other members of the squad to seek pastures new.

Ooijer was being touted as going back to the Netherlands months ago.

Warnock hasn't said he wants out, he's been subject to bids from Newcastle. As much as we might not like it, clubs aren't barred from making unwelcome bids.

It would have been remarkable if RSC wasn't subject of possible transfer speculation. Same to an extent with Samba - although he has stated he's no intention of leaving.

So none appear to be obvious members of the InceIsHereIWantOut club that you and Jan seem to think has been set up at Brockhall.

We are not getting what we want for him- in fact a long way short. JW has blinked on this one.

Maybe the possible transfer targets the money is geared for are available at lower prices than expected and need to be acquired quickly? If the expectation was we'd get around £12.5m net (after Arsenal) for Bents, and we're now in line for about £10m, but the players are say £4m, £3.5m and £2.5m instead of £5m, £4.5m and £3m, does his sale value really matter that much?

Really? I thought you threatened to send back your season ticket and take up golf. Seems a bit, well, childish? Immature?

Take your ball home mentality sir.

I say that circa £17,000,000 million is a top deal, and well done to JW for holding out for the dosh.

Bentley is a very good player, but he just not quite as good as he thinks he is.

I now cant wait for him to be sat on the bench at Spurs whilst Arshavin and co are strutting their stuff..................

One love BRFC

Bentley is good... but i agree not as good as he thinks... he may prove us all wrong and prove to be the best thing since sliced bread... he deserves teh chance to provie it... but at Spurs? I don't think so... although the london bias will help him in his quest for an England place.

Good Luck to him... we have made enough out of him... despite the sell-on to arsenal...

Let's face it he wasn't as influential as players like Tugay or Roque!

Bentley you tart, get out and clear your locker boy! You're just lucky I don't have a pitchfork and a decent pair of trainers :D

Seriously though, If you would have said last week that we would have ripped Spurs off twice in one week, I'd have wet my pants. Brilliant news, very positive, can't wait to see Villanueva!

Come on you Blues!!!

No no that can't be right- Spurs fans hold Levy up as a really 'tough' negotiator.

Mind you they think we're something from beyond the dark so if Bentley get injured pre- season I think we might expect a mass exorcism when they come up here! :D

Not sure about that, Billy. It's Spurs, whereby he'll be a regular starter, unlike Duff (who was also played out of position whenever he did start anyway).

no he wasnt.

in his first 2 seasons, he played some incredible football. his 2nd season was probably his best one, when him and robben played in the wide roles, frequently swapping sides. he also scored about 10 goals that season i think.

think duff will have been delighted with the switch - he won trophy's, played with some amazing players and got paid a small fortune....

RUBBISH! Have you seen Bentley play for England, he was embarressing when I saw him at Wembley, he tried to do a Ronaldo step over at one point & back heeled it out for a throw. He is far too over hyped, Beckham is still far better.

In his 2nd game at wembley, he was the best player on the park.

amazing how selective peoples memories are just because he's leaving us now

Archived