BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Although I don't agree with Bentleys actions over his desire to leave, he is history now. Time to move on.

He is an arrogant, selfish human being & I hope he doesn't set the world alight now.

However.......thankyou for that last minute goal against Wisla Krakow, I had him to score last & us to win 2-1 at 75/1. Had a fantastic holiday!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DB Loses Shirt

Bentley, who was presented as a Spurs player yesterday, has cultivated his public image as carefully as Beckham, and the No 7 shirt at Spurs was intended to be part of the package. He was dismayed to learn that Lennon was given the number.

Bentley has agreed to settle for No 5.

As a Spurs fan Im surprised he didnt want Gazza's old shirt.

Amazing though his hero was Eric Cantona

Manchester United Fan Bentley

"Quote I'm a Manchester United fan. My dad originally got me watching them and the way they played. Eric Cantona was there at the time - I loved him, him and Gazza. The first match I ever saw was Tottenham versus Wimbledon when Gazza first came down to London. Lineker was there too, but for me Cantona was the true hero.

Gazza wasn't even in his Fantasy XI ^_^

Good to see he has already started lying to the spuds supporters, good start in a player-fan relationship. Although knowing the spuds rigtht, they will be in denial and make sure to always tell everyone how much Bentley love them. You got to feel sorry for them, erm...not really :P

Bentley will be off as soon as a bigger club wants his services, and then he will be a lifelong fan of that club. Funny that.

Bentley is his own worst enemy. He'd be better off served keeping his mouth well shut in the future but the chance of that is virtually non-existant. To be frank though, he was fantastic for us and I don't think I'll ever enjoy watching a hat-trick of goals more than those he put past Manure. (Oh and the comical Rio who turned into a Rovers hero for a night...). He's arrogant, ignorant and annoying. He's also a pretty good player and one whose creative influence we will miss no matter who replaces him. While I am upset in the way he left and agree with many that he should have done himself a favour and stayed one more year, we've ended up with a damn good deal out of it. £15 million rising to £17 million for someone who started out as a loan and eventually cost £3 million reportedly. Bye bye David, all the best but I hope your new team falls on it's ar@e because I dislike them immensely too.

scores for spuds, and promptly kisses the badge! he's just sealed his rough welcome at ewood.

I don't get it. What difference does it make? It's not like he ever pledged undying love for our club.

He's gone, and we got an unbelievable amount of money for him. I'd have taken £12m for him in January.

Very interesting to read back over some of the first few posts on this thread.

Firstly some crackers -

What does everyone think about David Bentley?

To be honest i am not too keen and the feeling from others who sit near me in the BB end are the same.

I think so far the sub appearance against Bolton and parts of the 1st half last night are the only time he has really been involved in the match to a significant level.

Others views??

He was playing?

Honestly Im sure hes got lots of potential, but its not at right wing

I don't know how to write the sound of a big long fart

Not to mention one that we all seemed to forget about until we were put straight recently -

Apparently, this quote is saying we've got Bentley in a deal for around £3m! Although hope that includes wages and fee, if that's the case. But then, he is a young player and Arsenal are needing the cash.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...p;TEAMHD=soccer

......and the best of the lot -

I think signing Bentley is a very good piece of business. We very likely got him for under £1m, and if so its very clever - at 21 he's a player that could play regularly for a couple of years, play to an average standard, and can still be sold on in a couple of years at a price that would recoup the outlay.

Fairly low risk on account of his age, the board did good :tu:

:tu:

Ha ha.

I agree with T4E, it's certainly nothing like kissing the Chelsea badge. Bentley hasn't been raised in Blackburn, he's from London (and allegedly !! a Spurs fan). He was here what, three years? I don't have a problem with him trying to ease the tension, he's probably trying to banish the skepticism caused by his Arsenal history.

Good luck to him, don't think Spurs will break in to anything "top" this year either.

I don't get it. What difference does it make? It's not like he ever pledged undying love for our club.

He's gone, and we got an unbelievable amount of money for him. I'd have taken £12m for him in January.

Its great business indeed we made 7M profit on him its a great return.

He did well for us on the pitch, can't say I like him as a person but don't really know him but he gives the impression that he cuddles himself while sleeping.

I'm not worried about his return either Warnock will put him in his pocket, and we can always set the axe on him in the last ten!

He did well for us on the pitch, can't say I like him as a person but don't really know him but he gives the impression that he cuddles himself while sleeping.

:lol::lol:

Good work, sir.

But to kiss your new badge the very first game you play is just....

We all know he loves his contract, but is that all a badge represents these days? I thought it had something to do with the club's history and the fans. None of which Bentley has been a part of for more than a day.

Archived