BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Something struck me today when reading the reams of pages of pages of Bentley/Spurs coverage today.

His career record is 170 games - 24 goals

For us it was 133 games - 21 goals.

Hardly prolific. When you consider Ronaldo notched 42 goals last season, it shows how far Bentley has to go to become a truly great player.

17m - kerchiiiiiiiiingggg.

Just a shame about the sell on clause.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something struck me today when reading the reams of pages of pages of Bentley/Spurs coverage today.

His career record is 170 games - 24 goals

For us it was 133 games - 21 goals.

In comparison MGP for us has 32 goals in 164 games for Rovers...which is quite a bit better. That includes some pretty bad patches of form as well...he could not hit a cows arse with a banjo not so long back.

Also...if you look at the season before last (2006/2007) Bentley had 7 goals and 13 assists while MGP has 8 goals and 12 assists.

Last year as we know was not quite as productive but an improvement from him this coming season will take some of the tough work off replacing Bentley from whomever shall be given his space. We need the rest of the midfield to step up to the plate to make up for his absence...not just our next right winger.

I don't get it. What difference does it make? It's not like he ever pledged undying love for our club.

He's gone, and we got an unbelievable amount of money for him. I'd have taken £12m for him in January.

I agree it doesn't make a difference actually. Now that he's gone, he is nothing more than an ex-player. But there is still something that irks you about such acts, because we already have a whole lot of contradictory statements from bentley showing that the whole tottenham fan thing was nothing more than a convenient story. Perhaps my irritation is a larger extrapolation to everything's that's wrong with footballers these days.

Big gob is in the spuds team playing B Dortmund. Just noting the amount of midfieldrs they have and he will be hard pushed tp play 60% of games as spouds cannot keep them all happy.

Modric,Huddlestone,Jenas,Lennon,Bentley,Zakora,OHara,Taraabt,Ghaly and Boetang.

10 midfielders !!! Now wtf is all that about then ?

They still have 10 defenders in the first team squad.

Foward wise, they have Bent and Giovanni, with Berbatov leaving to be replaced by A Nother.

Looks like a real quality outfit going places NOT :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Going on about Bentley is pointless..He has gone and plays for Spurs..Did not look great yesterday though..But give him time..Who cares what they do anyway..We should only be concentrating on our own players and team..

Can anyone tell me who DB dad is as he states he played for BRFC CMidfield.

What era did he play? how many games etc.?

Definitely Andy McDermid, a youth coach at Arsenal. He's trained me from the age of 13 until this year. I probably owe all my development as a footballer to him. The coaching he's provided has helped me so much. He taught me when to run with the ball, when to pass it - his knowledge is amazing. My dad's also been a massive influence. He's always been there to give advice when I've needed it. He takes me everywhere I need to go for games and tournaments and pays my way when I'm travelling. He also knows the game very well. He used to play the game himself, for Rochdale and Blackburn as a centre midfielder. He always lets me know when I've made mistakes on the pitch! I appreciate him telling me what I could've done better, even if I don't always agree with him! I know when I've had a bad game though - it makes me feel sick. Saturdays can't come quick enough - I train all week looking forward to them, so if I waste one with a bad performance it makes me feel horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Read this on the BBC site today during Spurs v. Chelsea, it made me laugh. I too have been wondering what's going on with his hair since he left.

"David Bentley pushes forward and wins a corner. I like Bentley as a player but what is going on with his new gel-intense hairstyle? It was shaven, solid and northern at Blackburn but has mutated into some kind of interwar years army officer style. Am I missing something?"

Some songs from Shooting Stars wouldn't go amiss when he arrives at Ewood: "He's a 1950's greasy lover!"

Archived