BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

:lol: Poor Bentley... poor Spurs :lol:

Keep it going Hull :tu:

If they sack Ramos though they might start playing well so the longer he stays the better from my point of view. as long as he doesn't go and they appoint a new manager just before we play them.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31 games to recover 11 points in all probability- champions league is not going to happen.

31 games to recover 10 points- UEFA Cup through league position looks a very unlikely proposition.

The way Newcastle are going at Everton, they could be 5 points off safety tonight, probably 4 points and goal difference away.

Away to Stoke, home to Bolton then its only Arsenal A, Liverpool H, City A!

So what's this next level Bentley the drunk has gone to?

Season still young, but the move to further his career is looking really good for him currently.

Obviously, most fans wanted him to stay, but I really think he would have benefited from another year with us (and continue to develop).

Oh well, maybe he should just stick to looking like a pr*ck with that stupid haircut - does it well.

Although we have benefitted financially by selling him this close season, despite the sell-on clause, I feel both he and the club have lost out on the sale; we have not replaced him and clearly miss his creativity and for him, he's just gone backwards. I'm sure he can recover, but it will be interesting to see if he does.

I am really angry at Bentley as a Rovers and England fan.

He is IMO the best right sided English player in the country.

Walcott is a striker, Beckham is past it, Lennon and Phillips are not good enough with their delivery.

He is 24 years, in his prime and he chose to leave us for what? A subs bench for a team bottom of the table, his agent should be shot.

Remember Bentley and his agent between them got 10% of the transfer fee so they made £1.5m from that.

On the other hand, they failed to earn 25 weeks of a £35k per week increase by not taking Rovers' new offer- £875K

AND Bentley is on £49K a week at Spuds rather than the £55k offered at Rovers has lost another 15 x £6k since leaving (another £90K) and will lose £1.25m over the four years of his contract.

So Bentley is LOSING financially by having turned down his new Rovers contract and signing for Spurs.

PLUS, being the star player at Ewood would make inclusion in the England squad vastly easier than being in a midfield full of players good enough to keep him on the bench at Spuds and so his loss of sponsorship/media money is now potentially enormous. I would guess that the likes of Hargreaves and Carrick when fit will be ahead of him in getting England places back whilst Walcott, SWP and Beckham are ahead of him in the pecking order for his favoured right midfield slot which he is not even first choice for at Spuds. So his route to being an England regular and getting the brylcream ads is effectively blocked.

Absolutely kamikaze move by Bentley as things currently stand.

What an idiot!! From the new Beckham to not even in the squad in the space of 3months! Surely he must regret going to rock bottom spuds. They are a shambles and he is not furthering his career at all! All I can say is hahahahahahahahahah! He is getting what he deserves in the end for making a mockery of the team that made him into the player he WAS! It just gets better and better...

If he was still playing for us, he would be playing week in week out on his favoured right hand role, getting full(ish) games, probably getting rave reviews like he was and probably starting for England in the qualifiers. Ok so that is theoretical but it could well have happened and instead he is making himself look even more of a ######!

At Rovers Bentley was idolised. He was our kingpin provider and his style of play suited Rovers down to a tee.

He opted to make his move via the media in a drunken rant on Sky, I have actually spoken to a lad who was at the same all night and morning breakfast do and know exactly what he had been doing all night (flashing the cash and jewellery).

He got his move after crying off from any Rovers pre season games and he got his slice of the cake.

Now he is hated amongst his clubs supporters who dont seem to have a good word for him. He earns less than what was on offer at Ewood. His position at th club is undermined with the likes of Jenas, Huddlestone and Lennon fighting for a slot on the right. His England slot has gone to SWP, who I may add seems to be playing the best football of his life. His team are rooted to the foot of the table and he gets a sub appearance as a right back !

Well done Dave, your either very badly advised or your a complete tw*t. I suspect the latter :lol:

He actually put in some belting crosses yesterday but his team are that inept they couldn't even head one of those on target! The free kick that beat them was postage stamp perfect. How long for Ramos? Will they continue to try his system fof a while? If he lasts until Christmas, on current form, they'll already be relegated. Can't see that happening myself but...

Bentley's move to Tottenham has proved a disaster for all concerned.

Bentley has lost his England spot due to his failure to win a regular place at Tottenham.

Tottenham seem to have bought players the manager doesn't seem to want and are suffering as a result.

The Rovers have lost their most creative player and have been weakened as a result.

A sad episode in which there are no winners only losers.

He actually put in some belting crosses yesterday but his team are that inept they couldn't even head one of those on target! The free kick that beat them was postage stamp perfect. How long for Ramos? Will they continue to try his system fof a while? If he lasts until Christmas, on current form, they'll already be relegated. Can't see that happening myself but...

Problem for them is that it will cost £15m to remove Ramos! That would surely be a major disaster for Levy.

Bentley deserves everything that happens to him for the way he engineered his move and then never really thanked us for his development. Good ridance, the Blackburn Curse strikes again! :lol:

Archived