BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Happened To Our Money?

mark

Just a shame that the Walker trust has no interest whatsoever in Blackburn Rovers :rolleyes:

And where did you get this pearl of wisdom from? As a trust it doesn't have a choice about what it does or does not support - it just has to follow the wishes laid down.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very true but players think that's money well spent. I was watching Sky Sports News the other day and there was a player who moved from London up to a North West club in the summer and his agent had to get everything sorted out for him which included a gardener for his new home. When he turned up on the Monday morning to work in the garden the player called his agent and said "what is he doing here today, we want him here tomorrow" so the agent said "Ok go and tell him that" but the player couldn't be bothered to walk out and tell the guy so told his agent who was in London to call the gardener to get him to come back tomorrow. Some players rely on them for to much these days I'm surprised they can wipe there own backsides to be honest :D

I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest on here in the new Rovers accounts mentioned in the LT the other day. Wages now 90% of turnover - I thought 70 was the target - and overdraft back up to 20 million despite selling RSC, Bentley and Warnock in the last little while. The Sky bonanza that had us all salivating a couple of years ago has been well and truly peed up the wall.

I'd love to know where we are in the salary league table as I'll bet it ain't 17th where half the members on here think is an acceptable finish.

I know Williams often mentions the link between salaries and league position, but I'm beginning to think he has the cause and effect the wrong way round. Paying 10th best or whatever doesn't mean we will finish tenth, especially when the likes of Diouf and Salgado are sucking huge gobs of money out of the club. But a team that finishes 10th will find it's salary budget inflated by all the win and position bonuses.

And funding the salary budget from the sales of our best players is a ludicrous strategy

You are on the right lines but Hoilett is a good prospect and should be kept.

I would love to keep Hoilett, but word is that he is a want away. And his contract ends this summer and he is refusing to sign a new one. So sell him in January when we can get something for him, even if a pittance.

Archived