1864roverite Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Hooray! At last a suggested line-up on this MB which does not make me think the author is a deranged 2 year old who has already spent 3 man years playing computer games. I will go with that and would be confident that line-up could scare the bejeebers out of any of the Big 4. The subs btw would be Brown, Zura, Emerton, Reid, Hoilett, McCarthy and Diouf. Grella and Andrews would be behind Jacobsen, Van Heerden, Roberts and Doran even to get on the bench. Andrews could be filling in the JW upper selling pies and drinks when they are short staffed.
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
Bobby G Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Very quiet around here...I think Emana is a figment of someone's imagination and its more likely that even if we sell the two guys in question, the replacement will be nothing in the same mould or quality.
Amo Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Ask Rangers if they'd like Khizanishvili back in trade for Pedro Mendes.
Stuart Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Very quiet around here...I think Emana is a figment of someone's imagination and its more likely that even if we sell the two guys in question, the replacement will be nothing in the same mould or quality. Corrected it for you. Seriously though, if we do sell any more players before the close of play on Tuesday, we HAVE to bring in a midfielder. Failing that, I'd sooner have Benni and Zura available as cover for injuries or suspensions - if nothing else. (Not that I'm an expert, just a paying punter).
RevidgeBlue Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 McCarthy has his faults but it would be suicidal to even contemplate selling him at this late stage. If Chelsea recall Di Santo at Christmas that would leave us with just the unproven Kalinic and Roberts who most people would say isn't good enough as first choice.
RovertheHill Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Andrews could be filling in the JW upper selling pies and drinks when they are short staffed. I imagine he'd run about a lot, cover a lot of ground, get into some good positions, but ultimately his touch would let him down and he'd pass your pie to someone else...
John Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Sam trying to offload Andrews as of last week, just been told as fact!
greggyk Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 So offering him a new contract and turning down a bid from Fulham......................get a feeling the person who told you this matey,..may be wrong..
John Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 100 per cent true with the person in question now, no source names for obvious reasons
1864roverite Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 I imagine he'd run about a lot, cover a lot of ground, get into some good positions, but ultimately his touch would let him down and he'd pass your pie to someone else... Now that response really did make me laugh
Big Fat Sam Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 100 per cent true with the person in question now, no source names for obvious reasons I hope your right.
Exiled_Rover Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Have you seen Hoilett?! Seen him twice now. Looks the best prospect since Duff. He is going to make it. I was talking about Treacy. Hoilett has impressed me immensely.
Iceman Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Very quiet around here...I think Emana is a figment of someone's imagination and its more likely that even if we sell the two guys in question, the replacement will be nothing in the same mould or quality. If we sell Zurab and Benni, we still wont buy a midfielder. Everybody can see we still need a midfielder even before any sale. However selling Benni means selling a striker, and relying on 3 inexperienced strikers and Roberts. Benjani is ######, and worse than Roberts
Mr. E Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 100 per cent true with the person in question now, no source names for obvious reasons Amazing then that he has played him in every minute of every game so far this season, possibly costing us a few points?
Iceman Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 So offering him a new contract and turning down a bid from Fulham......................get a feeling the person who told you this matey,..may be wrong.. I think by offering Andrews a new contract, means he wont be allowed to leave on the cheap. The one question though is, IF Sam really does not see Andrews in his plans, then why play him when the likes of Junior and Elrio are available?
John Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Andrews was offered to a Premiership club last week and they declined the opportunity. It was a manager to manager phone call and I know for an absolute fact it happened.
JAL Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Andrews was offered to a Premiership club last week and they declined the opportunity. It was a manager to manager phone call and I know for an absolute fact it happened. That clubs manager is obviously not daft.
Big Fat Sam Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Andrews was offered to a Premiership club last week and they declined the opportunity. It was a manager to manager phone call and I know for an absolute fact it happened. So Sam phoned Woy? So Keiths being hocked round as well as Benni and Kish, so what do we need the money for??
JAL Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 So Sam phoned Woy? So Keiths being hocked round as well as Benni and Kish, so what do we need the money for?? Obviously someones lined up.
ScottishRover Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Sam must have a player lined up if he is trying to make funds available. I pray its someone for midfield. Maybe talks have already happened with this player and he would come. Would be a risk to sell 3 players and then not get who we want in
dingles staying down 4ever Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Sam must have a player lined up if he is trying to make funds available. I pray its someone for midfield. Maybe talks have already happened with this player and he would come. Would be a risk to sell 3 players and then not get who we want in Personally I think we need another right back. You can never have enough cover!
laughatthedingles Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 The reason we have no money is that the club has been running itself on the last penny for the last few seasons and last season made them really see what it would have been like had they gone down, I am talking more leeds than charlton as well. Therefore coupled with the fact they realised spending around 75% of your turnover on wages (which is in the top 5 in the leage) is ridiculous, and they decided to reduce costs by around £50,000 a week or £2,600,000 a year and get rid of the bank debt, which was at around £13,000,000 and add to this the lost revenue in places which they had budgeted for (around £3,000,000) and you have around £16,000,000 this year which they wanted to reduce/remove. The comes the maths: Stephen Warnock +£7,000,000 & £35,000pw Paul Gallagher + £750,000 & £15,000pw Nick Blackman + £4,000pw for 5months Alex Marrow + £350pw for 5 months Gavin Gunning + £350pw for 5 months Alan Judge + £2,000pw for 5 months Mark Bunn + £4,000pw for 5 months Keith Treacy + £7,000pw for 5 months Josh O'Keefe + £350pw Roque Santa Cruz + £17,000,000 & £50,000pw Matt Derbyshire + £3,500,000 & £20,000pw Jamie Clarke +£350pw Dean Winnard +£350pw Aaron Mokoena + £20,000pw Andre Ooijer + £35,000pw Tony Kane + £350pw Tugay + £10,000pw Pascal Chimbonda -£1,500,00 & £35,000pw Michel Salgado - £40,000pw Nikola Kalinic - £6,500,000 & £35,000pw Franco Di Santo -£25,000pw for 5 months Steven N'Zonzi - £500,000 & £7,000pw Elrio van Heerden - £7,000 pw Lars Jacobsen - £20,000pw Gael Givet - £3,500,000 & £35,000pw Bank Balance = £250,000 Wages Balance = Still -£50,000 so take that off the bank balance and we are still around £2,500,000 away from where we want to be, yes the money could be used, but is it worth risking our clubs life when we should still be safe, IF we looked in major trouble, or Big Sam thought we didnt have enough to survive then money vs risk would be reassessed.
Big Fat Sam Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Obviously someones lined up. Surely we could raise 7.5M for the three of them at least plus wages, thats quite a lot of money and free wages surely. Probably though we'll see nothing happen and we'll stay as we are.
RoverRich Posted August 30, 2009 Posted August 30, 2009 Andrews was offered to a Premiership club last week and they declined the opportunity. It was a manager to manager phone call and I know for an absolute fact it happened. My guess would be that Andrews was offered to Portsmouth as they seem desperate for midfielders at the moment but they have just signed about 3 so they would no longer be an option. Find it strange how he is being offered away having signed a new contract, played so much so far this season and having been given the captaincy the other night. Maybe Sam just had to play him due to lack of options. If we could change Andrews for someone like Emana that would be a great deal.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.