BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

I was really surprised not to see anything on the Andrews incident, I was hoping to get a better idea of what happened.

I'm very suprised that Linekar and the studio guests on MoTD didn't comment on the match at all. 5 goals, 2 of em crackers, end to end stuff and most of all the salient point of the match the Arteta eye poking incident.

That's just the BBC showing how 'impartial' they are again.

Arteta is an exciting player, why would you want to let the neutral fans know he pokes people in the eye? Much better to gloss over it or ignore it completely, that seems much fairer. :rock:

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOTD2 raving about Heskey's contribution vs. Pompey. Sheesh, that's probably the only thing he's done all season and they decide to hail him for it. If Capello wants a decent hold-up striker, then take Zamora to the WC. He's actually found the back of the net this season. I don't particularly give a hoot about England, but it's astonishing how Heskey is dubbed international class.

Can't believe the BBC have now given Colin Murray MOTD2. Is there no programme safe from this man? World Cup coverage too - am I the only one who can't see his appeal?

no, he's got an incredibly annoying monotone voice. And he manages to say the words 'on this great night of European football at Anfield' :unsure: at every possible opportunity.

The Adkins interview was a spur of the moment thing when he suddenly appeared and was not only not pre-scripted but totally impromptu. Her spot on the scunthorpe chaplain went out on air last Sunday and can be seen till the end of today on iplayer Late kickoff Yorks and Lincs episode 12 and is about 19 minutes into the programme.

That's not what I came on here to talk about though - MOTD reached new depths yesterday evening when their only comment on a 2-3 between us and Everton was "That's the first goal Cahill has scored with his feet in a year!"

OK Gumboots. just me being a bit Colin grumpy...

No offence meant to your daughter.

Cheers

OK Gumboots. just me being a bit Colin grumpy...

No offence meant to your daughter.

Cheers

None taken either. :) We are all aware that many questions to football managers are bland and their answers often more so. It's hard though when you have to keep good relationships with clubs (otherwise they just refuse to speak to you, not something the BBC and particularly a new programme trying to establish itself and get a second season, can really afford) and want to ask slightly more edgy questions. She did an interview with a certain manager who talked without any prompting about the fans' reaction to his players' performance being the kind of thing that got you the sack. They showed the fans chanting and the manager interview but were careful to say that it wasn't all the fans and to balance the piece with some comments on how well the club were doing generally and still fell foul of a number of people at the club who felt it portrayed the incident in a negative light. We'd all love to hear more agressive interviews where managers are really forced to answer awkward questions, but apart from if you already have a big reputation and can get away with being your own person, you have to be very careful what you ask, how you ask it and how you put a package together.

Can't believe the BBC have now given Colin Murray MOTD2. Is there no programme safe from this man? World Cup coverage too - am I the only one who can't see his appeal?

Unfortunately we're in the era of the rent-a-presenter.

I've had to put up with his lack of knowledge on Five's American Football coverage for far too long. That said, some of the looks that Mike Carlson gives him are classic! Take about exasperated!

I'm still gutted Adrian Chiles & Harry Hill didn't swap channels.

"You see, I like Wayne Rooney - he's a British terrier who never says die. But then I like Fernando Torres, because he's a matador of the footballing world. But who's better? There's only one way to find out: FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!"

Not at all happy with Murray doing it, like most I can't stand him.

It's hard role to fill though, can anyone think of other people who might have been suitable? Tim Lovejoy could have done a decent job.

I think Chiles' approach of doing it as a fan rather than an expert gave the show a unique feel compared to MOTD1, perfect for Sunday nights really.

Not at all happy with Murray doing it, like most I can't stand him.

It's hard role to fill though, can anyone think of other people who might have been suitable? Tim Lovejoy could have done a decent job.

I think Chiles' approach of doing it as a fan rather than an expert gave the show a unique feel compared to MOTD1, perfect for Sunday nights really.

It had to be someone quirky and was presumably always going to be an internal appointment as the BBC would appear to like to do that, but surely there isn't only one man who fits that description within the BBC. I don't know but I used to watch MOTD2 as the end of the weekend's premier league coverage, a pleasant round up that didn't pretend to have pundits like MOTD and then not get them to say anything controversial, but I won't bother next season. It's not even that I liked chiles that much, just that I get really irritated by Murray and don't really want to end my weekend on that note when I have to get up for work on dark Monday mornings

Yes he's annoying and a "typical Liverpool fan", but how about we give him a chance eh? You might all be pleasantly surprised.

At least I'll be able to watch the show (on the very odd occasion that I do) without falling asleep half way through it listening to that boooooooorrring midlannnnddd accennnttt....zzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived