BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

It's the one advantage of RTE's "The Premiership". Those boys don't hold back at all, so you occasionally actually get analysis, rather than nonsense.

I'll never forget Souness's first appearance - he was asked a question and answered rather blandly. Then Eamonn Dunphy *TORE* into the team under discussion and ripped shreds out of their defending, using selected clips. Souness just turned to him and asked "you're allowed say that here?", and proceeded to get stuck in. Brilliant.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITV highlight programs make you long for Larwenson and Hansen... Almost.

No but it does make you long for decent camera work,graphics and editing. Covering all the matches does mean that you are not going to have your top men on every game but I've seen better work from students than some of what went out yesterday. I've even filmed some stuff myself better than some of it with a brief "press this button mum than this one and do it like this"

We didn't even play this weekend according to ITV! Joke! Think we should adopt the Millwall chant "no one likes us we dont care"

They were reluctant to admit we were in the FA Cup draw for the fourth round as well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSO1pEHrXM

Fast forward to about 4 mins and you'll see the "Selected Numbers" graphic on the side. This is suppose to show numbers to look out for that have still to be drawn. As they are pulled out with they are replaced with another remaining team.

Skip to around 6 mins and they start to run out so it changes to "Still to be drawn" and blanks appear but notice we're not there!

They were reluctant to admit we were in the FA Cup draw for the fourth round as well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSO1pEHrXM

Fast forward to about 4 mins and you'll see the "Selected Numbers" graphic on the side. This is suppose to show numbers to look out for that have still to be drawn. As they are pulled out with they are replaced with another remaining team.

Skip to around 6 mins and they start to run out so it changes to "Still to be drawn" and blanks appear but notice we're not there!

We spotted that too and even rewound to make sure we hadn't missed us being drawn.

On the way back I said to my mate that MOTD will discuss how LFC lost and not how Rovers won then we will get 5 seconds before they move on that goes like this:

'Blackburn did well?' 'Yes, played well'.

The same formulaic tosh every week.

Which is why i refuse to watch this sh*te :angry:

Which is why i refuse to watch this sh*te :angry:

Hope you didn't waste time watching it again this week because yet again, we didn't play. OK I know we got beat but I do think a mention that we were the other side on the pitch might be worth a word or two. Have to be careful what I say about the BBC as my daughter is going back to Late Kick Off in Leeds, but why every week does MOTD plumb new depths of awfulness.

Some of you might be interested in these pieces on the excellent 'In Bed with Maradona' blog about the current state of mainstram football coverage in the UK. There seems to be a growing demand for more informed punditry and opinion from mainstream media to compete with a lot of the offerings on the internet. Interesting to see that the BBC has just brought in a tactics column.

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/the-revolution-must-be-televised/

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/the-revolution-must-be-televised-part-ii/

Gosport Borough's leading goalscorer Justin Bennett will join Eastleigh on loan until the end of the season as the Blue Square South side push for promotion.

Lastly, Blackburn Rovers hosted West Bromwich Albion......

:lol:

LMAO, even funnier as it's probably quite near the truth! :-)

Did Lee Dixon just call Junior very Fabregas like???? :unsure:

He did indeed, not sure how he can compare a pacey tricky winger to Fabregas, but I would take that if I was Junior.

What was the deal with the birdy song playing, I missed the begining, but they kept on playing it. Surely not some poor chicken joke again?

He did indeed, not sure how he can compare a pacey tricky winger to Fabregas, but I would take that if I was Junior.

What was the deal with the birdy song playing, I missed the begining, but they kept on playing it. Surely not some poor chicken joke again?

Crazy comparison theyre completely different...

But yeah good for Junior.

Yeah just MOTD trying to be funny as usual, but failing!

• Backroom

The MOTD commentator was obsessed with kalinic "handballing" it for our second goal, even though it was quite obviously a chested lay off :blink: don't think Sky even mentioned it., and it hasn't been in any of the match reports.

The MOTD commentator was obsessed with kalinic "handballing" it for our second goal, even though it was quite obviously a chested lay off :blink: don't think Sky even mentioned it., and it hasn't been in any of the match reports.

That was bizarre. He kept mentioning it, then said "the West Brom players don't seem to be complaining". Maybe thats because they aren't blind.

Classic Lawro and Dixon tonight. Lawro looking like he could'nt careless plus adding his normal few digs at Rovers. Dixon just rambling, talking @#/?.

Archived