BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That birdy song stuff was really taking the ######. Not impressed, if that is what the BBC is about now then they really have dropped their standards. Next thing the Radio 4 news will start with "Soooo...in politics today...the main man Obama...is he down with the brothers or what?"

That birdy song stuff was really taking the ######. Not impressed, if that is what the BBC is about now then they really have dropped their standards. Next thing the Radio 4 news will start with "Soooo...in politics today...the main man Obama...is he down with the brothers or what?"

The chicken/bird jokes are becoming tedious now, do they play 'French Kiss - Lil Louis' everytime West Ham feature on their highlights? No they bloody well don't.

Is it such a hard thing for the media to fathom that Venkys have made a fortune out of the poultry industry?

They were really bad tonight. Colin Murry called Blackpool, Blackburn. Lawro(Nobber hairdresser) couldn't slag us off but every bit of praise was said in a forced tone. Lee, dingle, Dixon also struggled as well, it was like they had done the minimal preperation for the game possible especially with that shameful music thrown into the mix.

Lawro's piling on the weight a bit.

Muffin tum.

I quite liked his "not shaved in two days" look. I half expected him to have a can of Special Brew on the table. He looked good & wasted.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Blackpool/Blackburn slip. Let that one go as a verbal slip & relax.

That made me lol Colin although living in Nobber land its a bit more common than you think, Ive not shaved for a few days and theres an empty bottle next to me although it is Hoegaarden not special brew so not quite there yet.

As for the verbal slip up I would have let it go if the programme wasn't so poor tonight, Im usually infuriated by MOTD but tonight took the ######.

I thought MOTD2 was embarrassing to watch last night. Not from a Rovers point of view but from a license-fee paying viewer who wanted to watch a professionally put together show with decent commentary and good punditry. We got none of that. The chicken song was just idiotic and taking the p'ss for no reason other than to try to seem to be a bit clever. It made MOTD2 look like it was put together in a school playground. The commentator mixing up Kalinic and Pedersen was cringingly bad and 'hand-ball'? What hand-ball? I was sat there watching this crap to hear someone say, oh that was hand-ball but nobody complained. Yes, that's because it really WASN'T hand-ball. Anyway. back to the mix-up. How can you possibly mix Kalinic and Pedersen up? A big clue here, they have different hair colour, look totally different and Kalinic plays up front. As for the pundits, Lee Dixon was ok. Seriously, that's about all I can say positive about them or the presenter. Lawro, typicaly Lawro but looking like he really, really couldn't be arsed and only turned up because he had to. I bet he walked in two minutes before they were due to film and walked out 30 seconds after they'd finished, probably back to the pub or back to bed. As a Rovers fan, I was made to feel like Rovers were there just to make jokes of and to take the p'ss out of because they could. We only won the match which was completely incidental. BBC you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves, but I bet you really aren't. I suppose you thought nobody would actually watch MOTD2 last night...

I thought MOTD2 was embarrassing to watch last night. Not from a Rovers point of view but from a license-fee paying viewer who wanted to watch a professionally put together show with decent commentary and good punditry. We got none of that. The chicken song was just idiotic and taking the p'ss for no reason other than to try to seem to be a bit clever. It made MOTD2 look like it was put together in a school playground. The commentator mixing up Kalinic and Pedersen was cringingly bad and 'hand-ball'? What hand-ball? I was sat there watching this crap to hear someone say, oh that was hand-ball but nobody complained. Yes, that's because it really WASN'T hand-ball. Anyway. back to the mix-up. How can you possibly mix Kalinic and Pedersen up? A big clue here, they have different hair colour, look totally different and Kalinic plays up front. As for the pundits, Lee Dixon was ok. Seriously, that's about all I can say positive about them or the presenter. Lawro, typicaly Lawro but looking like he really, really couldn't be arsed and only turned up because he had to. I bet he walked in two minutes before they were due to film and walked out 30 seconds after they'd finished, probably back to the pub or back to bed. As a Rovers fan, I was made to feel like Rovers were there just to make jokes of and to take the p'ss out of because they could. We only won the match which was completely incidental. BBC you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves, but I bet you really aren't. I suppose you thought nobody would actually watch MOTD2 last night...

I too thought it was a very unprofessional show last night. It started with the appalling lack of interest from the commentator who sounded like he was listening to someone else's conversation and occasionally remembering that he was supposed to be doing a job of commentating properly at the same time. He made mistakes, as you said, but it was his general lack of enthusiasm for what he was watching that really irked me.

Guest linganzi

They played the birdie song ? Perhaps, just as a,bit of fun when man city are on they could play the sounds of people chained to radiators being flogged

Let them take the pi-- as much as they want. Just look at the premiership table this morning, Rovers are 7th. Is it 9 points away from the bottom 3. Better than last season at this stage. We must always remember Blackburn Rovers is a club people in the media love to hate. Let them get on with it. They begrudge the fact that Rovers are one of only 4 clubs to have won the premier league - a small town club. Today Rovers are a club who sacked an experienced manager for an inexperience one - the rights and wrongs of that has already been debated - yet the football being played these days is a lot better. Rovers players, are playing as though Kean has come along and taken the shackles off them. He has given them a licence to play. Let people hates us, we don't care.

One chant that should be sung at ewood park every game when neither arsenal, chelsea or man u are the oponents is, "Have you won the premier league" as a reminder to these biased pundits, let them cringe when they hear it sung. Because that cannot ever be taken from Rovers.

Today Rovers are taking the pi-- out of everybody else - they are 7th in the premier league and still not spent anything in the transfer market for how long? It is a good day to be a Rovers supporter today, lets enjoy it whilst we can. We have had enough dark days recently. Today is not one of those. Many in the media all they can do today is pi-- against the wind.

Let them take the pi-- as much as they want. Just look at the premiership table this morning, Rovers are 7th. Is it 9 points away from the bottom 3. Better than last season at this stage. We must always remember Blackburn Rovers is a club people in the media love to hate. Let them get on with it. They begrudge the fact that Rovers are one of only 4 clubs to have won the premier league - a small town club. Today Rovers are a club who sacked an experienced manager for an inexperience one - the rights and wrongs of that has already been debated - yet the football being played these days is a lot better. Rovers players, are playing as though Kean has come along and taken the shackles off them. He has given them a licence to play. Let people hates us, we don't care.

One chant that should be sung at ewood park every game when neither arsenal, chelsea or man u are the oponents is, "Have you won the premier league" as a reminder to these biased pundits, let them cringe when they hear it sung. Because that cannot ever be taken from Rovers.

Today Rovers are taking the pi-- out of everybody else - they are 7th in the premier league and still not spent anything in the transfer market for how long? It is a good day to be a Rovers supporter today, lets enjoy it whilst we can. We have had enough dark days recently. Today is not one of those. Many in the media all they can do today is pi-- against the wind.

Good shout.

It was annoying, but let them get on with it, and we'll get on with proving them wrong (hopefully!).

It kind of gives other people ammunition though, I had a north end fan telling me how awful it must be to follow the joke that is Rovers right now. Says a north ender!!!! We're SEVENTH in the PREMIER LEAGUE! They're six points adrift in the Championship, I know where I'd rather be thanks.

You just saved me a post.

They were really bad tonight. Colin Murry called Blackpool, Blackburn. Lawro(Nobber hairdresser) couldn't slag us off but every bit of praise was said in a forced tone. Lee, dingle, Dixon also struggled as well, it was like they had done the minimal preperation for the game possible especially with that shameful music thrown into the mix.

Plus they toned down the volume of the crowd noise, and when MGP lost possession forcing Robinson into making a fine save the commentator said it was Kalinic who gave the ball away and not MGP.

Thought id give my two pence worth on a few points from this weekend!

Motd2 was cringeworthy... How can Lawro sit on a programme on national tv looking like that, not very professional. Lee Dixon i used to rate his comments but its true what they say, you lose your knowledge when your away from the game... Describing Hoilett as Fabregas esque was an insult to Hoilett imo it showed a lack of research about the player.

As for the blackpool and blackburn mix up well the names sound the same to southern fairies...easy mistake!

The commentry was behind, he was talking about an incident about rovers scoring while wba were down the other end! The timing of his commentry was poor, he wasn't clear and it felt like ahh its two small teams give them some crappy reporter etc.

Analysis on our player, must have been because they didnt watch the match or didnt want to discuss two small teams.!

Female linesman well the females have there own game which they can officaite... but thats not the point. I felt the lass in question did a cracking job and thoroughly has the support of players and key people in the game... Keys and Gray are old school and its about time for a change however isnt Andy Gray suing the NOTW over phone tapping? Murdoch owns Sky Sports so perhaps this was some kind of reminder of who's boss!

Ian Holloway as much as he was a breath of fresh air! hes getting on my nerves and is starting to become a bore with his moaning out bursts! Hope the team stay up and maybe this is his way of defleting the spotlight off his team, but his rants are becoming tedious now. Anyone else agree?

• Backroom

Ian Holloway as much as he was a breath of fresh air! hes getting on my nerves and is starting to become a bore with his moaning out bursts! Hope the team stay up and maybe this is his way of defleting the spotlight off his team, but his rants are becoming tedious now. Anyone else agree?

Completely, though I've always found him annoying. He kind of reminds me of Robbie Savage - I agree with quite a lot of what he says, but he sounds like an idiot when he expresses it. Think Holloway is milking his reputation now and could do with scaling back a bit.

Guest linganzi

Completely, though I've always found him annoying. He kind of reminds me of Robbie Savage - I agree with quite a lot of what he says, but he sounds like an idiot when he expresses it. Think Holloway is milking his reputation now and could do with scaling back a bit.

Spot on. Trying to build a persona of soundbites. Simply fails to express himself, and aware his moment in the sun is fading

• 2 weeks later...

Why is the online stream of MOTD so bad for a big company? I can watch streams of plenty of things that are way better, even streams done privately can manage to do it HD, BBC's effort is blocky as hell, not to mention they are always about 5 minutes late every week.

Why is the online stream of MOTD so bad for a big company? I can watch streams of plenty of things that are way better, even streams done privately can manage to do it HD, BBC's effort is blocky as hell, not to mention they are always about 5 minutes late every week.

MOTD doesn't use HD. They can't afford the cameras for every game so they just don't bother with any.

Archived