BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOTD doesn't use HD. They can't afford the cameras for every game so they just don't bother with any.

Lot of new technology going into BBC at Salford I suspect. Therefore what's the point in updating now if it's all change by November or so this year.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Only a minor moan (but I never pass up a chance of one)but Olsson's block wasn't shown on MOTD, you can guarantee that if it was Terry then there would have been 5 or 6 replays.

Only a minor moan (but I never pass up a chance of one)but Olsson's block wasn't shown on MOTD, you can guarantee that if it was Terry then there would have been 5 or 6 replays.

Shocking.

The commentators here were foaming at the mouth over it.

Gobsmacked. But then maybe I shouldn't be.

MOTD = Fail

I remember MOTD had a lot to say when Drogba was caught swearing on-camera.

Double-standards, eh.

Did they? Wasn't that Champions League that the BBC don't have, and after the end of the Premier League season so there wouldn't have been a MotD ?

Did they? Wasn't that Champions League that the BBC don't have, and after the end of the Premier League season so there wouldn't have been a MotD ?

They still discussed it on MOTD, and the season wasn't over.

Shearer sticking up for Rooney's pathetic tirade at the cameras.

Oh surprise.

Robbie Savage on 606 was very damning in his criticism of Rooney. It was apparently the first thing his little lad commented on when Robbie rang him up after the match. Odd how Savage, the supposed bad guy, can see what's wrong with it and condemn it while Shearer, the supposed nice guy, thinks it's not worth bothering about.

From what I had read here, the game was not as one-sided as the BBC showed was it? It looked like Arsenal were tonking us for the whole game, and crap finishing and selfish play denied them a 4-0 win. At least that was the impression of the MoTD highlights.

From what I had read here, the game was not as one-sided as the BBC showed was it? It looked like Arsenal were tonking us for the whole game, and crap finishing and selfish play denied them a 4-0 win. At least that was the impression of the MoTD highlights.

Shearer made out that Arsenal had created loads of chances and that really, they should have buried us. In truth, Arsenal did create two or three excellent chances, but they only made Robinson work on a couple of occassions. Rovers were well worth their point and with a bit of luck could have got the win themselves. They cast the game as Arsenal miss great opportunity to close gap on Man Utd through bad finishing, when the real story was that a relegation threatened Rovers defended exceptionally well and gave Arsenal as good as they got.

Shearer made out that Arsenal had created loads of chances and that really, they should have buried us. In truth, Arsenal did create two or three excellent chances, but they only made Robinson work on a couple of occassions. Rovers were well worth their point and with a bit of luck could have got the win themselves. They cast the game as Arsenal miss great opportunity to close gap on Man Utd through bad finishing, when the real story was that a relegation threatened Rovers defended exceptionally well and gave Arsenal as good as they got.

I didn't watch the match live and only saw MOTD. If I hadn't known from my husband how well we played, I would have come away thinking "How did we get away with that?" whereas, watching the actual match later I'm wondering how we didn't get a goal and beat them, after Nzonzi's header and Olson's shot that Almunia fumbled. MOTD have their agenda and we simply don't matter. What about all those Rovers fans who can't record ESPN and therefore only see MOTD? They are as entitled as Arsenal fans to see a fair representation of the match as it happened and not as it is through biased commentary and definitely biased highlights.

BBC's coverage is abysmal.

They have forgotten that they are supposed to be impartial and just pander to the glamour clubs legions of plastic followers.

They are not chasing ratings to attract advertising business or trying to sign up subscribers, so it is shocking to witness the bias.

Goals on Sunday all the way for me.

I didn't watch the match live and only saw MOTD. If I hadn't known from my husband how well we played, I would have come away thinking "How did we get away with that?" whereas, watching the actual match later I'm wondering how we didn't get a goal and beat them, after Nzonzi's header and Olson's shot that Almunia fumbled. MOTD have their agenda and we simply don't matter. What about all those Rovers fans who can't record ESPN and therefore only see MOTD? They are as entitled as Arsenal fans to see a fair representation of the match as it happened and not as it is through biased commentary and definitely biased highlights.

Time was when you could probably say that...

• Moderation Lead

Even when Shearer said how well we played, Lineker begrudgingly agrees then moves on. Tosser.

Not as bad as the Liverpool game, when they only talked about the failings of the scousers.

The bias towards the bigger clubs is scary.

Even when Shearer said how well we played, Lineker begrudgingly agrees then moves on. Tosser.

Not as bad as the Liverpool game, when they only talked about the failings of the scousers.

The bias towards the bigger clubs is scary.

I think they do much better covering lower league stuff where they don't have to pander to the big clubs in the same way. Clubs like Leeds perhaps get a bit more coverage than might seem fair but mostly they are far more even handed in their treatment of clubs.

I particularly liked the section on MOTD where they showed Arsenals 'Missed Chances', which included a number of times someone crossed the ball without a Arsenal player being in the box. I mean under hoofball rules we must have created about 60 'chances' a game. It was finished by Shearer saying, "and there were several more after that too" - just after showing a clip of Van Persie missing a header in the 2nd minute of injury-time.

How they didnt show Olssons block during the action was baffling too.

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed that the BBC basically make up their stats on their website. I remember us losing at Villa and they said we'd only had one shot on target - despite scoring and having a penalty saved.

There is a great example of them making their stats up here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12869411.stm

Crewe scored 8 (no own goals) and had 7 shots on target apparently.

Archived