BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Jesus wept Savage, 'well it's no liverpool everton' behave yourself!

Don’t blame Robbie! You have to be anti-Rovers if you want a job on the BBC. Who wants to see a 5 goal thriller in a big derby match when Man City are playing anyway? In fairness to Rob, he did say the best team won!

I thought Robbie looked very uncomfortable last night on MOTD2. It was like he'd been coached beforehand - i.e. 'don't be too controversial - make sure you're overly objective and don't whatever you do have an opinion about anything'. Pretty standard for them.

Why be surprised? We're never worth anything other then a 2min slot at midnight on there. Lets just be thankful we played on a Sun or that's where we would've been on Sat as usual.

Not that I'm bitter or anything

I thought Robbie looked very uncomfortable last night on MOTD2. It was like he'd been coached beforehand - i.e. 'don't be too controversial - make sure you're overly objective and don't whatever you do have an opinion about anything'. Pretty standard for them.

Why be surprised? We're never worth anything other then a 2min slot at midnight on there. Lets just be thankful we played on a Sun or that's where we would've been on Sat as usual.

Not that I'm bitter or anything

It actually went against all the guidance they are given about games with good first halves being higher up the running order. I can't think of a single mitigating circumstance that would put the City Wigan game above ours except for not wnating to insult City's money men and that should not even be a consideration. The bbc though are so afraid nowadays of upsetting anyone. When my daughter did the post match interviews for Radio lancs after the Leeds friendly she was criticised for some of the questions she asked as they were "too pushy". Don't know if anyone heard them but I couldn't see what was pushy about them at all.

Lawro's prediction this week...

Chelsea v Blackburn (1730 BST)

You have to back Chelsea. It's a bit strange them leaving out Ricardo Carvalho for the Champions League but their defence has been found wanting in recent games. They've been all over the place at set-pieces. But this can be easily rectified.

Blackburn had a good win against Burnley at the weekend but on the road their record is not great. They play direct football but I don't rate their chances this week.

Verdict: 3-0

He doesn't rate our chances any week!

Soon after Adrian's marriage broke down with Radio 4 presenter Jane Garvey, it was reported that TV presenter Christine Bleakley split from her boyfriend, who blamed the break-up on Chiles, citing him as the 'third person' in their relationship.

One wonders whether Adrian has been playing away from home or whether his "unreasonable behaviour" is due to other matters?

Let ye who is without sin cast the first stone.

Well you might condemn him for that Chris but I'm not sure I would even though beauty is only supposed to be skin deep. ;)

Lawro's prediction this week...

He doesn't rate our chances any week!

Villa who beat Chelsea play direct football and their goals were both from set pieces. I think Chelsea are more likely to win but if they have a shocker dealing with the long ball or defend like schoolboys like they did against Villa then I feel we may score a goal or two.

• Backroom

And we are.

Sam says the players "threw the gameplan out of the window" after the 2nd goal. So the gameplan was clearly never to get back into the game, only to limit how many we concede. Hmm.

Here's a new--but I'm actually going to defend Robinson. BBC are writing about what he could have saved or what he should have saved...when the man was pretty much on his own in front of a firing squad today. He saved 2-3 that could have been certain goals otherwise and had to work more than anyone else. You can stick Buffon there and he also would have been torn apart. In fact, same thing happened to Friedel often in his stay at Rovers. It's impossible to save everything.

And we are.

Sam says the players "threw the gameplan out of the window" after the 2nd goal. So the gameplan was clearly never to get back into the game, only to limit how many we concede. Hmm.

His comments after the last two games are going to put himself under enormous pressure.

Here's a new--but I'm actually going to defend Robinson. BBC are writing about what he could have saved or what he should have saved...when the man was pretty much on his own in front of a firing squad today. He saved 2-3 that could have been certain goals otherwise and had to work more than anyone else. You can stick Buffon there and he also would have been torn apart. In fact, same thing happened to Friedel often in his stay at Rovers. It's impossible to save everything.

Spot on Mr E.

ESPN were having a few digs at Robbo and so too did the BBC. He made at least 3 or 4 top saves... like you say he cant stop everything...especially when the 1st came unexpectedly off his own player!

Best thing about Ince's time in charge was his signing of Robbo

I got sick of hearing the Preston hairdresser and the other pundits on Radio 5 creaming their pants over Chelsea, and more or less declaring the game to be over as soon as the 1st goal went in. It happened to be true, but the sniviling fawning attitude towards the big 4 and Man City is sickening.

• 4 weeks later...

I got sick of hearing the Preston hairdresser and the other pundits on Radio 5 creaming their pants over Chelsea, and more or less declaring the game to be over as soon as the 1st goal went in. It happened to be true, but the sniviling fawning attitude towards the big 4 and Man City is sickening.

Indeed that tawt Motty was creaming himself last night! <_< I'm not even sure that he knew the names of all the Wolves team but every mention of a Wolves player was in a low matter of fact tone whilst he crowed and screeched any Chelsea player who got any sort of a touch around the pen area. I swear I'm going to switch the sound off when that pratt is commentating. He is held in such public esteem as some amiable buffoon 'good old motty' but in reallity is dreadfull in his big team bias. His commentary manner is just a bloody slight on the supporters of all but the biggest clubs.

If he's crossing the road in front of anybody can they please do the decent thing?

Jonathen Pierce is a huge aggravation with his stupid screeching (how did he ever get the job as a commentator baffles me.... and I bet it baffles lots of older TV types too) but Motson is just in a different league.

Indeed that tawt Motty was creaming himself last night! <_< I'm not even sure that he knew the names of all the Wolves team but every mention of a Wolves player was in a low matter of fact tone whilst he crowed and screeched any Chelsea player who got any sort of a touch around the pen area. I swear I'm going to switch the sound off when that pratt is commentating. He is held in such public esteem as some amiable buffoon 'good old motty' but in reallity is dreadfull in his big team bias. His commentary manner is just a bloody slight on the supporters of all but the biggest clubs.

If he's crossing the road in front of anybody can they please do the decent thing?

Jonathen Pierce is a huge aggravation with his stupid screeching (how did he ever get the job as a commentator baffles me.... and I bet it baffles lots of older TV types too) but Motson is just in a different league.

Pierce was fawning over United yesterday. His comments about Fletchers (which took a big deflection off a defender) were over the top to say the least and he sounded like he was creaming over Giggs at times. Massively biased.

I lost all respect for Motson when he said in his autobiography about the Prem 95/96 season that it was much better seeing a team win the premiership then a tean loose it like the year before. Pillock.

Indeed that tawt Motty was creaming himself last night!

Just goes to show that when us ordinary folk call him a wan#er, we're right! :lol:

I also thought that the toss#er, creamer, wan#er (perm any one from three) had retired a year or so back.

Having said all that, I'm not sure Motty (oh, so very BBC) would know what to do. Perhaps he enlisted the help of the gay, Preston hairdresser?

Archived