BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

Indeed that tawt Motty was creaming himself last night! <_< I'm not even sure that he knew the names of all the Wolves team but every mention of a Wolves player was in a low matter of fact tone whilst he crowed and screeched any Chelsea player who got any sort of a touch around the pen area. I swear I'm going to switch the sound off when that pratt is commentating. He is held in such public esteem as some amiable buffoon 'good old motty' but in reallity is dreadfull in his big team bias. His commentary manner is just a bloody slight on the supporters of all but the biggest clubs.

If he's crossing the road in front of anybody can they please do the decent thing?

Jonathen Pierce is a huge aggravation with his stupid screeching (how did he ever get the job as a commentator baffles me.... and I bet it baffles lots of older TV types too) but Motson is just in a different league.

I've got to agree with you, Motty is a total pillick. I used to like him, but I started to go off him at Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006, when his biased commentating and analysis of all things English started to really get to me. Since then, I found this characteristic to have transformed across to games involving the big four, when he only seems to mention the opposition players to compare them to their opposite numbers and basically how useless they are in comparison. He's positively joyous whenever the big teams score and is in total shock when the opposition does the same. Jonathan Pierce is a moron and don't get me started on Clive Tyldesley on ITV!

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I know there was not a lot of time between the game ending and the highlights show starting last night, but the coverage was terrible!

The continuity, esp the audio was dire, and a lot of important stuff missed out-McCarthys offside goal in the last minute for EG.

Then, Mark Lawrenson turns up looking like Heroin Chic is still en vogue, and between them they all sounded half ###### and semi incoherent. Lawrenson in particular should get a written warning for the state he turned up in, if he turned up for work for me like that he'd know about it.

You can bet Sky would have done better.

I know there was not a lot of time between the game ending and the highlights show starting last night, but the coverage was terrible!

The continuity, esp the audio was dire, and a lot of important stuff missed out-McCarthys offside goal in the last minute for EG.

Then, Mark Lawrenson turns up looking like Heroin Chic is still en vogue, and between them they all sounded half ###### and semi incoherent. Lawrenson in particular should get a written warning for the state he turned up in, if he turned up for work for me like that he'd know about it.

You can bet Sky would have done better.

It was blatantly obvious that they intended to show City and had prepared that as their main match. My daughter, a broadcast journalist, could not believe, however, the quality of their coverage of our game. As she pointed out, they could have been cutting the show from our first goal onwards. When Claridge tried to make the point about the weight of passes, they cut off the one for that hugely wide shot before the shot had gone over the line. I think it's coverage the BBC should have to apologise for. The pundits were awful. To put together Manish with Claridge and Lawrensen meant there was not one spark of personality among the 3 of them. And for Lawrenson to turn up looking like he'd just rolled out of bed and not even bothered to think whether he might need a shave or a tidy up was nothing short of disgraceful. I'm not against casual dress - I am against careless sloppy appearance when he's getting paid loads to entertain and inform me.

Lawro on 5live yesterday teatime...TORRES IS DEFINITLY BACK AND LIVERPOOL WIN EASY!

Two mins earlier they said he was out.Had to laugh the mrs said hes too scruffy for telly . i said who she poited to the chicken licker.i howled laughing.

• Backroom

They should let Harry Hill present MOTD. That'll shake it up!

Hmmm now I like Rovers winning but I also like Burnley getting beat. But which is better?

There's only one way to find out

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

(only problem is Harry isn't a football fan)

• 1 month later...

Written off before we'd kicked a ball. And not one, not one, mention of how they'd layed into Kalinic at the start of the season. Convenient.

And another thing. Alan Hansen. What a absolute tw@t. We all know why. Hansen, you're an arrogant, bombastic and tactically inept w@nker.

That is all.

Written off before we'd kicked a ball. And not one, not one, mention of how they'd layed into Kalinic at the start of the season. Convenient.

And another thing. Alan Hansen. What a absolute tw@t. We all know why. Hansen, you're an arrogant, bombastic and tactically inept w@nker.

That is all.

Yup, it was flagrantly obvious how far they had their heads up Villa's ass. Like I said, it's just because Martin O'Neill was their couch buddy and he's signed a lot of English talent.

Although, I do think Mark Bright is one of their brighter pundits. He should feature more often.

Really? I think most of us harbour a grudge over something that doesn't exist, they were quite positive about Rovers last night I thought.

In the build-up to the game, they didn't give us a hope in hell. It was all 'Villa this, O'Neill that.' :blush: They couldn't help but praise us when we turned the tie around - before Samba and the ref conspired to throw the game away.

Guest andrewpickup

They hold oneil in the same high esteem as some very top managers but in reality he has done very little. So why?

The interview love in at the end was sickening.

Refeshing to she shearer genuinely deflated

Refeshing to she shearer genuinely deflated

Just goes to show that )despite his 'would give up his medal to win something with the geordies' comment) that he still has some feeling for the club. he looked proper gutted from where I was sat. While it isn't exactly 'loyalty' at least he does still have some respect for us (and hell, supports us to an extent!)

Archived