BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

Guest andrewpickup

Maybe it was the jusxtoposition of him being sat next to alan golf club hansen who decudes what he is going to say at the start of the season and that hapless div southgate

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it was the jusxtoposition of him being sat next to alan golf club hansen who decudes what he is going to say at the start of the season and that hapless div southgate

Don't knock the beeb. They are currently paying my daughter and therefore she's not borrowing money from me any more. Knock their biased pundits by all means but not the corporation.

Don't knock the beeb. They are currently paying my daughter and therefore she's not borrowing money from me any more. Knock their biased pundits by all means but not the corporation.

They're paying one of my mates as well (footie journo) so they'll not get knocked by me... Pundits yes, the Beeb no.

They wrote us off before hand, as had virtually everybody else outside of Blackburn. You cant really blame them for that. At half time and full time both Southgate and Shearer in particular stood up for us. If you want to look for the bias then obviously when pundits give their opinions, you'll find it. The fact that they said Villa were the strong favourites when they obviously were, isnt shocking in my view.

They wrote us off before hand, as had virtually everybody else outside of Blackburn. You cant really blame them for that. At half time and full time both Southgate and Shearer in particular stood up for us. If you want to look for the bias then obviously when pundits give their opinions, you'll find it. The fact that they said Villa were the strong favourites when they obviously were, isnt shocking in my view.

I agree. Having watched the tape this afternoon they seemed to be giving us little chance before the kick-off (although perhaps a bit more chance than many on here) but were pretty fair at half and full time. It was heartwarming to hear Hansen say that Villa were very very lucky to be level at half time.

• 1 month later...

At least our good friend Lawro wasn't on tonight. I can stomach Hansen to an extent, but not Lawro. Bilic was great - took the limelight away from the usual drab comments and made real comments.

God I thought it was just me :D I love to see a total random in the box, not only do they bring a total refeshing view on footbal in UK but they also tell it like it is and really dont care if they say the wrong thing.

Like a cross between Jerry Springer and MOTd, in all seriousness its nice to hear how a REAL neutral views football here, I hope that he is somewhat involved in the world cup with the bbc (wouldnt surprise me as the croats are out)

Reminds somewhat of Ian Wright but with less morals, world cup this year could be fun :D

Bilic was great - took the limelight away from the usual drab comments and made real comments.

seriously? i felt embarrased to watch him

how was the rovers game last on tonight? city vs liverpool 2nd game, what a joke. fivelive described it as one of the worst games of the season yet its still on 2nd

how was the rovers game last on tonight? city vs liverpool 2nd game, what a joke. fivelive described it as one of the worst games of the season yet its still on 2nd

Why were you embarrased to watch him ? He was really refreshing to listen to, in comparing that he doesnt have a massive grasp on the english language yet nor the huge ammount of sarcastic wit that springs from MOTD I thought he did really well.

Gary Lineker, Alan Hansen, Gordon Strachan, Slavan Bilic and Ian Wright as pitchside reporter with Mark Lawro as tea lady for World Cup, now that would be worth the license alone.

Why were you embarrased to watch him ? He was really refreshing to listen to, in comparing that he doesnt have a massive grasp on the english language yet nor the huge ammount of sarcastic wit that springs from MOTD I thought he did really well.

Gary Lineker, Alan Hansen, Gordon Strachan, Slavan Bilic and Ian Wright as pitchside reporter with Mark Lawro as tea lady for World Cup, now that would be worth the license alone.

I fully agree that some of his views were refreshing, but I am just of the opinion that his English wasn't good enough to co host a BBC programme. I know he is not english ...... but I feel the BBC should not put him in that situation yet. Altho I did love how uncomfortable he made hansen look!

So, could anybody justify how city Liverpool was 2nd game but rovers last?

I fully agree that some of his views were refreshing, but I am just of the opinion that his English wasn't good enough to co host a BBC programme. I

Bilic's English was excellent, and he spoke with far more sense, insight and authority than Hansen or Chiles.

City v Liverpool was shown before Rovers because it's a top of the table game. Look in tomorrow's papers and the most important matches will again have the most coverage.

Bilic's English was excellent, and he spoke with far more sense, insight and authority than Hansen or Chiles.

City v Liverpool was shown before Rovers because it's a top of the table game. Look in tomorrow's papers and the most important matches will again have the most coverage.

You can't diss chiles and his bum fluff beard he is a legend!

I don't agree about bilic's englsh, I thought it wasn't up to scratch for BBC programme

City Liverpool was awful, doesn't matter who they are it should be on last, just proves that the BBC are not impartial

Thought Billic was brilliant he was honest and straight to the point in a lot of his views. Like how he flagged up Liverpool's negative play which is very rarely highlighted on MOTD. He also talked up Niko quite a bit and said in a couple of seasons he'll be "one of the best players in the Premiership" its always nice to hear a Rovers player getting recognition when they are playing well.

Hansen really didnt want to admit were almost safe. Notice how he didnt really get involved in the Kalinic conversation after slagging him off earlier in the season :wstu:

What did he say earlier in the season? "You can't win anything with Kalinic" perhaps? :D

And as for Bilic and his English, what about Hansen? Not only does he talk poo he can't exactly be easy for ESL speakers to understand.

He did talk about courage and having ago. His English may not have been 'excellent' but he did at least have ago. He must know his own limitations in speaking English, but he still had the courage to go on National TV and try.

The Garth Crooks Team of the Week continues to raise questions over the ability of the various has beens they have at the BBC to see beyond any club that can't pack 30,000 fans plus in their ground every week.

No Givet in the team, despite a goal, assist and clean sheet, and Kalinic not even selected as a "could have been", although Hoilett is in there???

Also if Keith Andrews played for any other side outside of the Rovers/Bolton/Burnley/Wigan undesirables and made the positional switch he did with so much success during the game,we would have heard a lot more about it. Does Garth "Another job for the boys" Crooks even select him in the pool of players? Of course not...

Big Club Broadcasting Corporation's (Non-Rovers) Team of the Week

It really is time that the BBC sorted out these dusty old clowns like Crooks, Lawrenson and Hansen as they have been on the show for years and are all past it. Given that this is the licence payers funded BBC and not a privately owned channel, surely an investigation should be made into this "Old Boys" Club? MOTD clearly don't go for the best pundits available, they just keep their old pals in a pension, and it isn't as if there aren't plenty of younger, and more articulate ex-pros on the scene who would shake things up a bit...

Savage, Sherwood and Le Saux are three ex-Rovers who spring to mind who all hold their own in the role, and that is just from one club, and if a dour, Championship winning, Scottish hard nut centre half is needed then why not Big Col? Hansen has been boring us on MOTD for 18 years now FFS, he has never even kicked a Premiership football and couldn't cope with todays game. No other business in the land would employ a "consultant" with such credentials...

MOTD and BBC football, National Institution to National Joke.

I think MoTD has really gone so far up it's own backside that the people who run it can't see for the @#/? around them. Sky Sports News is not my favourite by any stretch of the imagination because it's like watching someone with a 30 second memory, constant repeats and usually talking @#/?. But they have one thing spot on for me and that is S0ccer Saturday. It's highly entertaining and very amusing with Jeff Stelling and the bunch of panelists usually talking sense (apart from Thommo who is just a big nosed git). MoTD has pandered to Hansen and Lawrenson for so long that it's no longer embarrassing but has got to the stage of being painful.

If I record MoTD, I skip all the useless chat and just cut to the good bits, the actual games. I think I can usually judge what has happened from watching that... Bilic was good last night and he made Hansen feel quite uncomfortable because he spoke sense and didn't kiss any big teams ass. There was still a bit of kissing Bilic's ass by both Chiles (who I honestly don't mind so much) and Hansen but Bilic didn't seemed amused or affected by it in the least. As for punditry and use of screens to illustrate why a team has been done by another, Sky have that one in the bag too. Some people hate Andy Gray, I don't at all. I think he usually talks sense, sometimes he gets it wrong but I'm quite prepared to watch because he isn't so big team biased. His use of tools to explain how poorly Burnley defended on the Last Word yesterday was excellent.

The BBC need to look at how they do MoTD and change it because it's bloody awful most of the time.

Thats about the 3rd / 4th time that I've personally heard that about a Lpool match from the commentators. The reverse fixture at Anfield, AV v Lpool and Stoke v Lpool being the others. Despite all the wasted money and media hype they must really be shyte to watch. Scandalous that it is so under reported and in complete contrast of serious over hype that Gerrard benefits from too. Rather than a shining beacon of talent he's like a 40Watt bulb. He's a taj better than Prem average but has a reputation based on scoring spectacular goals. Good in itself but a dominant midfield influence who can cut it at top international level he is definitely not.

Lpool are dreadful yet we get labelled 'ugly' this morning by the enemy within. High time somebody of real and impartial influence blew the whistle and spoke the truth on the Lpool myth.

Hear, hear. MOTD has become stale and needs some real shaking up. You can tell that the usual suspects are purely going through the motions now. It's patently humdrum, wheeling Lawro & Hansen out to dissect the same old defensive mistakes that we've already seen. Mixing it up with Alan Shearer and Lee Dixon doesn't bring anything new to the table. Their two sharpest pundits in recent years have been Gavin Peacock and Mark Bright. I would also look to replace Lineker with someone younger and dynamic. He's lost what charm he ever had (too many late nights with his lingerie model?) I understand there will always be big club bias, but the likes of yesterday where Man.City/Liverpool's snore draw got second billing just shows how elitist their coverage really is. I used to enjoy tuning into MOTD once, but now I can take it or leave it.

Hear, hear. MOTD has become stale and needs some real shaking up. You can tell that the usual suspects are purely going through the motions now. It's patently humdrum, wheeling Lawro & Hansen out to dissect the same old defensive mistakes that we've already seen. Mixing it up with Alan Shearer and Lee Dixon doesn't bring anything new to the table. Their two sharpest pundits in recent years have been Gavin Peacock and Mark Bright. I would also look to replace Lineker with someone younger and dynamic. He's lost what charm he ever had (too many late nights with his lingerie model?) I understand there will always be big club bias, but the likes of yesterday where Man.City/Liverpool's snore draw got second billing just shows how elitist their coverage really is. I used to enjoy tuning into MOTD once, but now I can take it or leave it.

I think the BBC don't think they can compete with Sky over premiership coverage and are concentrating their efforts much more on the lower leagues. They have the football league highlights immediately following MOTD and Lat kick off on Monday nights, going behind the scenes in your own region's championship league one and league 2 clubs. this latter show, which only started in January is proving to be a real hit and they are very pleased with it. Doesn't make MOTD any more acceptable, however. I waited up to watch our game last night and found the highlights were the last and didn't even include Pedersen's throw-in that went straght in, surely an item of interest for its rarity.

I waited up to watch our game last night and found the highlights were the last and didn't even include Pedersen's throw-in that went straght in, surely an item of interest for its rarity.

What had me laughing was during the game they made the score 1-0 when it went in? I can only assume it was an ESPN broadcast.

• Backroom

I got really hacked off with BBC News this morning.. showed goals from all other prem games... WE DIDN'T EVEN GET A MENTION not even an 'oh and Blackburn etc etc' - it was as though we had no match at all yesterday!!

Before I get ripped to shreds, I'm talking about the main BBC News... NOT the regional

Archived