BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

• Backroom

Bilic was good last night and he made Hansen feel quite uncomfortable because he spoke sense and didn't kiss any big teams ass. There was still a bit of kissing Bilic's ass by both Chiles (who I honestly don't mind so much) and Hansen but Bilic didn't seemed amused or affected by it in the least.

At one point they showed that ridiculous minute long music video of Bilic's career... when the camera cut back to Bilic he really did not look impressed at all. I thought his comments were a refreshing change. Although I missed the combined charisma of Dixon and Keown this week... hopefully they'll be back soon.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although I missed the combined charisma of Dixon and Keown this week... hopefully they'll be back soon.

I've gone off them ever since they ribbed us for giving away cheap tickets. They don't offer much either, and there's only so many times you can hear about what Arsene Wenger is like in the dressing room...

Mixing it up with Alan Shearer and Lee Dixon doesn't bring anything new to the table. Their two sharpest pundits in recent years have been Gavin Peacock and Mark Bright.

i quite like lee dixon altho his pro arsenal bias is quite frustrating

gavin peacock was the best - what happened to him, did he become a monk or something?

garth crooks is the worst, what is he on about, i cant believe the bbc stuck with him for another year, even the other presenters know he has lost the plot, he justs sits there and argues with them live on tv

I thought Bilic was dreadful. His English was not up to scratch and it took him about 5 minutes to get to the point. He was prattling on about how proud he was to manage his country and that's why he has rejected other clubs advances for an inordinate amount of time. Time that could have been better spent showing extended highlights of our game! Does anyone really give a toss about how all the Croatians are doing in the games?

They should get rid of the pundits and just show highlights of the games one after the other.

i quite like lee dixon altho his pro arsenal bias is quite frustrating

gavin peacock was the best - what happened to him, did he become a monk or something?

garth crooks is the worst, what is he on about, i cant believe the bbc stuck with him for another year, even the other presenters know he has lost the plot, he justs sits there and argues with them live on tv

I hate Garth Crookes. Literally, in every way possible. He is the most arrogant, smug, condescending person on tv. He assumes that his opinion carries more weight then everybody else and is undoutedly the worst pundit to ever grace any football programme. I refuse to watch any broadcast with him involved. Disgusting man.

Martin O'Neill was always the best BBC pundit along with Strachan. Hopefully they'll be reunited at the WC.

I got really hacked off with BBC News this morning.. showed goals from all other prem games... WE DIDN'T EVEN GET A MENTION not even an 'oh and Blackburn etc etc' - it was as though we had no match at all yesterday!!

Before I get ripped to shreds, I'm talking about the main BBC News... NOT the regional

I noticed that too. Same as they go on about Villa thrashing Burnley - difference between the teams 3 goals and we just beat Bolton - difference between the teams 3 goals.

Martin O'Neill was always the best BBC pundit along with Strachan. Hopefully they'll be reunited at the WC.

Can't stand listening to him personally - he's somehow creepy.

Bilic didn't say anything we didn't already know and took twice as long to say it.

I think everyone has gone overboard on how his punditry went.

Motd may need some fresh blood but he is not the one (and of course won't be since he's rarely in this country).

Also calls to replace Hansen are stupid.

I thought Bilic was dreadful. His English was not up to scratch and it took him about 5 minutes to get to the point. He was prattling on about how proud he was to manage his country and that's why he has rejected other clubs advances for an inordinate amount of time. Time that could have been better spent showing extended highlights of our game! Does anyone really give a toss about how all the Croatians are doing in the games?

They should get rid of the pundits and just show highlights of the games one after the other.

His English was perfectly fine - not perfect but then it's a damn sight better than my Serbo-Croat. I thought he gave a very fresh perspective on the English game. I would have a problem if he appeared regularly and talked about his players all the time but as a one-off it was excellent. For god's sake when was the last time someone on Match of the Day suggested we had one of the stars of the Premier League on our books.

His English was perfectly fine - not perfect but then it's a damn sight better than my Serbo-Croat. I thought he gave a very fresh perspective on the English game. I would have a problem if he appeared regularly and talked about his players all the time but as a one-off it was excellent. For god's sake when was the last time someone on Match of the Day suggested we had one of the stars of the Premier League on our books.

when hansen bigged up bentley every week.

also, i'll excuse you for your poor serbo-croat since you aren't appearing on any serbo-croat programs which require you to talk.

i really don't understand how he had a fresh perspective. can someone help me out?

Also calls to replace Hansen are stupid.

Nothing wrong with Hansen except everything needs a freshen up every now and again and I think it's his turn to be moved on. If I were the producer I'd be looking for a new anchorman for sure. How much would 'Maureen' cost? He'd be good value.

I thought Bilic was dreadful. His English was not up to scratch and it took him about 5 minutes to get to the point.

Whilst I liked what he said about Kalinic, I was surprised that his English was so bad. Thought he would be able to speak a bit quicker and some of his comments were stating the bleedin obvious.

I hate Garth Crookes. Literally, in every way possible. He is the most arrogant, smug, condescending person on tv. He assumes that his opinion carries more weight then everybody else and is undoutedly the worst pundit to ever grace any football programme. I refuse to watch any broadcast with him involved. Disgusting man.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who can't stand Garth Crookes.

As for half decent BBC pundits, I thought Schmichael and Ginola were alright a few years ago but Schmichael is now the Lineker of Denmark and Ginola is probably still washing his hair and not going anywhere!

I just find it a startling coincidence that there actually appears to be TWO Alan Hansens working for the BBC. There is the one who was ridiculing Kalinic for several misses against Sunderland last year, and the other Alan Hansen on Sunday saying it's important that you give young foreign players plenty of time to settle into the premiership.

Am I the only one who has noticed we're stumping up double for these clowns?

I just find it a startling coincidence that there actually appears to be TWO Alan Hansens working for the BBC. There is the one who was ridiculing Kalinic for his opening day misses against Sunderland last year, and the other Alan Hansen on Sunday saying it's important that you give young foreign players plenty of time to settle into the premiership.

Am I the only one who has noticed we're stumping up double for these clowns?

his opening day misses were awful though, there is no denying it.

and humorous from a neutrals perspective.

it isn't like he doesn't slag off others.

he is there to analyse and that is what he did.

I thought it was amusing how Shearer referred to SWP as 'Shaun Wright'. I don't think he understands how double-barrelled names work.

They also need to remove prim and proper Manish Bhasin from the Football League Show. He hasn't watched a game in his life.

Did Alan Hansen just say that Steven Warnock 'lost his way at Blackburn'??

Couldn't believe my ears. Bit part player at Liverpool to the fringes of the England team and MON being prepared to pay £8m for him.

I had both my kids on the phone about that. Agree too about Maniche or whatever his name is. He's balnd to the point of anonimity. Presents the Midlands version (I think) of Late Kick off on Mondays and is apparently very bland on that too.

Did Alan Hansen just say that Steven Warnock 'lost his way at Blackburn'??

Couldn't believe my ears. Bit part player at Liverpool to the fringes of the England team and MON being prepared to pay £8m for him.

What a toss pot Hansen is, if it wasn't for Rovers he still would have been a bit part player at Liverpool. We were the ones that have made him into the player he is today. Did he not win his first cap for England playing for us.

• Backroom

Some decent coverage for us on MOTD2 tonight. Lee Dixon in particular praised us a lot, despite Chiles attempts to turn the conversation back to Liverpool, and although they did mention we were physical they didn't really portray it in a negative way and called Rafa "bizarre" :D

What a toss pot Hansen is, if it wasn't for Rovers he still would have been a bit part player at Liverpool. We were the ones that have made him into the player he is today. Did he not win his first cap for England playing for us.

I doubt Steve would see it that way himself, Hansen is a tool. Warnocks career flourished at Rover's anyone could see that. You couldnt dream up some of the crap Hansen comes out with.

Archived