SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Could not find the FA cup thread but didn't want to start a new one. Just seen that ITV want to delay the cup final Until 17.30 so more fans can watch it.

Is this the reason or do they want more advertising looks like fans coming second again

I Could not find the FA cup thread but didn't want to start a new one. Just seen that ITV want to delay the cup final Until 17.30 so more fans can watch it.

Is this the reason or do they want more advertising looks like fans coming second again

Both would be logical reasons, ITV need advertising to keep live domestic football on terrestial TV. Also more fans would probably be able to watch it at that time as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations.

When do we get to see her step in front of the camera's????

Depends if she does a piece to camera on the interview she's just done with the Scunthorpe chaplain. She filmed it this weekend and it will be edited for one of the future programmes Late Kick off Yorks and Lincs. Next week she's producing a piece at one of the games - can't remember which.

I'm pleased for her, gumboots, but it's frustrating at the same time. Journalism is such a closed shop. It's not what you know it's who you know.

You'd be amazed at the people she does know! Nobody imagines it will be easy but she's got her head screwed on the right way and has back up careers planned if she needs them. Fluent French speaker, good degree from a good Uni in a subject that's highly thought of. She's giving it a go and has the determination and attitude to see it through.

• 3 weeks later...

No intention of being rude, but does your daughter have the questions handed to her before the interview?

It just seemed like the stereotypical interviewer-to-manager slot with the old cliches being droned out by the manager. The same that we have heard time & time & time again. "At the end of the day;" "start of the season;" "take each game as it comes."

As said, I'm not being rude, but how does this football manager interview process go?

Is your daughter allowed to ask "do you have a pet hamster;" or "who is the most rubbish player in your squad;" or "what would you be rather doing right now rather than managing Scunthorpe United?"

Cheers

Colin

Sky's commentary on the Man U match was pretty biased. You got a sense that they wanted them to sweep us aside with some fancy football just so they can hype up the run in.

Still, they're not as bad as Clive Tyldsley. I believe he has a son called That Night In Barcelona Tyldsley.

No intention of being rude, but does your daughter have the questions handed to her before the interview?

It just seemed like the stereotypical interviewer-to-manager slot with the old cliches being droned out by the manager. The same that we have heard time & time & time again. "At the end of the day;" "start of the season;" "take each game as it comes."

As said, I'm not being rude, but how does this football manager interview process go?

Is your daughter allowed to ask "do you have a pet hamster;" or "who is the most rubbish player in your squad;" or "what would you be rather doing right now rather than managing Scunthorpe United?"

Cheers

Colin

C'mon Colin, I'm sure you are asking about the journalistic process but play fair. Can you imagine the reaction to a lady interviewer asking banal questions virtually unrelated to football? Helen Chamberlain only gets away with it because it's for a magazine show.

Let Miss Gumboots get her feet under the table by asking doing exactly what would be expected under normal circumstances before she starts to do a Jeff Shreeves!

Cheers

Colin

The Adkins interview was a spur of the moment thing when he suddenly appeared and was not only not pre-scripted but totally impromptu. Her spot on the scunthorpe chaplain went out on air last Sunday and can be seen till the end of today on iplayer Late kickoff Yorks and Lincs episode 12 and is about 19 minutes into the programme.

That's not what I came on here to talk about though - MOTD reached new depths yesterday evening when their only comment on a 2-3 between us and Everton was "That's the first goal Cahill has scored with his feet in a year!"

I would have liked to have seen the incident just to have a better idea what everyone was on about. Unless it appears in the papers/official site in the next few days then I guess we can just assume that the majority of this board are just overreacting just because it was Andrews.

I'm very suprised that Linekar and the studio guests on MoTD didn't comment on the match at all. 5 goals, 2 of em crackers, end to end stuff and most of all the salient point of the match the Arteta eye poking incident.

I thought it was hilarious. Lineker spouts a piece of trivia about Tim Cahill and THAT'S the analysis? What a joke that show is.

Archived