BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal V Blackburn Rovers

Eddie

I don't think Keith Andrews will ever win over fans at Blackburn. He certainly shouldn't be made the stand out bad guy out of this performance against a superb Arsenal today. If we're all going to slate Keith Andrews then we should also slate Givet, Chimbonda for falling to bits at every opportunity when Arsenal played a through ball. I'm not suggesting that Andrews had a good game, he didn't, but nor did the majority of our players out there but to single him out is just a bit silly in my opinion.

True but he just didn't have clue what to do today, take Bendtner's goal he tells Jacobsen to follow the runner then doesn't get anywhere near close on Bendtner and instead just watches him shoot into the corner

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Van Persie must have thought it was his birthday.

Van Persie has more birthdays than the Queen. His actual birthday and both fixtures against Blackburn. I'm fed up with him scoring against us. He's probably got more goals against us than against any other club in his career.

As predicted the dramatic over reactions start here and now

Over reaction? We should not of conceeded 6 today. It isn't acceptable, just because we put in a decent performance against villa last week doesn't detract from the fact we've been as bad as the first half of last season, because if we ignore that single game, and look at the season so far - we're going down.

I think alot of people are somehow convincing themselves that Allardyce is going to do what he did last season, and turn it around for the second part of the season. Forgetting he's probably applying the same methods now, as he did when he first took over, however it clearly isn't working this time around.

did'nt see the game..working...resigned to 5-0 beforehand however, BUT what on earth was with letting ollsen near the first team against world class players. Just seen his name on the team sheet, i would have been too scared to watch if i was'nt working

We have too many poor players in the team. Diouf, Andrews, Ollson, McCarthy and I'm afraid to say after watching him Di Santo are completely useless and should not feature again until January when they can all be sold. Nzonzi has promise but is not ready yet.It's a huge worry.

It didn't help having to put out a weakened defence but when the ONLY outfield player with any class is substituted then Emerton is taken off what more can you say. Say what you want even Pederson looked class compared to Diouf when he came on. What the manager sees in him I have no idea.

Hopefully there are 3 teams worse than us in the league but I fear for us against Burnley if we pick those players again. I'm off to get the whisky bottle out before I slash my wrists.

I don't think Keith Andrews will ever win over fans at Blackburn. He certainly shouldn't be made the stand out bad guy out of this performance against a superb Arsenal today. If we're all going to slate Keith Andrews then we should also slate Givet, Chimbonda for falling to bits at every opportunity when Arsenal played a through ball. I'm not suggesting that Andrews had a good game, he didn't, but nor did the majority of our players out there but to single him out is just a bit silly in my opinion.

It's not just this game though is it? He is simply not good enough for the Premier League - end of.

Not unexpected and I can't say I am that unhappy with the way we played. Until Dunn came off, and I wouldn't have taken him off and left Andrews on, we were definately in the game and looked very good. The obvious problem was losing Samba, Nelsen and Grella. Chimbonda played ok but is never a CB and created a large gap between himself and Jacobsen which they exploited twice in 6 minutes to take the game away from us. I thought Olsson had an ok game mixed in with a couple of bad errors.

Arsenal are a very good team who have been free scoring all season, especially at home. Yes they scored 6, it wasn't the first time this season and it won't be the last time. Done by the usual suspects against us and all credit to England's number 1 Paul Robinson for keeping it below 10.

Robinson: a world class save from Fabregas and some very good ones

Jacobsen: Couldn't decide whether to stay out right or help Chimbonda, not bad though

Chimbonda: Not a CB

Givet: Tried his best but had to much do looking after Olsson and Chimbonda

Olsson: Mixed game

Emerton: Poor game. Didn't attack or Defend well.

NZonzi: Good goal, didn't really protect the back 4 enough

Dunn: Brilliant. Thank god he is back, fit and playing

Andrews: Why? Brings nothing to the team, waste of oxygen

Diouf: Not a bad game, great pass to Brett for second goal

Di Santo: Gives 100% and looks a good player. Didn't have enough to do today

We aren't supposed to be getting points from games like today but it would have been nice. The next game is where it counts! Bring on the Dingles.

We've too many SOFT LADS earning a fantastic wage, for me, I feel sorry for,

Paul Robinson

Lars Jacobsen

Martin Ollson

David Dunn

Junior Hoilett

Franco Di Santo.

Maybe Emmerton and Givet didnt look completely match fit but the rest far far too easy.

But whats the point of having wide men if they dont do or provide anything for the forwards.

Whats the point of having two central midfielders who cant put their foot in and start our attacks.

We have too many poor players in the team. Diouf, Andrews, Ollson, McCarthy and I'm afraid to say after watching him Di Santo are completely useless and should not feature again until January when they can all be sold. Nzonzi has promise but is not ready yet.It's a huge worry.

It didn't help having to put out a weakened defence but when the ONLY outfield player with any class is substituted then Emerton is taken off what more can you say. Say what you want even Pederson looked class compared to Diouf when he came on. What the manager sees in him I have no idea.

Hopefully there are 3 teams worse than us in the league but I fear for us against Burnley if we pick those players again. I'm off to get the whisky bottle out before I slash my wrists.

:blink:

Di Santo useless?

:glare:

Really????

And Olsson had an ok game, you can't blame him for any of the goals! Di Santo worked his arse off was just given little to go on going forward. McCarthy was barely on the pitch to make comment on him today, but he's still probably our most clinical finisher, if a little lazy. Also Emerton deserved to be taken off.

Are you on drugs?!?! Di Santo (along with Dunny) has been our best player in the last 2 games by a country mile!!

Pedersen looked class?!?! He should never be allowed near the first team again - has been crap since the FA Cup Semi against Chelsea.

Are you blind or have I just fallen for the biggest troll of the season so far??

I think sometimes people need to take a step back and really listen to themselves. If you ignore what we should have and concentrate on what we have then I can not see what else could have been done.

Our two centre backs were out. You take any premierships two centre backs out and they are going to be in a bit of trouble no matter who they are.

Dunny looked tired was was rightfully brought off. Bert isn't match fit either. I would much rather we have these guys fit and ready to go for the next game rather than they break themselves in two making sure that Arsenal didn't get a 5th or 6th.

We were playing an absolutely brilliant footballing side today and the mood they were in most teams would have struggled to stop them.

One thing that does concern me is our super striker still doesn't get a run out. In a game like this where we really probably expected to loose he could have been given some time to get match fit and if he isn't fit why is he on the bench?

It will be nice if we play two up front against the Dingles and go for it but I doubt it.

We have a really tough time comming up and at the end of this a win against Villa and Burnley will be great for us although many wont be pleased.

did'nt see the game..working...resigned to 5-0 beforehand however, BUT what on earth was with letting ollsen near the first team against world class players. Just seen his name on the team sheet, i would have been too scared to watch if i was'nt working

To be fair to Olsson , he did an okey game I think.

Looks like Sam made a couple of big decisions today that arguably back fired on him.

First - he plays Chimbonda at centre back when he could have gone for Jacobsen or the young lad Jones. Fair enough he went for the utility player but he had a bit of a mare and was at fault for the all important 2nd Arsenal goal.

Secondly - he takes Dunn off with half an hour still to play and our tallisman who right now is the heart and soul of our team. That Arsenal defence is nothing special and there was still something to take from the game, but all the substitution did was remove what was left of any hope we had of getting something out of the game (and with that I include a defeat by just 1 or 2 goals).

That's Sam for you though. He is a canny manager because he doesn't allow the short term to overrule his long term view. He wants Dunn fit for as many games as possible and didn't want to put defensive responsibility on a 17 year old centre back. He may be right but it's not easy to take when I've seen past Rovers teams take on the top 4 and get something from the game on so many occasions.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce: "We haven't got what we deserve, but these things happen rather too regularly when you play the big clubs and it's another shout for technology. I'm not saying we would have won the game but we'd have had an opportunity to get level. It should've been a penalty and a red card maybe - that's maybe why the referee didn't give it. After that we capitulated and died."

I can see what he says on the pen but puts too much emphasis on it, at least he does see that we capitulated after it and doesn't feed us some SH*T

Grrrrr!!!! Just back from game. Enjoyed the few precious minutes we were up by a goal to the Arse particularly as I expected a drubbing with Samba and Nelson missing. Now normally I've stood by Sam and his decisions but WHAT IN GODS NAME WAS HE THINKING WITH THE SUBSTITUIONS???!!!!

First, he takes off Emo, the best box to box, defensive AND attacking midfielder on the pitch. THEN he takes off Dunn, ditto previous PLUS the only player who is likely to create anything from midfield, and if you want proof; the second goal was EMERTON with a beaut of a pass to DUNN who scored! Worse you leave on Andrews...WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING SAM? With Samba and Nelson missing we ended up with PEDERSON (incosistent and low morale) and BENNI (incosistent and low morale AND then injured after 5 mins!) as the ONLY players with more than a full season with Rovers under their belt on the pitch! On the field is a 19 and 20 year old (1 of which is a loan), a former French 2nd Div midfielder (who is good but NO EXPERIENCE), KEITH ANDREWS(!!!!), 2 central defenders who ARE NOT CENTRAL DEFENDERS normally and Paul Robinson (who was brilliant and MUST be England's No.1 after that performance). WHY THE HELL DID YOU TAKE OFF TWO OF THE MOST EXPERIENCED AND SKILLED players? Dunn and Emo have about 15 years between them for Rovers FFS!!!

At 3-2 we were actually in with a shout, then off go Emo and Dunn and 30 mins later were 6-2 down. I cannot fathom for the life of me what was going through Sam's head...is that electronic board broken or something?

Other than that we got done by 3 fantastic goals, which most teams would score one of every 5 games, of course Le'Arse get 3 in one game, did very well to get two away to a team that is basically a World Cup team against a small town team but GOD I will not sleep tonight trying to figure out why Dunn and Emo came off. We also had one of the most disgustingly blatant Big 4 loving refs EVER, he was atrocious. In the first half if a Rovers player went within 5 metres of an Arse player it was a foul yet we got battered on every occasion and NOTHING was given. I think the first free kick to us came in the 44th minute and that foul on Dunn WAS a penalty and Van Ponsie should have walked.

Lovely to see Tugay though, made a horrible night a little bit better.

Can't agree Al, he had little service today but worked hard when he had the ball and linked up well at times with Dunny. Don't agree with your assessment of Pedersen either, i thought he was rubbish.

I hope that Pedersen or Andrews never play for us again, sick of tired of seeing such rubbish.

Pedersen play about 25 min I think, and all that time the whole team was rubbish.

Pedersen needs to improve, I agree with that, but you can't really base today's game, since he only played last part of the second half.

That's Sam for you though. He is a canny manager because he doesn't allow the short term to overrule his long term view. He wants Dunn fit for as many games as possible and didn't want to put defensive responsibility on a 17 year old centre back. He may be right but it's not easy to take when I've seen past Rovers teams take on the top 4 and get something from the game on so many occasions.

Brilliant post mate, too have put Jones in today could have ruined him forever confidence wise. I'm sure he'll be more than thrilled just to have been on the bench today. It is hard to take but think he had seen things weren't going our way.

I really don't understand why people are pointing the figure at indivudual players, because that criticism is misguided and useless. People really think that if Andrews didn't play somehow the scoreline would of been any different?!!? Or somehow if we had Grella on instead of Andrews, we would of magically put 4 past arsenal?? It is the TEAM as a WHOLE that clearly isn't working! And that is what needs to be addressed, because it really didn't matter who played today, we would of got battered either way.

Rovers gave it a really good go against an Arsenal side that has scored 4 in each previous PL game at the Emirates and wazzed on Everton 6-1 at Goodison.

Arsenal are simply a sensational footballing outfit and four of the six they scored were utterly sensational. The 2-2 and 3-2 goals would have been sorted by Samba had he been playing but the other goals were just awesome.

Robinson had a brilliant game.

Olsson was better than I have seen him before. fantastic second half volley.

Chimbonda and Givet did pretty well as a completely scratch central defensive pair.

Jacobsen had a torrid afternoon but look what he was up against.

Nzonzi was given a lesson which hopefully he learnt from and great for him to score.

Andrews was as bad as I said he would be.

Emerton a bit anonymous.

Diouf was excellent and his ball that set up Dunn's goal was sensational.

Dunn did give the ball away but wow, what an all action performance for the hour he was on.

Di Santo- this kid is the real deal; he put the Arsenal rearguard under pressure all game.

Hoilett should have been on longer and was very very unfortunate not to have scored when we were 4-2 down.

Overall, deja vu on three years ago. Cracking performance, should have gone to 3-3 (this time a blatant penalty) then lost 6-2. But you cannot go to Arsenal with a scratch back line, Andrews in midfield and Pater Walton as ref; not only the penalty but at least five dodgy challenges on Rovers players right up in the Arsenal danger zone never given. Even David Platt said Rovers had a free kick at one point only for the camera to showe a throw-in being taken. And the commentary was totally biased against us of course.

Archived