philipl Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 Just to be clear I am not ruling Shah out- the last report we had is they are still bidding. Just that on paper, he is outgunned 100/1 by Syed. And of course there maybe others who have said nothing and at the end of the day no bidders might be in a position to meet the Trust's terms.
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
Glenn Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 If I have to remove any more posts because of childish personal insults, people are going to be losing posting rights very quickly. Grow up and behave and don't let an otherwise great thread degenerate into playground name calling.
Sparky Marky Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 1/ Can you name the people involved with Shah? NO 2/ Can you name the people who want to put the money in? NO 3/ If there is nothing at all worth considering with Shah and his group, why have the talks not come to and end yet? We can all dismiss things without knowing the facts. But until those 3 questions above can be answered we know NOTHING. I have no idea if they are right for the club etc, as there is currently NO evidence either for or against them. Because we simply do not know enough YET. We have to wait and see. mate, all I'm saying is that from everything that is in the public domain about the 2 possible takeovers, then in my opinion Syed would be best equipped to take us forward.....I may be wrong... you don't half patronise people, Pafell....its like you don't think that anyone has thought of these things other than you before they post... PAFELL YOU PLONKER!!
Jim Royle Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 I wonder if they've got any inflatable dolls for sale???? Yes, they've named him "Bubbles"
47er Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 If I have to remove any more posts because of childish personal insults, people are going to be losing posting rights very quickly. Grow up and behave and don't let an otherwise great thread degenerate into playground name calling. As far as I can see you've removed one post--mine! The one from Spark Marky that began it stays with childish personal insult intact. Moreover I get a warning and he doesn't! Why is "prick" more acceptable than "t**d"? Sorry, new to this, honestly don't follow.
Glenn Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 I'd removed both comments, you are obviously looking at a cached version. Now keep this thread on topic.
OJRovers Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 Just to be clear I am not ruling Shah out- the last report we had is they are still bidding. Just that on paper, he is outgunned 100/1 by Syed. And of course there maybe others who have said nothing and at the end of the day no bidders might be in a position to meet the Trust's terms. I'm not sure you can justify this one Phillip without knowing more about who is behing the Shah bid. As others have said, there is not enough known about his backers to be so strongly in favour of Syed (or Shah) From the limited amount we know about Syed it just looks like he's set up using his family cash, something anyone could have done. Again, there is not enough known about the input his company have made in their investment compnaies. The only people who will have access to all the information is the Trust and Rothchilds, so we're going to have to let them make the decisions.
Sparky Marky Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 As far as I can see you've removed one post--mine! The one from Spark Marky that began it stays with childish personal insult intact. Moreover I get a warning and he doesn't! Why is "prick" more acceptable than "t**d"? Sorry, new to this, honestly don't follow. Calm Down, Calm Down.....
philipl Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 To be clear again, I am not favouring one over the other but on the little we know, it looks a very uneven competition if Syed's press comments of last week are accepted at face value. From his blurb, Syed is positioned as an ethical Indian version of the EasyJet founder as he has been involved in successful businesses long before setting up the WGA investment fund which is not yet two years old. He does have interests in horses, cricket at Test and IPL levels and the Olympics so is not exactly a sporting virgin whereas Saurin Shah appears to be- it is the uncle who is involved in IPL cricket. From published accounts, Shah is worth about $10m and Syed $1,000m. If he has got no other moneys from other sources, Shah is a complete non-starter. If Shah has got money from other sources, Rothschilds will presumably taking great care over what terms has he got it and how they impact on the Rovers.
RoyRover Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 I've read a fair bit of what has been written on this topic and thought I would throw my two pence in. We were very lucky that we had an owner who was totally loaded and was all a die hard Rovers man in Jack Walker. We all know that the club needs investment and soon. There is going to be some level of uncertainty and fear from fans when a potential owner shows some interest in the club, as well all wonder if their motives will be correct and if they will be in it for the long haul. Unless any potential buyer is like Jack Walker and is a Blackburn nut, then there will be question marks about their involvement. You just have to look at Liverpool, Portsmouth and even United to see how having new owners can go wrong and the fans turn against them. The club and the Premier League can do all the background checks and fit and proper tests they want, fans will still feel some sort of trepidation and this is something that we will have to face if we want to move forward.
PAFELL Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 mate, all I'm saying is that from everything that is in the public domain about the 2 possible takeovers, then in my opinion Syed would be best equipped to take us forward.....I may be wrong... you don't half patronise people, Pafell....its like you don't think that anyone has thought of these things other than you before they post... PAFELL YOU PLONKER!! People who have to resort to throwing insults / abuse on a message board, reveal their own pathetic character. Sadly you often resort to such behaviour. You are entitled to disagree or agree, debate etc, with any post written on here, like all of us. But to write abusive comments you are not.
BPF Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 People who have to resort to throwing insults / abuse on a message board, reveal their own pathetic character. Sadly you often resort to such behaviour. You are entitled to disagree or agree, debate etc, with any post written on here, like all of us. But to write abusive comments you are not. Don't worry PAFELL. SparkyMarky & Chaddy are here to provide comic relief during this difficult period of takeover talk and lack of transfers. One could also argue that their place here is to represent how the future should be looked upon with fear in a George Orwell inspired sense.
BuckyRover Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 I enjoy his irreverent attitude in an ironic way
bubblerrovers Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Lets be honest, we're not going to be sold. It doesn't take this long, look at Liverpool, they will have new owners by Sunday and they have huge debts and god knows how many other things behind the scenes to work on. My guess is that both interested parties failed to show any money.
rebelmswar Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Lets be honest, we're not going to be sold. It doesn't take this long, look at Liverpool, they will have new owners by Sunday and they have huge debts and god knows how many other things behind the scenes to work on. My guess is that both interested parties failed to show any money. I hate to burst your username, but perhaps our people take a lot more time to make sure everything is kosher, Haleem in this case, before announcing progress. Have you not noticed how our board/chairman deals with transfers? Can you imagine what they would be like with something like this, I would imagine it would be more secure than Chaddy’s virginity. I am shocked that they have even recognized that there is a potential buyer. I actually thought that Williams would come out and say that the Indian influence was actually just a new direction on half time refreshments.
Iceman Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 I hate to burst your username, but perhaps our people take a lot more time to make sure everything is kosher, Haleem in this case, before announcing progress. Have you not noticed how our board/chairman deals with transfers? Can you imagine what they would be like with something like this, I would imagine it would be more secure than Chaddy’s virginity. I am shocked that they have even recognized that there is a potential buyer. I actually thought that Williams would come out and say that the Indian influence was actually just a new direction on half time refreshments.
Guest Kamy100 Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Quick update I have talked to Julia Thiem (Mr Ali's Spokeswoman) this morning and she has told me on the record that there is unfortunately no update as to whether the bid to buy the club has been accepted by the Trustees or not (bid is still being evaluated by the Trustees and Rothchilds), she is however expecting that this situation will change very soon. I suspect the Trustees are rightly taking their time over this, possibly because there are a number of interested parties, they want to throughly evaluate each and every proposal before deciding if any of them are right for the club. Hopefully I can say more soon.
Iceman Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Quick update I have talked to Julia Thiem (Mr Ali's Spokeswoman) this morning and she has told me on the record that there is unfortunately no update as to whether the bid to buy the club has been accepted by the Trustees or not (bid is still being evaluated by the Trustees and Rothchilds), she is however expecting that this situation will change very soon. I suspect the Trustees are rightly taking their time over this, possibly because there are a number of interested parties, they want to throughly evaluate each and every proposal before deciding if any of them are right for the club. Hopefully I can say more soon. Thanks Kamy... so this I guess is a wait and see situation? Sounds about right, and if things are sorted out, then I can see money being made available in January if any takeover is completed.
Majiball Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Quick update I have talked to Julia Thiem (Mr Ali's Spokeswoman) this morning and she has told me on the record that there is unfortunately no update as to whether the bid to buy the club has been accepted by the Trustees or not (bid is still being evaluated by the Trustees and Rothchilds), she is however expecting that this situation will change very soon. I suspect the Trustees are rightly taking their time over this, possibly because there are a number of interested parties, they want to throughly evaluate each and every proposal before deciding if any of them are right for the club. Hopefully I can say more soon. No news is good news. At least a bid has been made, lets hope it lives up to expectations and is along the lines mentioned. Thanks Kamy
Gav Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Lets be honest, we're not going to be sold. It doesn't take this long, look at Liverpool, they will have new owners by Sunday and they have huge debts and god knows how many other things behind the scenes to work on. My guess is that both interested parties failed to show any money. The Liverpool take over will not be completed by Sunday, and the most interested party has been looking over the Liverpool accounts for 6 months so far. So says the investment banker on talk sport this am.
RevidgeBlue Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Quick update I have talked to Julia Thiem (Mr Ali's Spokeswoman) this morning and she has told me on the record that there is unfortunately no update as to whether the bid to buy the club has been accepted by the Trustees or not (bid is still being evaluated by the Trustees and Rothchilds), she is however expecting that this situation will change very soon. I suspect the Trustees are rightly taking their time over this, possibly because there are a number of interested parties, they want to throughly evaluate each and every proposal before deciding if any of them are right for the club. Hopefully I can say more soon. That sounds to me as though there are doubts at our end as to the veracity of the bid. I mean any sort of offer now with a guarantee of future investment up to a total of 300m - there's nothing to even consider is there?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.