BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man Utd

• Backroom

Nice enjoyable early spring afternoon apart from the hangover. We didn't create much but the game plan worked a treat today.

- all the defenders were exceptional salgado oozes class and givet is a monster

- kalinic didn't have much to work with but showed a lovely turn of pace a couple of times late on

- highlight of the day is a tie between givet clattering Neville with the header and the shouts of handball leading ultimately to the entire Blackburn end shouting when pedersen picked it up for a throw in

HANDBALL

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result, average performance against possibly the worst United side at Ewood in the Premiership era. First half we played 5 yards off them all the time, and basically gave them time and space to play. Second half we got tighter and at least showed a bit more fight.

Robbo made one great save, defensively we played well (Phil Jones for England!), but severely lacking going forward. We just don't have the players to play Allardyce's favoured formation effectively. Either we need to sign players to fit, or change formation.

Oh, and a special mention for Pedersen, who put in the laziest, commitment-free, nancy-boy performance I've ever seen from a Rovers player. At least Keef puts effort in - I can excuse someone who does that but is not good enough. What I cannot abide is players like MGP, who is good enough - if he can be arsed and isn't taking he p*ss like today. Has he signed for someone else - cos he played like it?

• Backroom

Oh and today I think I saw one of the worst applications of the advantae rule ever. Kalinic got fouled and diouf was our only player i'm their half surrounded by united players and the ref played on

Oh and today I think I saw one of the worst applications of the advantae rule ever. Kalinic got fouled and diouf was our only player i'm their half surrounded by united players and the ref played on

Peter Walton is probably the worst ref in the Prem - clueless.

Peter Walton is probably the worst ref in the Prem - clueless.

Not the worst but very, very close. The offside flag must have been on a United pull string. We get a player in a good position and the offside flag goes up... I want to see them all again!

Anyway, a result that feels like a win. I think Grella is underated too. He made some significant blocks and tackles in the game that stopped crosses and attacks. I want to see him play more and stay fit for once!

• Backroom

Just back from the match and I can't believe how many on here are slating Kalinic !! the lad ran his socks off, held the ball very well AND was the only one looking to run at United whenever he had the ball... geesh, what match were you watching? it certainly wasn't our latest encounter with the red scum!

The weak point for me today was Nzonzi.. rarely passed the ball forwards, looked jaded (knackered)

Salgado was tremendous today (again), and as for young Jones.. well, just brilliant, I really hope we keep hold of him come the close season!!

Just back from the match and I can't believe how many on here are slating Kalinic !! the lad ran his socks off, held the ball very well AND was the only one looking to run at United whenever he had the ball... geesh, what match were you watching? it certainly wasn't our latest encounter with the red scum!

The weak point for me today was Nzonzi.. rarely passed the ball forwards, looked jaded (knackered)

Salgado was tremendous today (again), and as for young Jones.. well, just brilliant, I really hope we keep hold of him come the close season!!

I agree, Kalinic was excellent and really grew into the match. He caused United no-end of problems later on in the match and they, predictably, started fouling him.

Not the worst but very, very close. The offside flag must have been on a United pull string. We get a player in a good position and the offside flag goes up... I want to see them all again!

Anyway, a result that feels like a win. I think Grella is underated too. He made some significant blocks and tackles in the game that stopped crosses and attacks. I want to see him play more and stay fit for once!

Grella is a good player, with a bad injury record unfortunately. When he does play we have a bit more bite in midfield, and probably retain the ball better.

I also loved Givet winning a towering header, and nearly knocking that tw*t Gary Neville into the Jack Walker stand .... :tu:

Good result, average performance against possibly the worst United side at Ewood in the Premiership era. First half we played 5 yards off them all the time, and basically gave them time and space to play. Second half we got tighter and at least showed a bit more fight.

Robbo made one great save, defensively we played well (Phil Jones for England!), but severely lacking going forward. We just don't have the players to play Allardyce's favoured formation effectively. Either we need to sign players to fit, or change formation.

Oh, and a special mention for Pedersen, who put in the laziest, commitment-free, nancy-boy performance I've ever seen from a Rovers player. At least Keef puts effort in - I can excuse someone who does that but is not good enough. What I cannot abide is players like MGP, who is good enough - if he can be arsed and isn't taking he p*ss like today. Has he signed for someone else - cos he played like it?

Huh?

The only unknown player in the side was Macheda, everyone else out there- top class performers for United.

Agreed with the statement about MGP, very disappointed with him.

A very hard fought for point from the men in blue 'n' white...no complaints here!

Rovers worked solidly as a unit and the frustration from the United players was a joy to behold.

We have some good YOUNG players on our books and matters look promising,if only we could find that bit more punch in attack.

GET THOSE SEASON TICKETS BOUGHT! :rover:

p.s.

How do United fans manage to forge so many tickets?....the aisles were packed with their supporters in the Darwen End upper and lower.

• Backroom

Another great result at Fortress Ewood. If somebody had offered me a 0-0 at the start of the day I would have snapped their hands off, so no complaints from me. So much far Sam doing Fergie a favour, eh Waggy?

I wasn't at the match (obviously) and watched it on Fox S!@cer Plus, but it was apparent to me that Kalinic more than did his job. He was excellent.

Huh?

The only unknown player in the side was Macheda, everyone else out there- top class performers for United.

Agreed with the statement about MGP, very disappointed with him.

I meant the worst United team:

Scholes, Giggs and Neville all past it. Berbatov, Macheda, O'Shea, Nani and Gibson all not good enough if they want to take on the best of Europe. And they've no money. Actually it's f**king hilarious. :lol:

HANDBALL!!!!!

Lol :D

As the sun starts to go down in the metropolis of Leyland I am just enjoying another cold can of lager laughing my ar$e off about the complaints of manure fans, how fergie got it wrong, how berbaflop is this etc etc.

manure, you have to hand it to them, the most ungracious club EVER with fans who are just utterly despisws throughout football.

They are not the pride of europe, they are not the cock of the north in fact they are slowly returning to the status they held before 1992. a HAS BEEN wannabee team.

Fergies luck is running out. Giggs and Scholes can no longer do it, Neville is a moron whilst the quality they have is nowhere near that is required to compete at the very top table.

You have to have a laugh at some of the comment already on here, I mean Mr E you really are a 1st class pratt. Rovers out thought a man united team worth millions. We restricted them to a single shot on target and we derailed their title dream big time.

You had thought from the reports that united had played themselves as there has been no mention of Rovers.

You cannot fault anything associated with Rovers today, it was spot on. We took on the Champions and got a very merited draw. The 3rd so called one of the big boys to leave with the point they came with and a clean sheet to boot.

Sam has got Rovers to a point where we need a little tinkering that will enable us to move forwards into the top 10 because as it stands we clearly have ridden ourselves of the Ince demons that so nearly brought our club to its knees.

If only we had a player with the creative spark because we could so easily have nobbled all 3 points.

In taking our club by the scruff of its neck, SA has turned us around. WE CAN DO THE UGLY THINGS WELL, we can do the running, the fighting and the groundwork, team ethics are there and are plentiful. The fans are so behind the team it is unbelievable.

the back 4 played very well. Even Sambas withdrawal didnt upset them and for me young Jonesey is coming on leaps and bounds.

Midfield performed admirably. the motto of keeping andrews off the pitch is one they should keep because we keep taking points.

Kalinic up front versus rio and vidic was classic, he didnt disappoint, if only he had some help.

I am proud today, we didnt cave in, we werent overrun, the ref was poor but hey who cares ?

Best point of today was the rendition of handball.

Finally, if anyone wants to know why he was called RFW, watch tv tonight, his facial expressions are priceless.

Players, as they should do, threw themselves in front of everything today.

As has happened too often this season, Kalinic was very isloated today but its a difficult balancing act, as giving Man Utd too much space would be dangerous.

Good saves from Robbo, Givet looked his usual solid self - not always the case away from home but our defence has generally been good this season. However it is clear we are getting by with our midfield/strikers, IMO, lacking real quality there apart from promising youngsters. Also got the combination of continous fitness issues with Grella/Dunn.

I had the misfortune of being on a train up from London with a carriage full of United fans. However a rant that a fella was having really made my day.

Whichever airline these two fellas had booked thier flights to Madrid for the final with would not give them a refund!!! hahah arrogant shites!

Grella is a good player, with a bad injury record unfortunately. When he does play we have a bit more bite in midfield, and probably retain the ball better.

Agreed, we look solider in the middle with Grella and Nzonzi. But he's still a crock and it'd be better if we could move him on in the summer.

Nzonzi has killed several promising moves with his slowness of thought and action. He has to take the responsibility of moving the ball forward more often and more rapidly.

He kept standing still with the ball looking clueless, very disappointed with him today. Also with Morten, who ambled around when he should have been running, what the dickens was that about?

Referee, linesman on the Jack Walker side, both a disgrace to their calling.

And we got a point. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Archived