This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
John Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Seems at the moment, under our current ownership, we can at least consider signing players on free transfers?
Ossydave Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Where is your ambition Dan ? His ambition is to get a jump in 2010, he's not doing too well so far.
bluebruce Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Foot stamping is one way of putting it. lol. It may of just worked in the Big mans favour though. So we're building a Church? alan when will the rovers fans find out who we are going to sign could it be soon have you any names and how much will he cost I can (just) forgive the constant gaping spelling errors of really simple words etc. But please, PLEASE actually read the posts you respond to. He said he DOESNT have a name for us, so why ask him if he has any names?
wandel77 Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 We are going to buy nobody !! Im going to be sick, this is the express route to CCC :-(
Manc Rover Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I know what you mean but surely Beatti has an 'e' on the end? Baresi?
Muddboy Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I don't see how we could possibly bid for Benjani. I know he's free and all that but he's had no pre-season and god knows what sort of shape he's in. Given that Rovers came back early after the summer break and all we've been hearing about is the importance of fitness ahead of the new season, I'd be stunned if we did move for the useless lump. Fingers crossed...
JAL Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I don't see how we could possibly bid for Benjani. I know he's free and all that but he's had no pre-season and god knows what sort of shape he's in. Given that Rovers came back early after the summer break and all we've been hearing about is the importance of fitness ahead of the new season, I'd be stunned if we did move for the useless lump. Fingers crossed... You begin to think, is Allardyce getting his own back due to the lack of backing from the board, with the collective shyte players Rovers are currently linked with.
yeti-dog Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8844600.stm What about this guy...would make our left side telepathically strong!!!
Dan Furness Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Where is your ambition Dan ? My ambition went the same place our money vanishes!
Anti-Dingle-Brigade Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I wouldn't mind one of Beattie or Benjani as long as we got another player. You could argue we already have the "talent" in Kalinic, we need some bodies. And big ones.
Majiball Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 As would Welbeck, can we have two loanees from the prem? In total, yes. But they must come from different clubs. A little Not The 11'Clocker News...if you know what I mean. Sounds like there has been a lot of foot-stamping behind the scenes in the last day or so. Even some rumours that efforts are being made by the current regime and those ever-lovely Trustee types to fund a bid for a striker. I don't have a name to give you, but there could actually be something done on that front shortly. Let's face it, even if the Indians went to due diligence tomorrow that would take six weeks...which is when the window shuts. Maybe some money will now be spent in this window after all... See, it IS business as usual. I see Van Gaal has been saying that Klose can leave basically, again. Pity he doesn't seem to want to. Fancy printing a story linking us to him saying how he's perfect for Rovers???? And whoever said they'd take Banjoni or Beattie, go wash your mouth out with soapy water!! Hopefully the trust can find some cash, 30M or so and then we could sign Dzeko. This Jellyvic chap looks alright, but I'd far rather try and get someone a little bit more experienced in a top league with a better goal scoring record.
Anti-Dingle-Brigade Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Hopefully the trust can find some cash, 30M or so and then we could sign Dzeko. This Jellyvic chap looks alright, but I'd far rather try and get someone a little bit more experienced in a top league with a better goal scoring record. Are you serious? Haha.
nicko Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I am hearing Benjani has failed a medical or two elsewhere in the past couple of weeks...so I don't think he will be coming to Rovers. Beattie is still a fall-back. But there seems to be someone who could fit the bill in terms of experience, stature and price. Just wonder about his wages...
Anti-Dingle-Brigade Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Has this person been mentioned before? First thought was the mighty Raul. From the PL?
philipl Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I am hearing Benjani has failed a medical or two elsewhere in the past couple of weeks...so I don't think he will be coming to Rovers. Beattie is still a fall-back. But there seems to be someone who could fit the bill in terms of experience, stature and price. Just wonder about his wages... At least one of the failed medicals was in the press.
brian_gallagher85 Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Just wonder about his wages... When's the next flight from Schalke due in?
tony gale's mic Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I am hearing Benjani has failed a medical or two elsewhere in the past couple of weeks...so I don't think he will be coming to Rovers. Beattie is still a fall-back. But there seems to be someone who could fit the bill in terms of experience, stature and price. Just wonder about his wages... Would we be happy with this or not?
RibbleValleyRover Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I am hearing Benjani has failed a medical or two elsewhere in the past couple of weeks...so I don't think he will be coming to Rovers. Looks like the rumours are true about his knees. We should stay well clear.
Iceman Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Welcome Raul Seriously though, we should be getting somebody up front whether the takeover goes through or not. If the takeover does go through, then we could always strengthen again in January. To go into the season with just 2 strikers, its basically playing with fire.
nicko Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Would we be happy with this or not? That made me chuckle. Has there ever been a player chased or signed who was universally liked around here? This one would probably split opinion. But what's new?
SergioPeter89 Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I guess if you said that James Milner was available on a free transfer, with a low wage, people would still moan..
Billy Castell Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 So it probably isn't Klose, who many would like. My guess is Raul, though Schalke seem to have him lined up. Or our good old friend Kevin Davies.
RibbleValleyRover Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 My guess is Raul, though Schalke seem to have him lined up. Mine as well and it will cause controversy and argument. One side that don't care about the financials involved and think in the short-term. Another that will know that a signing like this will cost us in January or the following summer when we have to sell on our young and upcoming players to pay for another veteran on big wages with no re-sale.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.