BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

I don't know how reliable this information is but Beattie and Kitson are not going to be registered in the squad of 25 according to various people on different Stoke messageboards.

At the moment I'm treating this as hearsay but to me everyday it seems more likely that Beattie will be returning to Blackburn.

Apologies if someone else has mentioned this before.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wage situation at Rovers is at a Explosion point.......soon as a player has 2 goods games the club hikes his wages up(Jones,Hanley,Andrews,Zsonsi)...........But they dont have a sytem the other way round that if you play crap you go down a level..

To be fair unleaded, if we didn't quickly secure the better, younger players such as Jones, Hanley and Nzonzi [notice I left KA out of this :)], then they would be tapped up and gone. What would be said then?

It's a matter of judgement, some you get right, some you get wrong.

To be fair unleaded, if we didn't quickly secure the better, younger players such as Jones, Hanley and Nzonzi [notice I left KA out of this :)], then they would be tapped up and gone. What would be said then?

It's a matter of judgement, some you get right, some you get wrong.

You have to wonder how someone like Zurab ended up on £30k a week though.

He's never been a regular first teamer, he was never going to be coveted by other PL clubs. In any event, he was always expendable.

A similar situation has happened with Roberts.

It's also a by product of the owners being unwilling to invest in terns of transfer fees.

The existing players or rather their agents know we can't afford to replace them, we know that too therefore they have got us by the short and curlies somewhat in that respect. Even squad fillers like Zurab end up getting paid over the odds.

I still can't believe we handed MGP a new contract this summer.

With all the talk of potentially signing Benjani on a "bargain" 18k p.w. it got me thinking how much money we've wazzed up against the wall on wages on complete duds in the last few years simply because they are "cheap" and available.

Jeffers/Vogel/Fowler/Basturk and now potentially Teymourian and Benjani.

I bet there's easily the equivalent of a 4m striker flushed down the toilet on that lot.

:rock:

With all the talk of potentially signing Benjani on a "bargain" 18k p.w. it got me thinking how much money we've wazzed up against the wall on wages on complete duds in the last few years simply because they are "cheap" and available.

I bet there's easily the equivalent of a 4m striker flushed down the toilet on that lot.

To be fair, every single team in the league has wasted vast amounts over the last few years. Granted Fowler was always going to be a dud, but Basturk and Vogel could easily have turned out differently. Even if Jeffers had knocked in 6 or 7 goals a season he wouldve been worth it.

If anything by virtue of the gems we've discovered for little cash and the sell on figures we've got from them, on average our signings have probably been the best value for money in the league over the last 10 years or so.

It's just inevitable there'll be a few duds in there.

Good post, Rev. I think you have every right to be pessimistic this season!

Really disappointing summer in the transfer market. I feel like all this takeover talk has been very convenient for the club and the way the club have stringed people along with the "mystery target" talk through the LET has been a real let-down.

poor old Peter Storrie

I never thought that I would ever see those four words together. Incredible.

Good post, Rev. I think you have every right to be pessimistic this season!

And what about the previous seven or eight seasons? Did Rev have every right to be pessimistic then as well? Mind you, like a lot on here, it's the only setting you've got!

I wouldnt be surprised if another target from yesterdays Norway - France match evolves. As reported Rovers scouts were there to watch Moa. Todays news said they were also watching Erik Huseklepp - joint topscorer last year in Tippeligaen and I think 1 year younger than Moa.

Yesterday he scored two nice taken goals.

Interesting that Rangers may end up with Beattie instead of Jelavic.

They are also after Smith from Pompey.

So we've had 7 months (since Benni left) to search the world for strikers and the best we can manage is Benjani and Beattie - two duds who were in plain sight all along? Questions need to be asked about our scouting if that's the case.

To think we used to have the 'SAS' - and we're now about to have the 'BAB'. A frighteningly accurate acronym .... ;)

I see Elrio van Heerden is listed in the Official site for 2010/11.

Hadn't realised he had gone to Turkey on loan and not as a transfer.

Or is this a spoof like the Man U signings yesterday?

I checked the list maybe 2 days ago max, but Mame Diouf was the last player in that list, and Van Heerden was definitly not on it.

Probably a mistake.

Archived