BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I read on SKysports that Felipe Caicedo is in talks with West Ham. We should be in there! He's a far better option than Benjani!

I'd forgotten about him- another City player surplus to requirements. That said, I would also take him over Benjani- considerably younger, and not likely to cost too much!

Rovers chief scout was at the Norway v France game last night...he was NOT on the guest list but has been eye-balled.

However I hear the Norwegian lad was bang average.

This suggests to me Rovers really have very little idea of who to actually sign as we speak.

Rovers chief scout was at the Norway v France game last night...he was NOT on the guest list but has been eye-balled.

This suggests to me Rovers really have very little idea of who to actually sign as we speak.

This kind of approach has always seemed a bit silly to me. Sure, scout people over an extended period to assess them, but to dismiss or sign somebody on the basis of one game (*Cough*Benjani*cough*) seems pretty short-sighted.

Same situation we were in last season and we had a little more to play with then. It wasn't until Pompey made for a move for Kalinic that we actually found a striker.

Or just making sure they have checked the correct ones off their list. Must be fast getting to end of plan Y. ;)

This kind of approach has always seemed a bit silly to me. Sure, scout people over an extended period to assess them, but to dismiss or sign somebody on the basis of one game (*Cough*Benjani*cough*) seems pretty short-sighted.

In this instance, the player was recommended by Gamst, why not have a look at him, also there may have been other players on view who could be of interest. I feel the Scout operating in France is quite a good one and judging by Givet, Nzonzi and Linganzi, he seems to be finding decent players.

I am also noting we appear to be bringing young lads into the academy a al Arsenal, this will pay dividends later.

I was quite impressed with Josh Morris against Celtic, looks like he has a bit about him, Ramm will I am sure come through and along with Jones and Hanley, for the first time in ages, we seem to be bringing one or two through.

Not forgetting Frank Fielding who I believe will join a championship club on loan for the season to speed up his development.

The future could be brighter than we think, we have Olssen, Kalinic, Hoilett, Nzonzi playing regularly plus Jones, a couple of years could see us in a healthier state with players of some real value.

Nicko, is this the player you referred to earlier as being a possible later today ?

The Norwegian player is NOT the one I heard about. Still trying to find out how far it has gone.

The market is pretty lively now. You are trying to get involved. But it's still proving difficult.

The Kalinic thing from last year is an interesting comparison. But you were after him at least a week before he actually joined which I recall vividly as being August 3.

The Norwegian player is NOT the one I heard about. Still trying to find out how far it has gone.

The market is pretty lively now. You are trying to get involved. But it's still proving difficult.

The Kalinic thing from last year is an interesting comparison. But you were after him at least a week before he actually joined which I recall vividly as being August 3.

Nicko, if we don't sign him today will we not sign him? Is it a striker to get us excited?

oh well. looks like we move on to striker T then now. whoever that is. We had near 7 months to scout striker that we wanted. We know we needed a replace for Benni and a guy to replace Di Santo when he went back to Cheslea. I would like to know why we haven't sign a striker target. Surely we know who been on the A-List of targets. But i guess it does'nt help will not haven't much money and the takeover talks.

Hope we get a striker in before the last week of the window. I would prefer Guiza or Caicedo

:angry2::)

We've got scouts watching games all over the world. Even though Moa was probably watched the scouts will be looking out for other players, We have quite a number of Scouts and I can tell you 2 off them are in France as we speak....Not watching anyone in particular just watching numerous Ligue1 and Ligue2 games throughout the week.!

I am still sure we have a Number 1 target whos being "worked on" if this doesnt materialise we will continue wathing other potential targets!

• Backroom

Surely if there is something going on today then mystery guy is the main target?

Hoping its One of jo, jelavic, pentecote and guiza but I wont hold my breath on anything happening

Nicko, if we don't sign him today will we not sign him? Is it a striker to get us excited?

I understand there is a financial decision to be taken today on whether to go for this guy...I don't know what that decision is yet...there is a big chance this player will go elsewhere if the money is not forthcoming.

Hey Nicko - thansk for all the updates BTW and for the snippets of background info !

the Mr Stery person your referring too, is he a striker or midfielder and is he a good proposition without giving too much away to spoil the 11 O`cocker :-)

I understand there is a financial decision to be taken today on whether to go for this guy...I don't know what that decision is yet...there is a big chance this player will go elsewhere if the money is not forthcoming.

Bargain Bucket Benjani it is then... :rolleyes:

Probably Guiza or Jelavic then. come on the rovers board Back BIG SAM!!!!!!!

Smells like Guiza or Jelavic. Or has Nicko said is someone new name? Do you Nicko think we will sign someone? Or is Roberts departure the main issue first? Thanks.

Where do you think Bellamy is going to end up Nicko? shame we camt afford the wages.

Archived