BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Go On Mr Williams back your manager..............Like he said it his job to balance the players..........Martin O`Neil & Steve Coppel have already left there posts, please dont let Sam think about joing them............Back the guy he`s done well since you appointted him so far...........

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you think Bellamy is going to end up Nicko? shame we camt afford the wages.

Big question. Man City are trying to push him one way, he wants to go another...and has been known to change his mind.

Nothing would surprise me.

Celtic? Can't see them offering enough money towards his wages.

Spurs can but City don't want him to go there.

I would seriously not rule out Cardiff doing this AFTER the window shuts and when there is nowhere else for him to go. Glad I got 33-1 a couple of months ago. :lol:

No chance at all that he would consider a return to Rovers for a season loan?

What would we pay him with Tim when we're well over our wage budget as it is?!!

I'm as depressed as the next man with talk of Benjani, Beattie etc but when Keane, Bellamy and the like are mentioned it's just pie in the sky thought.

We'd use the limited transfer money we are looking to spend on an average striker to pay for Bellamy for the season.

It would be a slight risk because we would still need to purchase a striker for next season once Bellamy goes back but having Bellamy instead of lets say, Beattie, could mean a difference of finishing in top 10 and bottom 5.

Obviously it's unlikely to happen but if Cardiff have a slight chance then I don't see why we shouldn't enquire about it especially as he's been at the club and has been successful here in gaining a move to a bigger club too. In getting a player of his quality, i'd be quite happy if he used us again as a stepping stone to a better team.

Poor Benjani, he has been called a baragin bucket striker, the last drumstick in the kfc box and the fat bird with lipstick on her teeth at 2.30 am in the disco......All he did was stop at Ewood to ask the way to Turd moor. :rolleyes:

He'll do well on the pull in Burnley. Best looking lass there by miles.

Same situation we were in last season and we had a little more to play with then. It wasn't until Pompey made for a move for Kalinic that we actually found a striker.

The Kalinic thing from last year is an interesting comparison. But you were after him at least a week before he actually joined which I recall vividly as being August 3.

May we repeat that tactic by cutting out Caicedo from West Ham.

What would we pay him with Tim when we're well over our wage budget as it is?!!

I'm as depressed as the next man with talk of Benjani, Beattie etc but when Keane, Bellamy and the like are mentioned it's just pie in the sky thought.

If it's a loan, we can pay a decent size chunk of Bellamy's wages, which would be a not insignificant savings to ManC.

Go On Mr Williams back your manager..............Like he said it his job to balance the players..........Martin O`Neil & Steve Coppel have already left there posts, please dont let Sam think about joing them............Back the guy he`s done well since you appointted him so far...........

Never let it be said that JW doesn't back his man. He allowed the club to over-budget for Salgado and tied Pedersen down to a £8m contract at Sam's behest.

Rovers chief scout was at the Norway v France game last night...he was NOT on the guest list but has been eye-balled.

However I hear the Norwegian lad was bang average.

This suggests to me Rovers really have very little idea of who to actually sign as we speak.

Eh? I thought there were "stirrings" over a player? :blink:

Should we be reading anything into Rangers giving up on the Jelavic transfer, seems odd after agreeing a fee of 3.5m?

Is it possible we can stretch to the 3.5m or have Rangers just not got the cash to fund his salary?

Dembele would be class but cannot see us being an option, I'd imagine bigger clubs will be after him.

No chance with his injury record will he be offered anything other than a short term deal, two year deal will never happen.

Can't see us signing another player til the end of the window now when panic will set in

Archived