BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Me too please dont be true

To be honest if Roberts fingers crossed does go and we get him on the right contract it won't be a bad deal but a further striker is still required, this can't solely be the only signing

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand there is a financial decision to be taken today on whether to go for this guy...I don't know what that decision is yet...there is a big chance this player will go elsewhere if the money is not forthcoming.

This comment from Nicko makes it sounds like it is going to be someone who is towards the top end of our budget and that makes me think it is going to be Guiza, Jelavic or maybe a new name such as Dembele. I really hope it is Guiza as the prices that are talked about for him are not that high for a player of his ability and he will go somewhere else if we don't go for him, as will Jelavic. I suppose it partly depends on persuading JW that Roberts can be sold for a decent fee. If Guiza comes in I will happily accept Benjani on a free as our 4th choice striker.

I know Benjani is getting slated and for me I wouldn't sign him either and I know he's a crock, but a 1 year deal wouldn't be such a bad thing. When he first went to City he was banging them in. Isn't the player I would want, but if we sign him and he wears the famous blue 'n' white halves then he would get my full support! Go on the Rovers!!!

The player I am working on at the moment is NOT Beattie.

But you know and I know that Beattie will be an option until he goes somewhere else.

That may sound like basic common sense, but it is also a fact because of a long-term interest in the player.

Seeing is believing...

Beattie at Ibrox today

Dot those Is and cross those Ts please James. Let's hope the agent didn't bring his calculator with him - "uh, how much per week?"

Best place for young James :) thank god he aint coming here.

It’s a good move for him, possible champions league football and a couple of medals before he retires, or mid table premier league club and slightly better wages, I know where I’d be going.

It’s a good move for him, possible champions league football and a couple of medals before he retires, or mid table premier league club and slightly better wages, I know where I’d be going.

They're made of chocolate up there.

Archived