BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROBERTS - bizarre twist...found out that Rangers fancy him if they don't get Beattie...and Rovers want rid badly...

With his foot out the door already, I've written him off as gone. That being said, I really think he'll be able to do a job in the SPL. I think he's still capable if not average in this division and could really find success there.

MY MYSTERY GUY - would have been good...but prefers to play in London...money can always change that opinion, but so far there is not enough to make it happen...not naming the guy.

Let the guessing games begin now, for a solid 24 hours! :rover:

To be fair to him, Andy (presumably Cryer) also said on here that Beattie was a dead cert to Rovers.

Beattie in Roberts out isn't significant enough strides in any direction to warrant worrying about.

ROBERTS - bizarre twist...found out that Rangers fancy him if they don't get Beattie...and Rovers want rid badly...

BENJANI - would obviously go off the radar if Beattie signs...

Heard the Roberts to Rangers link earlier myself too Alan. Think he'd do well there. Anything in Leeds sniffing round Benjani too do you know?

If Villa want Hughes, he'll walk ! There is absolutely no loyalty in football today. It would not surprise me at all if this happens - Mark Bowen would love it as he lives just down the road from Villa's training ground.

Was in Northcote Manor circa half an hour ago and there was talk between a small group (not a clue who they were) of Rovers revealing a new signing tomorrow. For those who don't know, this place is just around the corner from Brockhall and Rovers do use for 'special' entertaining (a la carte is c£60/head and this was one of Woy Hodgson's favourite haunts). Type of people who use this place tend to be influential and 'in the know' - that excludes me!

Wasn't you?

He'll be 1 or 2 in the pecking order. So frustrating, why don't the scout earn their flipping corn for once? Beattie and Benjani are not the only two strikers in the world!

Those who say keane, bellamy or guiza - please can you refrain from posting these names again as your making this thread unbearable.

Beattie for Roberts for same sort of money - id be happy with as our 3rd/ 4th choice

We still however want to see a main striker sign.

Yeah we will. It will be James Beattie

Being linked with Norway striker Erik Huseklepp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302628/Blackburn-boss-Sam-Allardyce-hunt-Norway-striker-Erik-Huseklepp.html

Well I'm glad some people are happy with our business over this summer. Or at least the trustees will be glad the fans are willing to take everything lying down and they can do whatever the hell they please with the club.

I must admit I don't give a 5h1t what happens with signings, I just want whatever team we put out, to win our first game. If that happens and then we go on to get a good result agains't Birmingham, both of which are teams we will be fighting for positions agains't. I will be delighted with our start.

Archived