BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Beattie would be a decent coup. Lost his way recently but I think Rovers would be a good place for him to finish and, like it or not, would probably be our best source for goals up front.

Starting to warm to the idea after some thought.

Have to agree El Tombro. Bound to score 10 to 15 goals for us this season - then he wins a generous contract and goes on the crocked list for remainder of contract. Still one season at a time as they say...

Better than Roberts and Benjani IMO. Will be BFS new "Kevin Davies", that's why we have been keen for so long.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you say, the figures can be hard to read with stories evolving on a regular basis. This link has the stats for the papers rumour accuracy for Blackburn though. LINK The Mirror has the most correct 'hits' for Blackburn by some distance. Give yourself a pat on the back Nicko. :D

The other thing is the exclusivity factor. The Star and the Express frequently show up on the BBC Gossip & Transfers page with stories reported by other papers days earlier. If your "source" is reading it in the Sun and printing it once the club have acknowledged an interest, does it still count as an accurate rumour for you?

As with Dunny, at least Beattie would *want* to play for us.

Good to have a player who is a true Rover and plays with their maximum effort week in week out.

As we've seen with other signings, they have one good season and then do everything they can to engineer a move after saying how happy they are at Rovers (Bellamy, Bentley, McCarthy, Santa Cruz).

Still, he's hardly going to set Ewood alight. Then again, neither did J-Rob.

Guest roverspogges

"prefer to play in London"

That's probably the biggest clue to who it is. It can't be Bellamy or Jelavic and probably not Beattie or Benjani. So who is it peterplop??

Is the striker IN London or does he prefer to move there?

That's probably the biggest clue to who it is. It can't be Bellamy or Jelavic and probably not Beattie or Benjani. So who is it peterplop??

Probably not anyone without UK experience either. Caicedo and West Ham? Gudjohnsen and Fulham?

The reaction was not as hysterical as it might have been...which is something of a relief.

BEATTIE - bear in mind Rovers have been after him for a long time...wanted to take him for nothing...by the sounds of it the 'fee' will be next to nothing...I can see the logic because you have two inexperienced strikers in Kalinic and Diouf...so the next one HAS to be experienced really.

One word of caution [if that is the right word]. Beattie may just fancy Rangers, a bit of glamour and the easier defences...this is not a tap-in for Rovers at all...however the chairman wants it, the manager wants it and the manager's mate agent is in the middle of it.

ROBERTS - thanks for the PMs on that one...checking it...certainly fits.

Guest roverspogges

Probably not anyone without UK experience either. Caicedo and West Ham? Gudjohnsen and Fulham?

I thought of gudjohnsen and bellamy when I read it but we can't afford their wages surely?? Only thought of them becuase of the London thing though.

Iv had a think about it, and if we signed Beattie alongside Kalinic and Diouf i wouldnt be to unhappy if the finances are ok. If you look at it last season our strikers(including Dunn who played just off) were:

Mccarthy - 1 goal

Di Santo - 1 goal

Dunn- 9 goals

Roberts - 5 goals

Kalinic - 2 goals

Thats 18 league goals between the 5 of them, half from a midfielder playing further forward. I want to see Kalinic given more of a chance this season, he clearly has the talent and with a bit more luck he can hopefully score a few more, his record in Croatia proves he can do it. Diouf looks a good prospect and im sure his pace will add a new dimension to our attack, and if we have Beattie we will know if we call on him he wont be brilliant but he will get a decent amount of goals if he tries(i hope playing for his home town team will help). I think them 3 can reach the 18 goals from last year, and thats without Dunn who if fit will always chip in with a fair amount.

We also need the likes of Olsson, E-H-Diouf, Hoilett and Pedersen to chip in with more goals. If they do, bearing in mind we get alot of goals from set pieces, i think we will be able to at least match if not better last seasons amount. Its fair to say our defence is alot better than our attack, thats where we are much better than many of our rivals.

Thats just me looking at it from a more postitive perspective, and i do hope we get someone better than Beattie. Lets just wait and see.

As sad as it is we could have used a target man last year and I dont see Sam changing his style none for this season so Beattie will be a good addition.

Not the big name signing we wanted to see but the most practical I guess. Nothing worse than watching Kalinic run his tripe out trying to play a role thats not suited to him.

Tottenham are looking to offload striker Peter Crouch. The England player was offered to West Ham as part of an unsuccessful proposed swap deal for Scott Parker but Liverpool and Everton could be interested

?? Just a guess, but here's hoping

Got a mate whos a Baggies fan, and he says all the fans want Jase back at the Hawthorns.

As for Beattie, its not a thriller, but he does fit in with our style of play. Who knows an arm round his shoulder and a return to his childhood home could bring out the best in him.

Lets face it, in his Southampton days he was good enough for an England call up. (Cue the dross who have been called up to England in the past)

Tottenham are looking to offload striker Peter Crouch. The England player was offered to West Ham as part of an unsuccessful proposed swap deal for Scott Parker but Liverpool and Everton could be interested

?? Just a guess, but here's hoping

Crouch is on a fortune...it's not him...he makes about £80,000-a-week...you can get a lot of [better stop there].

Beattie for me is a middle of the road option , not as bad as some mentioned on here , not as exciting as others , Kalinic Beattie , Roberts and M B Diouf gives us variation up front and for around £1m it still gives us a little bit in the pot for a midfielder should Grella leave or another striker if Roberts goes

BULLSHIT AJW !

Beattie is bottom of the barrel are you his dad to come out with such nonsense.

Archived