BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JW will want Beattie because he's cheap. Roll on a takeover and some new and more ambitious plans.

Not really, the "cheap" option is Benjani. £38k a week on Beattie or £16k when he plays Benjani. However the goals and staying in the PL factor would go in Beattie's favour.

SR: Beattie is 33 in February, which means he is 32 now. Still got a couple of years in him, it isn't like he is going to lose his pace.

• Backroom

I could accept it if Roberts leaves, Beattie brings the experience and then A.N other brings the flair.

Surely it won't be done in time for Saturday though?

If Beattie really wants to play for us because he's a fan, then he's more than welcome. We need such players at Rovers.

But if all we do in the market is replace Roberts for Beattie...I mean...

Stoke payed 8 million for Jones.

You may as well stop supporting Rovers then.

Turn off the lights and close the door on your way out.

Why? Simply because I don't see the point in signing a mediocre player who is the wrong side of 30 and would no doubt be one of our bigger earners (if he is on 38k per week at Stoke).

If it's a choice between keeping Roberts or selling Beattie then I know what I'd take. At least Roberts is always fit, puts in the effort and is a genuinely nice guy. Why go through all this? Beattie will no doubt also sign a contract that is longer than the one Roberts currently has, so in two years time we'll be desperately trying to sell Beattie for 500k so that we can bring in someone else.

Got a mate whos a Baggies fan, and he says all the fans want Jase back at the Hawthorns.

As for Beattie, its not a thriller, but he does fit in with our style of play. Who knows an arm round his shoulder and a return to his childhood home could bring out the best in him.

Lets face it, in his Southampton days he was good enough for an England call up. (Cue the dross who have been called up to England in the past)

Or Beattie comes 'home', meets up with his old buddy Dunny, lots of nights on the p*ss, both fall out with the manager, and we're left with two past-it fat knackers to get shut of in January .... ;)

Why? Simply because I don't see the point in signing a mediocre player who is the wrong side of 30 and would no doubt be one of our bigger earners (if he is on 38k per week at Stoke).

If it's a choice between keeping Roberts or selling Beattie then I know what I'd take. At least Roberts is always fit, puts in the effort and is a genuinely nice guy. Why go through all this? Beattie will no doubt also sign a contract that is longer than the one Roberts currently has, so in two years time we'll be desperately trying to sell Beattie for 500k so that we can bring in someone else.

Fully want Jason Roberts to stay now as I dont think hes ever been so popular purely because of the clowns running the club.

Wheres parsonblue with his differnce between amateur and professional right now the likes of Beattie and Benjani coming on board shoves that firmly up his arse regarding the current management team at Rovers.

So theres Eddie and myself already how many more..... empty seats my lord, empty seats..... :angry:

Sack the board

Sack the board!!!

Your not fit

your not fit

your not fit to run the club.

Hopefully not many.

Probably only as many empty seats as usual.

I've heard Burnley need some fans, those with five fingers on each hand are in short supply. Perhaps you'd prefer it down there. They've got plenty to spend...

Without JW running the club the way he has done for the last few years, there's no way we'd still be in the Premier League.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. But I'd rather have the one born with blue and white halves on.

I'm with Rog on this one. Pipe down, you're embarrassing yourself.

Or Beattie comes 'home', meets up with his old buddy Dunny, lots of nights on the p*ss, both fall out with the manager, and we're left with two past-it fat knackers to get shut of in January .... ;)

EXACTLY markBRFC71 ! it makes you wonder have the management team just been waiting all summer, sitting on their arse knowing what they were going to do, hoping in the meantime there was a takeover, so that they could be relieved of their duties and duly PAID OFF.

Hopefully not many.

Probably only as many empty seats as usual.

I've heard Burnley need some fans, those with five fingers on each hand are in short supply. Perhaps you'd prefer it down there. They've got plenty to spend...

Without JW running the club the way he has done for the last few years, there's no way we'd still be in the Premier League.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. But I'd rather have the one born with blue and white halves on.

I'm with Rog on this one. Pipe down, you're embarrassing yourself.

IDIOT !

It would be acceptable if Beattie was a free agent currently earning nothing but, a 32 year old with a horrible fitness record currently sitting in 38k for a year....

I wouldn't know how to approach those negotions as he doesn't warrant what he currently earns and anything more than 2 years offered is financial mismanagement...

He'd earn more sitting it out for a year and finding a really really desperate club next year

if we could turn the clock back I'd have your arm off for a completely free vieri for a final hurrah 12 months....

There can't be anyone on here that doesn't think in a years time Beattie will be surplus draining wages as we clamour for a prospect we can't get until wages are freed up.

Ho hum that's supporting rovers I guess.

Beattie would be a decent coup.

?????

Main Entry: 1coup
Pronunciation: \ˈkōp\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, to strike, from Anglo-French couper — more at cope
Date: circa 1572

chiefly Scottish : overturn, upset

Hang on, "upset", yeah that sounds about right.

2170 minutes played for Stoke, roughly 24 games, 9 goals and 3 assists.

Sure he's not everyone's cup of tea including me, but I'd take that goal ratio, IF, he's still up to it.

I do agree with the fact that the wages weighing us down for two years is hard to swallow.

Never rain's but pours ........ sleep well.

And his goal record was basically one every other game when he was played, he kept them up. His record when out of favour isnt so good, but if hes on form he does score goals.

Stoke fans seems to be mixed on him leaving, some saying theyll pay his fee, others saying they want Kitson out first and theyd prefer to sell him to Rangers over a Prem team as hes a good player on his day and could come back to haunt them. Im not going to over-react until hes been given a chance.

IDIOT !

Good, measured, thought-out response to my post. Thanks for reinforcing my point.

Who says just because Stoke were daft enough to pay him £38k a week, that we will too? Don't think too hard about that... but just bear with me.

We know Rangers don't have a pot to pee in either, there's no way they offered him £38k. I'd like to think he'd be happy on £20-30k just to play for Rovers, somewhere he would be (mostly... :rolleyes: ) wanted. That's less than Roberts. Beattie has made plenty over the years, and even he'll be laughing at Stoke for what they paid him.

Long gone are the days we could dream of signing exciting superstars every single summer. There's a chance we may still get a little surprise or two before the window shuts, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and it's about time some people grew up and accepted what's available to Blackburn Rovers on our non-existent (in Premier League terms) budget.

Archived