BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoke want rid of Beattie because he crossed Pulis....no other reason - prior to that he was in their 1st team plans.

When they signed him he saved their asses. Now im not over the moon with Beattie, but Beattie for Roberts, for the same money & same wages is a good deal for us....he will score more than Roberts, he will put much more effort in that Roberts and also he is a local lad so will give that extra 10%. The only worry has to be signing Beattie before Roberts moves on, as we might get stuck with Roberts (Suggestions he wanted 30k a week from QPR).

I still however want to see a better 'CASH' signing - whether it be midfield or a young striker.

What you mean is the Stoke City manager wasnt impressed by Beatties application and performances on the pitch.

Theres a clear message here Hughesy .. Beattie aint good enough!

Stoke want rid of Beattie because he crossed Pulis....no other reason - prior to that he was in their 1st team plans.

When they signed him he saved their asses. Now im not over the moon with Beattie, but Beattie for Roberts, for the same money & same wages is a good deal for us....he will score more than Roberts, he will put much more effort in that Roberts and also he is a local lad so will give that extra 10%. The only worry has to be signing Beattie before Roberts moves on, as we might get stuck with Roberts (Suggestions he wanted 30k a week from QPR).

I still however want to see a better 'CASH' signing - whether it be midfield or a young striker.

I'd take Beattie over Roberts any day.

Beattie thing should be decided today. Rangers are putting on the pressure to make him sign. Pulis would prefer him to go as far away as possible. But if the player wants to go to Rovers it will happen. Important few hours ahead.

The local paper assessment seems the party line again...although it does make you wonder where their 'mystery striker' fitted into that equation.

As for the 'we get linked but never sign some people and it's red-top speculation ######'...don't get me started.

Perhaps the chap should recall Lewanowski, Dindane, Piquionne and many others who were chased and fell through for many reasons. Financial, taste, medicals, etc.

The local newspaper in Bergen is quoting that Erik Huseklepp (sunk France with a brace a couple of days ago) will be allowed to leave Brann for £1.5M - http://fotball.bt.no/eliteserien/article176901.ece

Can play anywhere in attack - both flanks and proved last international that he works well as a lone striker. (Played against Mexes as centre back in the beforementioned game against France)

-I personally think he would be an exiciting prospect, and would fit Big Sams policy of having players who can fill several positions.

....he will score more than Roberts, he will put much more effort in that Roberts and also he is a local lad so will give that extra 10%

Wrong to accuse Roberts of a lack of effort. Lack of ability in parts of his game certainly, but he always worked hard.

Beattie reportedly sobbed when Rovers sold him to Southampton as part of the Kevin Davies deal, and as an ex-QEGS lad he obviously would love to return to his home-town club.

But will the pull of Rangers and the near certainty of silverware prove a stronger attraction ?

But Nicko darling.

Where have our money gone?

<Lars-Erik>: Just spoken to someone in the know at Brann and they havent heard anything about Rovers interest in Huseklepp, but he is 100% sure that Huseklepp will be sold very soon.

It doesnt mean that there isnt anything in the rumours though.

True iceman, the key here is James Beattie simply isnt good enough to get into the Stoke City side but hes deemed OK for Rovers.

I said it before, its desperation stuff at Ewood right now. You look at a striker like Moa or Huseklepp, and you think yes we are linked with them at they are virtually on the cheap at under 2mill. However, despite the links, we still trying hard for Beattie and Benjani, and supposedly cannot afford a striker under the 2mill mark. What has happened to the money we supposedly had for a new striker? Every season its the same odl story, money that just disappears into thin air.

and anybody who says it goes to cover wages, day to day expenses, to cover the lower season ticket prices etc, must really be crazy to believe all that. Who works with our finances? Surely provisions should have been made for all those things, plus money for a new signing or 2. We cannot go on like this, where every season we sell somebody to cover the day to day expenses. We are certainly on the edge right now, and call me dramatic, but its total BS.

. We cannot go on like this, where every season we sell somebody to cover the day to day expenses. We are certainly on the edge right now, and call me dramatic, but its total BS.

Not BS at all, it's reality. Stoke have a sugar daddy backer, Rovers don't any more. Football is a busted flush.

But Nicko darling.

Where have our money gone?

<Lars-Erik>: Just spoken to someone in the know at Brann and they havent heard anything about Rovers interest in Huseklepp, but he is 100% sure that Huseklepp will be sold very soon.

It doesnt mean that there isnt anything in the rumours though.

Hm, too bad. My hopes then he doesn't go to a rival for that fee..

Does anyone know the latest time we can sign someone to have a chance of being in the squad for Saturday?? Nicko,anyone?

12pm today, if he wants to play tomorrow. I speak under correction though.

I would be happy with Beattie. He's would be in the squad every week. but with us having Kalinic and Diouf aswell. Beattie is probably not going to play in every game. I would imagine that Kalinic would be first choice next season. Would like to see 2 up front this season abit more at home. Think a Kalinic and Diouf/Beattie would be a good partnership. Also think we should sign this Norway striker aswell. He can play on the right wing so gives you more options aswell

Archived