BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a risk of administration and certainly late payment of wages at Rangers which comes into the equation as well.

I'd guess Roberts would take that Rangers offer in the unlikely event Beattie does come to Ewood if it is true he is the Gers' second favourite.

So we have agreed a price with Stoke then? And we have discussed terms with Beattie?

No, you know the price...it's one you would pay.

But you won't match the package currently on offer with Rangers.

There is no way Rovers would give a three-year deal to anyone of Beattie's age.

So you wait for Beattie to say no to Rangers and then offer Stoke the money and try to get him to come on a two-year deal worth similar cash.

i read some bits earlier in the week about pentecote, young ish french player, is that also as dead as most of transfer wannabes?

Only wondering as he looked rather handy

Pentecote's D-Day is this weekend. If he plays for Toulouse against Bordeaux on Sunday that is good news because Rovers can see him play. If he doesn't play that is - funnily enough - better news as it means he is really not wanted and go.

I suspect Rovers will send a top scout to watch him, especially if Beattie goes to the Huns by then.

Looking at pentecotes age and his finishing from an earlier youtube style link i think i would personally prefer him to beattie/benjani - although i dont know the strength of the opposition from that video, a friend of mine pointed this out when he sent me this video of an equally promising youngster thats a friend of his, then you realise hes plays for a usa college team :s

All that glitters on youtube is perhaps not gold...

No, you know the price...it's one you would pay.

But you won't match the package currently on offer with Rangers.

There is no way Rovers would give a three-year deal to anyone of Beattie's age.

So you wait for Beattie to say no to Rangers and then offer Stoke the money and try to get him to come on a two-year deal worth similar cash.

Pentecote's D-Day is this weekend. If he plays for Toulouse against Bordeaux on Sunday that is good news because Rovers can see him play. If he doesn't play that is - funnily enough - better news as it means he is really not wanted and go.

I suspect Rovers will send a top scout to watch him, especially if Beattie goes to the Huns by then.

Is the plan for Beattie plus 1 more ie. Pentecote etc? Or is Beattie going to be the main striker signing? if he's being brought in to simply replace Roberts then i have no objections whatsoever, if we bring in no one else then i care.

I don't think there is a plan to be honest. It's all been a bit random of late.

I might be in the minority here but I hope Beattie has signed. As a replacement for Roberts briliant (same type of player but will try that little bit harder as he's a fan) against an ex club with something to prove. I f Roberts doesn't leave we have an extra body, would say we still need a striker though

I find the mismanagement of all this incredible.

It does not reflect well on JW.

If I ran my business the same way then I'd go to the wall.

Mismanagement???????? Based on that we're trying to sign James Beattie??

We're trying to sign players who eventually turn out to be too expensive, not wanting to come or demanding high wages. We're also undergoing takeover talks. Can you not understand how difficult this process is? We were spoilt under sparky when he found signings such as McCarthy/Roque etc. Its as if our fans expect these sorts of players to be available for nothing.

I don't usually do running commentaries on these things, but...

Beattie is asking for a little bit more than Rangers want to pay him. Stoke will have to give him money to leave.

That is probably a double negative for Rovers as we speak. I don't see you giving him a big three-year deal and I don't see Stoke giving him a sweetener to join you.

is this a panic buy being made by sam in getting Beattie (if true) or has he been our number 1 target all summer?

Beattie has been an option for months. Better options have disappeared in recent weeks. The season is upon us. Stoke have a replacement striker in.

I would suggest the real panic sets in if Beattie goes elsewhere.

Beattie has been an option for months. Better options have disappeared in recent weeks. The season is upon us. Stoke have a replacement striker in.

was the forward who wants to stay in the london area who we went for yesterday Gudjohnsen Nicko???

just rang my pal who rang his and hes adament hes signed? its one of those not arsed either way signings for me,if it works well done if it doesnt wouldnt be surprised either.

just rang my pal who rang his and hes adament hes signed? its one of those not arsed either way signings for me,if it works well done if it doesnt wouldnt be surprised either.

Beattie is asking for a little bit more than Rangers want to pay him. Stoke will have to give him money to leave.

The modern tactic of players and their agents and the reason that the transfer window is so sluggish. I'd imagine Grella, Zurab and Roberts want similar incentives to leave. Bullard at Hull is similarly mugging a dying club. Happening all over the place. Much shorter (12 month rolling) contracts will soon become the norm imo.

Archived