BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather see us using Dunn in a role behind Kalinic or Diouf and use a strong midfeld until we can afford good strikers.....Don't want Beattie and Benjani on big wages at our club.

Yakubu or Jo would be great.

Yakubu? are you serious?? 8 million they want for him

I DONT REALLY CARE......Aslong as Syed takes over :lol:

you do realise, that when Syed takes over, that selling clubs will just ask ridiculous amounts for their players. I just hope, that we dont fall into that trap of paying the money being asked, just because we would now be loaded with it.

you do realise, that when Syed takes over, that selling clubs will just ask ridiculous amounts for their players. I just hope, that we dont fall into that trap of paying the money being asked, just because we would now be loaded with it.

It wont work like that we wont be like City who blow money for fun, our money would be installed over seasons to build gradually I presume.

That is certainly a more sensible option, buying too many players in one go just upsets the balance of the team.

You do realise it will be better to get quoted £10m and have some money to play with, rather than not being sure if we should spend our £1m on a player or not...Anything other than this frustrating summer.

Definitely, but you missed out the key one - Beattie can score. Roberts, for all his great efforts, can't.

Anyway, looks unlikely to happen so we should draw a line under it.

Oh I realise that - was just on about the effort comment.

He is also good in the air, which suits us.

Wouldnt rule it out yet mate.

This window is all about the last week, not just for Rovers but most of the clubs in the Prem.

If I were City, I would loan out my unnumbered stars to mid-ranking Prem clubs so they can play against City's big 4 rivals but not themselves....

A sensible strategic move there Philipl.

I DONT REALLY CARE......Aslong as Syed takes over :lol:

I think this maybe an appropiate time to ask Hughesy. Can you stick your head out the window and check the weather. Just wondering ahead of time if the game is on or off tomorrow.

Why are people jumping to criticise john Williams because we haven't made a substantial signing yet when it's the job of Sam allardyce and his team's job to scout the players. And they have had 7 months to find a striker. It is not jw's fault that we have no money. Bfs has known the money situation all along and has just shown his tactics in transfer dealings to be non existent. Just wait for something to come up. Hoping is not a viable tactic. Football is big business and he has shown that he has as little idea in the transfer market as he does on the football field... hope something good happens.

[EDIT] And complain when it doesn't

You can't say the man doesn't have tactics. Bit harsh. I agree that he knew the situation with regards to money when he signed...with regards to his tactics...well his tactics were clearly to throw a wobbler when he realised things weren't going his way and the board weren't going to throw money at him. Never say the man has no tactics...or class!

The main problem for us is that no other club in their right mind is going to pay Grella, Zurab or Roberts £30k+ a week. And rightly so, we're obviously over-paying them, so you can't blame them for not wanting to take a pay cut. The blame has to fall to the Board.

Out of interest - When did Roberts last get a new contract?

The same will happen if(when) we give big contracts to Benjani and/or Beattie.

A negative of this transfer window is not just the lack of strikers, but we haven't even gone for any gamble players like N'Zonzi/Liganzi who are cheap and might come good. Looks like the focus and resource has been directly fully on strikers.....and we end up tied between Beattie and Benjani- Brilliant.

If we're really left with the two options of Beattie or Benjani. It has to be Beattie.

the other thought is just put faith in our 6m investment in kalinic and play diouff.

teams got through seasons with small squads before, modern foreign coaching myth to need big squads all this resting and winter break rubbish..a professional athlete that can't stand 2 games a week once in a while ain't fit to wear the shirt(Benni).

just cross the fingers the 2 young fellas are'nt injury prone.

If we're really left with the two options of Beattie or Benjani. It has to be Beattie.

The correct answer is NEITHER Travylad, then you begin the inquest into why it came down to these two ..... gross managerial incompetence.

Archived