BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The correct answer is NEITHER Travylad, then you begin the inquest into why it came down to these two ..... gross managerial incompetence.

Throughout the summer it has been a case of the Trust refusing to give Sam the money he needs to buy players, dithering whilst players have been sold elsewhere. I simply think it is a case of waiting until the club is taken over then spend in January.

For the record I think that Beattie would do well at Rovers BUT it would only be a short term gap and we need someone younger.

Response RE: Dunn and Gamst doing a job as as Strikers

No they can´t.

Interesting tidbit from BBC Sport's mathc preview...

• David Dunn was statistically the Premier League's best finisher last season. He converted 31% of his chances last term, a better ratio than any other player who had at least 25 efforts on goal.

Granted finishing from the withdrawn or midfield role is different from finishing from a forward's position, but it does indicate that he might have what it takes to be a striker.

That being said, certainly its not ideal, and foolish to start a season knowing that your potentially 2nd choise striker is a converted midfielder with a checkered fitness/injury histor (understatment, I know).

PaulPlunkettLT

Blackburn were never in for James Beattie in the first place. He's just joined Rangers

Perhaps the chap should read his own paper...they have been running the story on and off for months.

Mainly because the interest has been on and off for months.

Or even listen to the words of the manager a couple of hours back.

"We've not agreed a fee with Stoke and although James is on the list at the moment, it is not looking like he will be coming to Blackburn."

Can't believe it has come down to this. That I am hoping, praying that Rovers can do a last minute deal for James Beattie to stop any move for Benjani.

Let him go. Vienna probably are forced to sell Jelavic. He is on last year of his contract. We can get him when the window is closing. Before Roberts leaves we have situation than spring.

i still convinced we will sign a striker in the next few weeks b4 deadline passes. At the moment if sam is going 1 up front we have roberts diouf n kalinic which is fine for NOW!!!

Roberts does not have a squad number apparently, I very much doubt he'll play for us again.

i still convinced we will sign a striker in the next few weeks b4 deadline passes. At the moment if sam is going 1 up front we have roberts diouf n kalinic which is fine for NOW!!!

Roberts may as well be gone with the way he's been tret...if he's been told he's not wanted his heart's not going to be wholly in it. I know he's a professional chap but if he stays...he can't possibly be the same player.

If he gets named in the 25 and we sell him can we put some1 else into 25?

If it is all done before the squad registration deadline then yes.

Beattie done to Rangers.

DIDN'T get any money from Stoke to leave.

Got three years on £1.2 million.

Where next?

Hugo Almeida? :D

Archived