BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there have been any offers for the names mentioned above...but clearly the playersd being watched this weekend have now become more 'live' than they were a couple of hours ago.

Take a breath here.

Beattie at £1 million-ish plus wages of £3.6 million is way too much for Rovers. Quite why it has taken three or four months to work that one out is a mystery.

The idea he could somehow be nicked on a free or loan - which has raised its head at times - has just been rpoved to be stupidity.

I don't think there have been any offers for the names mentioned above...but clearly the playersd being watched this weekend have now become more 'live' than they were a couple of hours ago.

Take a breath here.

Beattie at £1 million-ish plus wages of £3.6 million is way too much for Rovers. Quite why it has taken three or four months to work that one out is a mystery.

The idea he could somehow be nicked on a free or loan - which has raised its head at times - has just been rpoved to be stupidity.

how can 4.6ish million be too much for rovers when we have the benni money plus his wages saved? Our is it that the trust don't want to spend that amount on anyone now that due diligence has started.

I am glad we didn't sign Beattie. After Rangers' offer, we would have had to push the boat out to lure him to Ewood with a 20k p.w contract for the next 2 - 3 years. No doubt he would have ended up as another huge wage drain.

Feel free to shoot me down, but I don't think it would be such a bad thing to have Benjani as our fourth striker. He is unattached so we can probably get him to sign a 1 year contract, possibly performance related (in case his knees give way). He may not be Marco Van Basten but he does actually try hard (unlike some others), and he can be a nuisance for defences. I know he has lost some pace and has dodgy knees, but he is not half as bad as people on here make out, and I think that he will be OK as a stop gap short term solution. He can give a bit of much needed depth to our strike force, and if he signs I will be supporting him wholeheartedly.

Let the abuse begin...

That Paul Plunkett is just as idiotic as Andy Cryer!

His latest "tweet" :- PaulPlunkettLT Blackburn were never in for James Beattie in the first place, just signed for Rangers.

The LT know who we aren't signing but dont have an Idea who were after!

Clueless!

I am glad we didn't sign Beattie. After Rangers' offer, we would have had to push the boat out to lure him to Ewood with a 20k p.w contract for the next 2 - 3 years. No doubt he would have ended up as another huge wage drain.

Feel free to shoot me down, but I don't think it would be such a bad thing to have Benjani as our fourth striker. He is unattached so we can probably get him to sign a 1 year contract, possibly performance related (in case his knees give way). He may not be Marco Van Basten but he does actually try hard (unlike some others), and he can be a nuisance for defences. I know he has lost some pace and has dodgy knees, but he is not half as bad as people on here make out, and I think that he will be OK as a stop gap short term solution. He can give a bit of much needed depth to our strike force, and if he signs I will be supporting him wholeheartedly.

Let the abuse begin...

no abuse i agree as long as he aint our main striker haha :brfc:

The 33 club. Guti, Raul and soon to be Beattie. Don't you just love Rovers.

It's NOT ROVERS, 67. It's the gaffers' MO. check back during his time at the block and count all the players aged 29+ that he brought in--- with plenty of success mind you. It's not something I advocate on a full time basis because the sell on numbers are important, but experience help win championships.

Consider this: if you plopped the Brasil U-20s in the Prem. they'd barely eek out a midtable finish. Hell, that 's a ridiculous scenario, but i'm sticking w/ it! :blush:

Were does this leave Jelavic.

Now there isnt much competion couldnt we have a better hand to negotiate with?

Jelavic was watched and has been available...so I can only take it he is not rated good value.

He has been hanging around with a 'come and get me' smile for weeks.

No reaction yet.

That Paul Plunkett is just as idiotic as Andy Cryer!

His latest "tweet" :- PaulPlunkettLT Blackburn were never in for James Beattie in the first place, just signed for Rangers.

So there was no interest in Beattie...what's all this then?

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/8199138.Blackburn_Rovers_won_t_gamble_on_Pole/

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/8181249.Beattie_and_Benjani_back_on_Blackburn_Rovers_radar/

With the takeover now looking very likely, does the notion of 'get us through to January' not apply to this situation?

Why would we be looking at players worth 4 / 5 million now when investment is on the way? I wouldn't be likely to free up that cash if I were in the Trustees position.

how can 4.6ish million be too much for rovers when we have the benni money plus his wages saved?

At the end of the deal - he has no sell on value - so like Bucky said, its just a £4.6m into a black hole.

We need to aim for younger players who have potential to sell on.

Let the abuse begin...

up

Agreed. Benjani wouldn't be that bad considering we play one up front.

With the takeover now looking very likely, does the notion of 'get us through to January' not apply to this situation?

Why would we be looking at players worth 4 / 5 million now when investment is on the way? I wouldn't be likely to free up that cash if I were in the Trustees position.

Have you taken a look at the current strike force?

Do you want to pose that question again?

Too sensible a position for the majority on here to take.

I would be happy with Benjani. I have already reconciled this with myself

Archived