BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

It's apparent that they simply do not know what the club is really thinking and are involved in peddling speculation simply to fill the back pages. Hardly extraordinary behaviour for gentlemen of the press is it?

But I'm sure you know all about that anyway without me having to tell you Alan? ^_^

I apologise if this has already been covered-I'm still only on Page 350-but I guess everyone will be disappointed with the news I have just heard on Radio Lancs: Beattie has signed for Glasgow Rangers.

Funnily enough I'm not disappointed at all.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Dowie has said on the PLTV that Sam has personally told him that the squad has stagnated and he needs one or two players to freshen it up.

Take note all of you who reckon we can keep the same squad and achieve the same results. It never works like that.

Sam knows better. :)

Ok well lets have it right, when Sam signed Davies for Bolton I bet you laughed a bit? But look how well he did. In our current state, signing a player that's lost his way a bit is pretty high on the list of options.

I'll grant you that. SA did something no one had done before ..... he recognised and identified Kevin Davies's strengths and got the rest of the team to play to them. Not rocket science one would think but a sure sign of a proper manager.

Cloughie and Taylor made their reputations by doing the very same.

I'll grant you that. SA did something no one had done before ..... he recognised and identified Kevin Davies's strengths and got the rest of the team to play to them. Not rocket science one would think but a sure sign of a proper manager.

Just reminded me of a player called Fred Eyre at Stockport County I think, his manager called him into the office one day and said 'Fred, I want you to do something today you have never done before' Fred asked 'Whats that boss?' the manager replied 'Play well'

Maybe Sam could have a word with Keef :lol:

Ah but he's english so that makes far more valuable. :rolleyes::lol:

Imagine the money that could be made if you could produce one Milner a season from the youth academy. If some of the continental clubs can do why not rovers?

I'm intrigued. One or two clubs invest lots in youth but which single club has produced a player worth 25-30m each and every year for the past 5 years or so? I can't be bothered googling around but I'd imagine that only Auxerre might even have come close to that target.

I'm intrigued. One or two clubs invest lots in youth but which single club has produced a player worth 25-30m each and every year for the past 5 years or so? I can't be bothered googling around but I'd imagine that only Auxerre might even have come close to that target.

Thats not fair, only the past couple of years has silly money been chucked around, odd exception, now if you said £10,000,000 maybe

Barcelona? They dont sell many of them but Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, etc

Barcelona? They dont sell many of them but Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, etc

Now then young Hans/Franco/Dimitri/Winston there are two clubs after signing you up. Blackburn Rovers and Barcelona. Which do you fancy signing for son?

Hey up! Arsenal's just phoned up too. So now you've 3 to choose from lad. ;)

Less quality material to work with or start from, perhaps?

You imply nature over nuture there and thats just not the case its all about how you look after them.

Athletico Bilbao instantly springs to mind. Basque only players and they produce plenty of Milners, they are just not as valuable because they are not English. Auxerre is another good example, Ajax, Barca as well, Espanyol, Inter have more than one or two coming through.

Clairefontain for example as well. There's plenty to choose from, River plate, Santos in south america, every one of these clubs has something to teach us.

Perhaps there's a uni somewhere thats already done all the work??? :rolleyes:;)

Now then young Hans/Franco/Dimitri/Winston there are two clubs after signing you up. Blackburn Rovers and Barcelona. Which do you fancy signing for son?

Well this is how it is lad, we may not be the biggest club, we may not be the richest, but look at where we are, look at our first team, we are a young side, two or three from the youth team are gaining first team experience and playing, the bigger clubs just throw money at it if they want a new player!!

Where do you think you'll get the best opportunity to play at a decent level and forge a career in the game?

We are a family club, we will look after the lad here too.

Just sign here. :D

Aaron spear turned down Arsenal to sign for Newcastle, its not all about big clubs. If we had an academy to rival theirs in production and showed that we would bring them through to the first team. Well not every Mum & Dad want their 14 year living in London or Barca. They make the choices.

Me too, i have my doubts but it isnt going away....

I cant see it happening but.....Ive heard that Guiza fancies England, so does his agent, this would tie up with Getafe and Rubin Kazan bidding 6m but Rovers still getting linked at 5m! :wacko:

Once every blue moon a deal like this happens (Cole, Bellamy etc) and the club free funds from somewhere*

*havent got a clue where

There's only one Matt Jansen!!

Similar scenario.

Footballers are a lot like moths though. They can't stay away from the bright lights! :lol:

So why is he not doing it with Kalinic? It's obvious he's not a striker suited to playing up top on his own and would be a far better player with a regular partner ....

Alright guys, been following this thread for a few weeks now, thought id make my debut post :P I have to say i've been pulling my hair out due to this thread, so many names it's unbelievable... i've been through so many emotions with rovers over the summer, i just really hope it all mounts to something and isn't a massive disappointment :/

I am however looking forward to seeing the new boy Diouf in action tomorrow, (if playing). Seems like a smart lad who could really help us, also seems like he wants to impress from what i've been reading. I have massively warmed to the idea of him and Kalinic up front, or maybe Diouf playing just behind him could be good. We need his pace and ball control to get it to Kalinic's feet more so he can have a proper crack.

Looking at things, i don't think we're in trouble at the moment but, as said before by someone else, injuries etc could throw up a massive problem for us.

There's my 2 cents, see y'all around!

Aaron spear turned down Arsenal to sign for Newcastle, its not all about big clubs. If we had an academy to rival theirs in production and showed that we would bring them through to the first team. Well not every Mum & Dad want their 14 year living in London or Barca. They make the choices.

True.

I know if it was my lad, then I would get him to sign for the team most likely to help him make it, and most likely to give him the opportunity to get into the 1st team....most of your Chelsea's, Liverpool, City etc dont give you much chance.

It would also help our cause if the likes of Jones & Fielding can get into future England squads and show their is more to academy football than going to Arsenal or United.

Archived