BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really had a lot to say on the current transfer market but, as the start of the season's just hours away, I thought I'd chuck my tupence worth in.

I don't really understand the whole "we were strong financially at the start of the transfer window" argument - we had £2.5m to spend then, we have £2.5m to spend now - it buys you more-or-less the same striker.

However, though frustrated with the lack of signings over the summer, I do believe in waiting for the right signing to come along. On several occasions over the years that I've supported Rovers we have bought players for money that they have never justified. I would rather Sam wait and choose a suitable striker than outlay, say, £5m in total on James Beattie or Benjani.

I trust Sam to make the best signing possible for us, as he did - largely - with Bolton, I just hope he doesn't get dismayed with the lack of investment in the meantime and sod off to Villa!!

:brfc:

I know everyone slags Keith Andrews but, he's done 65 games and scoring 5 goals in the premier league and one of the best games I saw an outstanding Andrews at right back. I think he turned a game at that position. He's versatile and an Ireland international but will probably be his last season here when the takeover is completed but please stand behind the team tomorrow and Andrews, he's a rovers player.

I saw that Roberts haven't got any number, that means he'll leave.

Ok, mystery solved. Now we know who the identity of the unknown Rovers' player that slips into the MB. Welcome aboard, Keef! :blush:

j/k Neo!

I know everyone slags Keith Andrews but, he's done 65 games and scoring 5 goals in the premier league and one of the best games I saw an outstanding Andrews at right back. I think he turned a game at that position. He's versatile and an Ireland international but will probably be his last season here when the takeover is completed but please stand behind the team tomorrow and Andrews, he's a rovers player.

I think the same. I've been in favor of Keith finding a new club, not because he's horrible (he isn't) but the way he's treated is and so perhaps its best he moves on. He's no Ronaldo, but he's fit and, IMO, does a competent job as a substitute midfielder. He's a Rovers player and he plays his heart out. Here's hoping that others keep that in mind that so long as he's a Rover, we need to motivate Keith, not run him down.

Ian Dowie has said on the PLTV that Sam has personally told him that the squad has stagnated and he needs one or two players to freshen it up.

Saw this too.

Not sure how close Dowie and Big Sam are, but it portrayed Sam as a man who is completely fed up.

Not much available in Italy cheap striker wise,but i'll see if i can help.

Inter will sell or loan Victor Obinna & David Suazo.

AC will loan Dominic Adiyiah.

You don't want any Juventus players.

Roma will loan or maybe sell Stefano Okaka,Julio Baptista

Genoa will probably loan Gergely Rudolf their Hungary player.

Napoli are trying to sell or loan Marcelo Zalayeta,but he is @#/?,so you don't want him.

Inacio Pia is off too by the looks.He was @#/? on loan at Torino last year,so you can imagine how bad he is. :lol:

Udinese are selling Bernardo Corradi,Better than Benjani surely?. :unsure:

Palermo would sell or loan Igor Budan Or Davide Succi probably cheaply too.

Parma would sell Cristiano Lucarelli & loan Milan Djuric

Catania would sell Mirko Antenucci cheap.

Other than that lot there's not much around.

Saw this too.

Not sure how close Dowie and Big Sam are, but it portrayed Sam as a man who is completely fed up.

Sam just needs to be patient, if/when the takeover happens he will get his chance to freshen things up.

Dowie hasn't really said anything we don't already know, freshening the squad is always a managers ambition in the close season.

Sam just needs to be patient, if/when the takeover happens he will get his chance to freshen things up.

Dowie hasn't really said anything we don't already know, freshening the squad is always a managers ambition in the close season.

Couldn't he just open a window or buy some fabreeze?

Come to think of it, that's about his only option at the moment!

Out of those names, Adiyah has huge potential and stands out. I would also consider Okaka, Suazo, Obinna or Lucarelli (in that order).

Suazo was good at Cagliari, although I never understood why Inter took him, he was never star striker material.

He could do alright for us til January.

So why is he not doing it with Kalinic? It's obvious he's not a striker suited to playing up top on his own and would be a far better player with a regular partner ....

Are you six still banging on about 4-4-2? How very 20th century. :rolleyes:

But in answer to your question..... I've no idea? Other than to suggest that maybe it's not as 'obvious' as you lot think with Kalinic. I might be wrong but I'd imagine 4-4-2 has been used in training just as 3-5-2 has been experimented with recently. But over the past season he's successfully switched positions with Olsson, MGP and N'Zonzi though and should take credit for that.

btw I think squad and individual player flexibility is his aim. Good idea too as not every opposing team plays the same tactics against us do they? Also many teams end up going down to 10 men these days so it's important to be able to adapt and prepare for whatever situation we might be presented with during the season.

Thanks for your insight Robert regarding the italian league strikers. Like us England fans we saw firsthand at how poor Italian standards for footie have dropped with the performance of your team at the WC. For me, there are no Italians that are worth coming to this league and I truly beleive that City have wasted £23m on the kid, inexperienced and arrogant and moralless, Ballotelli. He may have the talent but he has shown a high disregard for those who have been there, done it and won it. I dont see how he will excell with mankini and city who for me are fast becoming a bigger circus than that owned by billy smart.

For me, now it appears that Rovers have some investment, we should be seriously looking at a loan with a view to buy as soon as possible.

Maybe Mr Nixon can correct me, but if we loan a player with a view to buying now we can still complete the actual purchase after the transfer window closes although, if that player is from another Premier League club it would only prevent us from loaning another player later on in the season. So for me there is now an urgency to identify that striker and get him in. There is also now an opportunity to obtain the midfielder we desperately need. For me it has to be a player like Reo Coker or Steve Sidwell. Rovers, imo, potentially now afford to free Zurab from his contract rather than wanting a fee, the same for Brown. It looks like Jacobsen and Grella are gone although we await the final outcome of the so called bids.

Although we know the deal has yet to be completed, it looks as if Rovers will find themselves in the control of WGA.

Good or bad its now a time to move forward and what better time to do so than to remember our dreammaker Mr Walker as we approach the 10th anniversary of his death.

I know if it was my lad, then I would get him to sign for the team most likely to help him make it, and most likely to give him the opportunity to get into the 1st team....most of your Chelsea's, Liverpool, City etc dont give you much chance.

Is it not better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all Hughesy? To succeed at a top club must be the ambition of all kids.

Rem kids who fail at the very top don't just pack in do they? We've profited from that also with players who have been youth prospects but failed to make the grade at their original club. Bentley, Warnock, Savage, Di Santo (albeit to a lesser extent) and hopefully this new lad Diouf are all testament to that.

nicko do you think the indian guy would give rovers some money before the end of the tranfer window to buy a foward as it looks like the take over is going happen just after the window ends and have you had any new links in the last 12 hours

It would be a remarkable achievement to do a takeover properly in that amount if time...and fund a signing.

As of this morning the plan is try and bring one - maybe two strikers in - on the current budget.

Not sure Benjani is too impressive from reports either.

So it would be TWO strikers rather than one on the agenda.

Thanks for your insight Robert regarding the italian league strikers. Like us England fans we saw firsthand at how poor Italian standards for footie have dropped with the performance of your team at the WC. For me, there are no Italians that are worth coming to this league and I truly beleive that City have wasted £23m on the kid, inexperienced and arrogant and moralless, Ballotelli. He may have the talent but he has shown a high disregard for those who have been there, done it and won it. I dont see how he will excell with mankini and city who for me are fast becoming a bigger circus than that owned by billy smart.

Steady on fella we had won the thing 4 years before. :lol:

Inter did dispatch your Champions with ease from the Champions League last season.

The dire Fiorentina side which finished 10th,saw Liverpool off in their sleep.

Fulham did beat Juventus's reserve side mind you. :lol:

The Premiership is weakening,and Serie A is gaining strength.

But don't let the facts get in the way.

From the LT today. Sam bemoaning the problems getting a permanent striker in and that it may need to be a loan deal.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8332231.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_looks_at_another_loan_move/

We could get much better striker on loan than buying with our mini budget. The best way to do business right now, no doubt. Maybe all this has changed in January and we lot of Indian money to spend. Take a midfielder on loan too Sam! Only one can come from Pl club though.

Archived