BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Well this is how it is lad, we may not be the biggest club, we may not be the richest, but look at where we are, look at our first team, we are a young side, two or three from the youth team are gaining first team experience and playing, the bigger clubs just throw money at it if they want a new player!!

Where do you think you'll get the best opportunity to play at a decent level and forge a career in the game?

We are a family club, we will look after the lad here too.

Just sign here. :D

Was it Hughes who said a couple of years ago, we just have to show them the facilities, job done?

Is it not better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all Hughesy? To succeed at a top club must be the ambition of all kids.

Rem kids who fail at the very top don't just pack in do they? We've profited from that also with players who have been youth prospects but failed to make the grade at their original club. Bentley, Warnock, Savage, Di Santo (albeit to a lesser extent) and hopefully this new lad Diouf are all testament to that.

My step son was scouted for Arsenal, used to play with Joe Cole and was judged the better player. Unfortunately he got a broken wrist and somehow slipped through the system. He's now a fireman, doing extremely well, is a well-rounded and happy family man and saved lives already. Although Mr Roversmum still hankers after the dream of him playing for Rovers, personally I am convinced our lad made the right decision.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the LT today. Sam bemoaning the problems getting a permanent striker in and that it may need to be a loan deal.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8332231.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_looks_at_another_loan_move/

Killer line in there...

We have been trying that all summer, they have come and they have gone – your Aruna Dindanes and Piquionnes.

Of course, some would have you believe that was all red-top speculation. :lol:

Welcome son of Abbey.

I can tell you some stories about yr dad and his football travels if you ever need to bribe him !!

Go on then, id like to hear a few !

The innocence of youth! I'm not sure I'd have admitted to that quite so readily young un. ;):tu:

btw what do you think of Big Sam? :rover:

Same as my dad.

Ian Dowie has said on the PLTV that Sam has personally told him that the squad has stagnated and he needs one or two players to freshen it up.

That would be the same Sam Allardyce who was saying at Xmas that the main reason we had such a poor first half to the season was the massive turnover on the playing staff, nine in and nine out. Then he brought in 2 more in Jan who played a massive half a game between them. Plus we had 3 lads step up and make their first team debuts.

The problem isn't a stagnant squad, it's a denuded front line. 18 months ago we had Santa, Benni, Roberts and Derbs - who on here was worried about that line up? Any day now the last of those will be gone, three of them at the behest of the manager. All we have to replace them is a strip of a lad who had a decent handful games in Jan/Feb and a 22-year old Fergie has decided he can live without for a year and probably forever.

As was said earlier: we knew our budget and we knew our priorities 7 months ago.

That would be the same Sam Allardyce who was saying at Xmas that the main reason we had such a poor first half to the season was the massive turnover on the playing staff, nine in and nine out. Then he brought in 2 more in Jan who played a massive half a game between them. Plus we had 3 lads step up and make their first team debuts.

The problem isn't a stagnant squad, it's a denuded front line. 18 months ago we had Santa, Benni, Roberts and Derbs - who on here was worried about that line up? Any day now the last of those will be gone, three of them at the behest of the manager. All we have to replace them is a strip of a lad who had a decent handful games in Jan/Feb and a 22-year old Fergie has decided he can live without for a year and probably forever.

As was said earlier: we knew our budget and we knew our priorities 7 months ago.

Christ your constant sniping at the manager is really tiresome.

"At the behest of the manager" - what would we have had if we'd hung onto those players? We would have been £17m down and had a player permanently on the treatment table in the form of RSC. We wouldve had an overweight player eating up wages and £2m less in the form of McCarthy. Derbs, whilst we'd take him at this point in time, had never really proven himself in the Premeir League and £3.5 million was a great price to get for him. Yes he's scoring in the Greek League but I think were he to come back he would be pretty average again.

Granted we didnt get most of the transfer money for that but it's meant at least that we don't need to sell players to break even which, if we didn't get that money, we wouldve done.

Do you think Sam is sniffing round trialists, loan signings and free agents by choice? Or do you think decent Premier League standard strikers on a free transfer or for around £1 million are easy to come by?

Well we definitely don't need to bother with anymore defensive midfielders as Jones has showed he can do a job there. Going by today's showing all we need is a quality striker then we won't need an attacking midfielder as we can go 4-4-2. I think Pedersen or maybe E. Diouf can play in the hole if necessary but if we do have the funds to get someone in to play there as well as a striker then I won't say no.

Charlie Nicolas just said on SSN that he has heard the Rovers have knocked back a £9 million bid from an unnamed club for Phil Jones. Who from? When? Well done Rovers for turning it down, we have a top class midfielder/defender.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/08/14/arsenal-weigh-up-move-for-9m-teenage-centre-back-wenger-keen-on-blackburn-rovers-youngster-jones/?

Archived