BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We "throw" away wages cause its either that or give up a player on a free and TRY to replace him with someone who would cost money, and hence create a doomed attempt. This is something we have done successfully over the years, ie. retain our players.

It's the reason we're stuck with Chimbonda, Grella, Zurab et al.

First thing i said to my mate as Dunny trundled off the pitch,he is the wrong side of 30 and really needs to start looking after himself a bit better. <_<

(coming from somebody approaching 40 i know what i`m talking about! :blush::P )

I met up with Dunny (and all the other Rovers players) after the AEK Athens game in Sydney - I spent quite a while chatting with him. I can guarantee you he ain't carrying any excessive weight- he looked as fit as a butchers dog. If he looks wider it's muscle - not fat.

Don't think I'm giving any secrets away when Dunny told me he thinks he's only got a couple of years left at Prem level - he knows this & is working hard to extend his career as long as possible for life after the prem. Maybe a move to Aussie....

He ain't fat.

Speaking of tubby players, (now it may have been my stream) but did anyone else think Dunn looked really big today? :blink:

I was there at Ewood thinking the complete opposite. In fact there was a picture of Dunny and (crap) Diouf (who was actually pretty good today) in the programme and after seeing it I actually commented out loud that I'd never seen Dunn so trim.

These are very strange comments. I'm pretty sure the rest of the world thinks England's footballing standards have dropped almost as sharply...but we all know the national side and domestic football are different animals altogether. The link is mild.

The second bit I just hope you didn't mean as literally as it is phrased. You think there isn't ONE Italian good enough to play for ANY team in the Premier League?! Come off it!!!

Agree with you Bruce. Bizarre claim to make.

It's like saying there are no English players good enough for the Spanish or German leagues because of their crap World Cup.

I do try and follow Italian football as best I can (it's in the blood) and I can say that there are some extremely talented players in Serie A who could quite easily walk into English teams. The national squad lacked morale and confidence, I blame Lippi for not really having his heart in the job and picking a poor squad. Just look at players like Di Natale and Quagliarella who shone when they actually got to play. I will say that if Italians are to be successful in the Premier League then you must get them as young as possible when they're still able to adapt. Footballers' lives in Italy are highly structured and very disciplined (like Capello's training regime) and they become too set in their ways after a certain age and take much longer to adjust (we're all mummy's boys who get homesick to easily).

Match of the Day yesterday said that Man City had spent £110m out of the Premier League total transfer spend of £248m this summer.

On current trends, the value of the transfer market is drying up.

Whats he on at Stoke?

The bench.

I have seen numbers well over £60k per week.

The bench.

I have seen numbers well over £60k per week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302574/Stoke-boss-Tony-Pulis-praises-new-signing-Kenwyne-Jones-taking-pay-cut.html

That funny when Pulis came out this week and said that they will not break there wage structure to sign players, and told the world Kenwyn Jones is earning around £30k, he is there record signing so I'd say the biggest earner at Stoke will not be on more than £40k!

I met up with Dunny (and all the other Rovers players) after the AEK Athens game in Sydney - I spent quite a while chatting with him. I can guarantee you he ain't carrying any excessive weight- he looked as fit as a butchers dog. If he looks wider it's muscle - not fat.

Don't think I'm giving any secrets away when Dunny told me he thinks he's only got a couple of years left at Prem level - he knows this & is working hard to extend his career as long as possible for life after the prem. Maybe a move to Aussie....

He ain't fat.

Fair enough and my apologies to Dunny but he did LOOK to be carrying a bit of extra timber... :wacko:

(anybody got the number for specsavers??? :blush: )

Just to clear up the point I ws trying to make about Italian players. I was referring to strikers ONLY. I wasalso making the point Englands standards had dropped as well as the Italians.

Dont get me wrong, there are quality players in the Italian league but they are in the main, defenders and midfielders.

Todays press is not very good reading for Rovers with little or no snippets of information.

Revs info regarding banjoman fills me with dread, he is nowhere near as good as Roberts and we cant wait to get shut of him by all accounts.

Something does not appear to be right somewhere at the club.

Was told after the game by a reasonable enough source that Benjani is signing on Monday.

:(

Benjani in, Roberts out and a quality signing (Guiza for example although I seriously doubt we will get him) and I will be happy.

To my eye it looks like M Diouf could be very effective down the right. Still that would mean we would have three other strikers for a single position up front (Benjani, Kalinic and AN Other).

It might be smart if whoever we get in as the quality signing can also cover the Dunn/Pedersen role as we look very thin there.

Todays press is not very good reading for Rovers with little or no snippets of information.

Only thing to update is that Blackpool are moving in for James Vaughan on loan. Everton would still rather sell - but Holloway's mob won;t do that. Suspect he is not on the Rovers hot list any more since bringing in Diouf.

Feeling bad. Didn't check my team's result until 8.30 last night, never done that before. Time of acute reflection today.

There will be an 11 o'clocker, may have a tad of news.

Only thing to update is that Blackpool are moving in for James Vaughan on loan. Everton would still rather sell - but Holloway's mob won;t do that. Suspect he is not on the Rovers hot list any more since bringing in Diouf.

Feeling bad. Didn't check my team's result until 8.30 last night, never done that before. Time of acute reflection today.

There will be an 11 o'clocker, may have a tad of news.

Sale, or incoming Nicko

He ain't fat.

He ain't heavy. He's your brother?

Edixon Perea is flying into England and will link up with Blackburn Rovers, skysports.com understands.

The Colombian international forward is a free agent after leaving Brazilian club Gremio and a host of sides in Britain had been looking to do a deal.

Now the former Bordeaux man is set to join up with Sam Allardyce's men and will spend the early part of the week training with Rovers in order to prove his fitness.

Subject to him impressing Allardyce, Perea is expected to land a permanent deal with Blackburn - despite interest from rival Premier League and SPL clubs.

South American sources have confirmed that Perea is flying into England on Sunday and he should start training with Blackburn on Monday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6313758,00.html

Don't really know anything about Edixon Perea but he has to be better than Benjani! He is the right age at only 26, although according to wiki not the best scoring record.

Ditto. Perhaps he could compete for the right winger spot? Being only 1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in) and all..

Archived