BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Hm Perea is an interesting one. He's got quite a bit of talent, but he certainly wasn't that impressive when he was at Bordeaux. Better option that Benjani though and I'd have to imagine that the wage would be lower as well. Work permit might be tough though, I'm not sure how much he has played for Colombia in the last year or so.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be the same Sam Allardyce who was saying at Xmas that the main reason we had such a poor first half to the season was the massive turnover on the playing staff, nine in and nine out. Then he brought in 2 more in Jan who played a massive half a game between them. Plus we had 3 lads step up and make their first team debuts.

The problem isn't a stagnant squad, it's a denuded front line. 18 months ago we had Santa, Benni, Roberts and Derbs - who on here was worried about that line up? Any day now the last of those will be gone, three of them at the behest of the manager. All we have to replace them is a strip of a lad who had a decent handful games in Jan/Feb and a 22-year old Fergie has decided he can live without for a year and probably forever.

As was said earlier: we knew our budget and we knew our priorities 7 months ago.

Does Sam Allardyce write out and sign cheques on behalf of BRFC? YES or NO?

First rule of combat taught at Sandhurst is 'Identify your enemy'. People ridicule Vinjay but at least he has selected the proper target for his vitriol.

Kalinic and Diouf are good enough upfront. What today proved was that we need another attacking midfielder. Dunn gets injured and we are left with very little.

yet people railed at Allardyce when he was reportedly after creative midfielders.

Mr E we do need both btw!

Speaking of tubby players, (now it may have been my stream) but did anyone else think Dunn looked really big today? :blink:

I though Allardyce did thats for sure. Heavyest he's been since he came imo.

Edixon Perea would be a cracking signing. He can play wide of/behind a main striker, he's fast and has good technique. He'd definitely bring something we don't have.

As for Benjani...I'm happy enough if he comes. Kalinic and Diouf look good enough to be first and second choice, if we've structured a deal that's financially acceptable to us (which I'm sure we will as he's not exactly flooded with offers) and he passes a strict medical, then he'll do fine as third choice.

Good move by Sam!

Perea over to prove his fitness is a win win situation. If he´s any good then snap him up. If he´s bad then no harm done (hard to see him be any worse than Benji boy). Not the best goal scoring ratio, but 7 in 19 for his country isn´t bad.

He didn't say anything about bad news.

No, he didn't...

Not sure about this Perea thing. The agent involed has been hawking him around all summer. It's August 15 and there are no takers. No harm in looking at him on the Benjani Principle.

However there are better being watched currently.

Smashing start from the young lad looking really bright and some great touches in front of goal. However he's just landed very badly and it doesn't look too good :(

Off after less than 20 minutes...

And there goes the 11 o'clocker.

You are having no luck at the moment.

No idea who is next on the list.

Unbelievable.

And there goes the 11 o'clocker.

You are having no luck at the moment.

No idea who is next on the list.

Unbelievable.

He did OK, but hard to tell with so little time on the pitch. Hopefully he comes back quickly and we can go out again and watch him.

Nicko, please tell me Revidge is wrong and Banjoni is not signing tomorrow???

PLEASE!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302574/Stoke-boss-Tony-Pulis-praises-new-signing-Kenwyne-Jones-taking-pay-cut.html

That funny when Pulis came out this week and said that they will not break there wage structure to sign players, and told the world Kenwyn Jones is earning around £30k, he is there record signing so I'd say the biggest earner at Stoke will not be on more than £40k!

Beattie was on £38k and was signed as a back-up striker. Just been looking up and can see no official number for his wages but Boro were known as generous wage payers and he certainly went to Stoke on a serious uplift- they had to work very hard to get him to go there. The lowest number I have seen suggested is "at least £45k a week".

Of course it could be that Stoke have now got much tighter on wages to stop them from spiralling out of control and they wangled a deal that got Sunderland to pay Jones a golden good-bye.

Is it him who prefers to join a London based club?

Any idea if the injury is serious?

The one who goes to London will probably be signing for a London club this week...

And sadly Pentceote's injury sounds pretty bad. Know more on that tomorrow.

It has been a brutal window.

Archived