BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything on Benjani, Perea or Huseklepp?

I don't think Benjani has looked too great but could be offered a short-term deal if all else fails.

Perea may come in on trial but a look at his record at Bordeaux suggests he will be found guilty.

I really don't know much about the Norwegian, but if he is cheap then he could sneak over the line the way things are going.

So sad about the Pentecote thing. Liked the look of him.

The one who goes to London will probably be signing for a London club this week...

And sadly Pentceote's injury sounds pretty bad. Know more on that tomorrow.

It has been a brutal window.

Fairly certain that there is at least some ligament damage, so he's no longer an option.

The one who goes to London will probably be signing for a London club this week...

And sadly Pentceote's injury sounds pretty bad. Know more on that tomorrow.

It has been a brutal window.

The London thing is Gudjohnson to Fulham I reckon.

It really looks like Benjani or bust ..... am hoping for a late rabbit out of the hat job but with so little cash to spend I can't see anything else

Bellamy on loan? ManC has allegedly told him not to report to training so he's useless to them. ManC won't want to sell him to Tottenham for fear they strengthen a top 4 rival. They might be inclined to let us have him on loan, as we couldn't use him against ManC and it will increase our chances against Tottenham. And if Cardiff want him on loan, ManC would have to pay some of the wages anyway, so why not sen him to a PL team whom they would also have to partially subsidize but would gain the advantage of undermining their rivals?

Not a bad argument, but they would need to subsidize his wages for us too!!

Absolutely. I've read he's on 95k/week. We could afford 45k-50k/week, tops? I have to believe that compares favorably to what Cardiff could chip in. And we'd have the added benefit of possibly taking points away from ManC rivals, as opposed to Cardiff which can do nothing for ManC vis-a-vis its league standing in relation to its competitors.

Another advantage for ManC is that by keeping him playing in the PL, they effectively keep him in the shop window. He signed a 4 1/2 year deal in 2009, so his contract has a more than a couple of years still to run. Lighten their wage bill and, hopefully, attract potential buyers. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Absolutely. I've read he's on 95k/week. We could afford 45k-50k/week, tops? I have to believe that compares favorably to what Cardiff could chip in. And we'd have the added benefit of possibly taking points away from ManC rivals, as opposed to Cardiff which can do nothing for ManC vis-a-vis its league standing in relation to its competitors.

Another advantage for ManC is that by keeping him playing in the PL, they effectively keep him in the shop window. He signed a 4 1/2 year deal in 2009, so his contract has a more than a couple of years still to run. Lighten their wage bill and, hopefully, attract potential buyers. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I can't fault your logic - I don't think we can afford 50k a week though!! YET

Even if we could afford him he wouldnt come, hed prefer Cardiff for family reasons, Fulham to work under Hughes and Spurs to play in the Champions League.

From ManC's perspective, Bellamy going to Tottenham would probably get them off their books completely, a postive. The downside would be that he could play against them, which means that ManC would have directly strengthened a direct rival for the top 4 spot.

I suppose Fulham would have the same pros and cons as Blackburn. On the plus side, with Bellamy both teams would be stronger and more likely to take points from ManC's rivals. On the downside, neither would be able to buy him outright or pay all of his wages.

I struggle to see how Cardiff might be a serious contender. Bellamy might want to go there, but ManC owns his contract. Unless a move to Cardiff is a more favorable deal to ManC than sending Bellamy out on loan or outright selling him, I doubt the prospect of a Cardiff move.

It's an injury to his right knee and early indications are that he has ruptured ligaments.

So this is wrong information then?

Derby joy for Toulouse

Xavier Pentecôte, 24, made his first Ligue 1 start for TFC upfront. He caught the eye with one mazy dribble but within 20 minutes was forced to retreat to the bench with an ankle problem of his own.

SSN - Pete Fraser: Speaking of Bellamy, the Daily Mirror claims that Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is still confident of signing the Manchester City man for £2million. But other red tops think the Wales international is going to Cardiff.

WE Should be all over that like a rash!! He would make a MASSIVE difference to our attack again.

So this is wrong information then?

Derby joy for Toulouse

Xavier Pentecôte, 24, made his first Ligue 1 start for TFC upfront. He caught the eye with one mazy dribble but within 20 minutes was forced to retreat to the bench with an ankle problem of his own.

It is certainly a knee injury. It's being reported as "at least a sprain", so we'll see. I watched the game and can't exactly remember which one he hurt and oddly enough various media sources are disagreeing as to whether he hurt his left or right knee, which is a bit odd. I'm waiting on a phone call though from someone who should have more of an idea about exactly how serious it is, but it is safe to say that there is no way we could sign him during this window now.

Pentecote's knee injury is not as bad as first feared.

Watch this space.

Interesting.

Great News - Nicko in your opinion is he the best we have looked at so far this transfer window?

He's not as good as Lewandowski.

I love this MB.

Information from all over the world.

Cheers Eddie and Alan.

On a side note you are doing a good job on the jack walker tribute mr Nixon :)

I agree Hughesy. We should try and bring Bellars to Ewood, but I think it will be extremely hard.

It looked like an ankle injury at first on TV, but from the landing he could have also done damage to his knee, it was a really nasty one. Such a shame for the lad he looked very good.

It is certainly a knee injury. It's being reported as "at least a sprain", so we'll see. I watched the game and can't exactly remember which one he hurt and oddly enough various media sources are disagreeing as to whether he hurt his left or right knee, which is a bit odd.

Almost sure it was his right leg he landed one first Eddie, that seemed to be the one he was having trouble with.

Good news that Nicko, for both us and the player himself :rover:

Archived