BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Roberts is a valuable player to us right now - there I said it. Unless we sign a new striker in the next two weeks, and judging by our progress I wouldn't bank on it, we only have Kalinic & M. Diouf as recognised strikers. Roberts always puts in shift and is a handy option from the bench when the opposition are slowing down. If Sam doesn't shift him, he'll just be taking up space and wages, because he's clearly been ostracised by the manager.

I expect some fans on here are getting bleary-eyed because they're expecting a late move for Torres, as per the takeover. ;)

How dare you criticise, and intelligently argue against anything the club or manager does?

Obviously you're not a 'proper blue' and should turn your season ticket in at your earliest convenience .... ;)

BTW agree entirely about Roberts. He's better than Benjani or no striker at all given our current dearth of options and lack of progress in the transfer market.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i have on my flame suit so please feel free to bbq me :P

perhaps Sam already has a potential exit for Jason already lined up, but rather than him going on the last day of the window with no time for a replacement, therefore leaving us deeper in the striker mire a la belly mcarthy, he is keeping him background so as not to injure or cup tie him prior to an incoming striker as he may still have to play if the window slams shut..

just a thought, let the flames commence

perhaps Sam already has a potential exit for Jason already lined up, but rather than him going on the last day of the window with no time for a replacement, therefore leaving us deeper in the striker mire a la belly mcarthy, he is keeping him background so as not to injure or cup tie him prior to an incoming striker as he may still have to play if the window slams shut..

He could give him a squad number and just bench him, that ould do the same job without giving him teh same smack in the gob.

As it is, we're light up-front, and Jason Roberts is finished at Ewood but we're still paying him. Not a clever situation in my book.

He could give him a squad number and just bench him, that ould do the same job without giving him teh same smack in the gob.

As it is, we're light up-front, and Jason Roberts is finished at Ewood but we're still paying him. Not a clever situation in my book.

]

And when little Jimmy's Mum squawks to the LT about having bought a shirt and paid for Roberts 99 printed on it?...

How dare you suggest that the manager is acting with intelligence? :)

No flaming - you're actually closer to the truth than you realise.

Sam wouldn't take the action he's taken if something wasn't already in the pipeline...

No flaming - you're actually closer to the truth than you realise.

Sam wouldn't take the action he's taken if something wasn't already in the pipeline...

You mean like Sam selling McCarthy, provided he could sign a replacement? :rolleyes:

Even if there is something in the pipeline giving Roberts a squad number means you retain his value. The only reasons I can see Big Sam not giving Roberts a number is either they've had a massive falling out and Sam has told Roberts he'll never play for the club again or they've offered Roberts a squad number and he's said he doesn't want one, there is a third idea. In the second event, I would expect the club would assign one anyway. In the first, that's the bosses perogative but I think it would devalue Roberts significantly. The third idea may well be sod the transfer fee since it's not going to be much and if we drop the valuation the only issue is wages. We save his wages over the time he has left which is probably a lot more money than the transfer fee would be... A significant transfer fee and wages would be good but nobody seems to want Roberts so we basically drop the valuation down to next to nowt in order to cut our losses.

Agreed, Nicko. Poor man-management by Sam. We probably won't sell Roberts now, and will be left with an unwanted, unhappy player until January. He should at least have been given a squad number.

i agree with the squad number point.

But, he's not unhappy.. hearing him on the radio and in the media... he's loved his time at rovers, and has nothing but good and positive things to say . if he cant get a move,he wont be a problem in the dressing room, at training etc....

he'll just get on with it.

SSN saying Edixon Perea Valencia having medical now?

Smart move, we have little to lose in this gamble.

I don't think we'll have a problem moving him on if can't adapt to the PL.

Given his stature and attributes, I'm hoping we see him out wide.

SSN saying Edixon Perea Valencia having medical now?

would this be a view to signing him? i was under the impression, that he would come over and 1st train with the squad and try and impress Sam. Is this how its normally done, medical 1st, then sign? Or do we look at him in training, then offer him a contract. Bit confused right now

• Moderation Lead

would this be a view to signing him? i was under the impression, that he would come over and 1st train with the squad and try and impress Sam. Is this how its normally done, medical 1st, then sign? Or do we look at him in training, then offer him a contract. Bit confused right now

He was already on trial as far as I know- he must have impressed sufficiently I would assume.

I thought his trial started today? Maybe they are doing a medical first then letting him train, if he trained all week and failed a medical would have been a waste of time

which is exactly why im a bit confused. Medical 1st i presume, then train, and if he impresses, then he signs. I can see Perea and Benjani signing :rolleyes:

then we would have

Kalinic

M Diouf

Perea

Banjoni

Disaster for Pentecote...just had x-ray results...anterior cruciate knackered...six months out.

He thought he was ok this morning but that verdict could not be worse.

Total sickener.

Was about to post the same thing. Serious blow for his career as well, I'd imagine he'll end up being shipped to Ligue 2 in the near future.

Archived