BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never really understood the order of the process but putting two and two together - the medical comes first and then Sam's test? How long do medicals normally take from start to finish?

Depends on the time of year...

e.g. if we're in the summer, weeks away from the transfer window closing time, it can be as long as we want. At 23.59 @ August 31st 2010, I think a medical takes all of about a minute. :D (A la Jimmy Bullard / Benjani / Arshavin)

Never really understood the order of the process but putting two and two together - the medical comes first and then Sam's test? How long do medicals normally take from start to finish?

Sam's tests usually take three or four days. Players are checked in training for heart-rate and fitness as well as being an excuse to see if they can kick the ball straight in the five-a-sides.

Perea will be happy to stay for that long, but if his agent is balbbing he is here it is probably to make sure other people know he is available...and over here.

Sam's tests usually take three or four days. Players are checked in training for heart-rate and fitness as well as being an excuse to see if they can kick the ball straight in the five-a-sides.

Perea will be happy to stay for that long, but if his agent is balbbing he is here it is probably to make sure other people know he is available...and over here.

Do you know if this test has ever caused Sam to let a gem slip through the net?

I remember a few people were angry that the Kamel Ghilas deal got cancelled last summer after he failed the test. Seems we dodged a bullet with him, did nothing at Hull and is now at a poor French team.

Kick a ball straight, and long, I presume?

How the hell does an Allardyce 5-a-side work? Use a full side pitch, the players stand 50 yards away from each other and they just whack it in the general direction of the corners? *

* Good training for the game, come to think of it.

If its the latter part how did Diouf MKI pass????

Lol

I would imagine that many of them got waived.

Not to jump the gun, but with Mr Ali's latest interview and Sam does have the chance to splash some cash, would it be likely we are in for someone like Crouch?

If and when he splashes the cash, I would rather prefer it to be in the Arsenal mold.

Buy young and improve, and from several of the quotes this smells like what he would wish to do also.

Except the quotes saying he fancies iternational management in a few years time. He wouldn't be around to see his team develop if he went for kids. Then of course, when the new owners come in, they might want a go at choosing their own man.

Sam will be around two years more at most I reckon.

Do you know if this test has ever caused Sam to let a gem slip through the net?

I remember a few people were angry that the Kamel Ghilas deal got cancelled last summer after he failed the test. Seems we dodged a bullet with him, did nothing at Hull and is now at a poor French team.

I remember a host of 'getting the hump' jokes last summer. On a serious note: it's incredible how much crap luck Rovers' have encountered with their targets... even if we simply focus on Moa (I was looking forward to the Mao jokes) and poor Pentecote within the past 8 day period.

Maybe we need to consider withdrawal of the current transfer market as to no longer threaten the collective health of the world's footballers.

Except the quotes saying he fancies iternational management in a few years time. He wouldn't be around to see his team develop if he went for kids. Then of course, when the new owners come in, they might want a go at choosing their own man.

Sam will be around two years more at most I reckon.

Either way, (Ali or No Ali) I would venture a punt on BFSam is entering his last campaign at Rovers. Call it a hunch.

Either way, (Ali or No Ali) I would venture a punt on BFSam is entering his last campaign at Rovers. Call it a hunch.

Well with the FA coming out and saying they want the next manager to be English, and with the chances of Capello sticking around till 2012 looking less likely by the day, then he has to think he's a real chance.

Harry has to be the favourite and rightfully so, but he's just got Tottenham into the Champions League.

Woy would be next in line but just signed for what he called the 'biggest' club in the country and will be focused on getting them back into the Champions League.

Sam would arguably be the next best Englishman. Sure a lot of the country would dislike it but you have to say that he's a realistic contender at this point, and the time could come sooner rather than later.

What better way to showcase your worth than by proving what you can do with a bit of funds available? I'd wager we'd see some more 'attractive' football played if Mr Ali did come to town.

Interesting that the new buyer is suggesting that this may be the case though nicko.

I agree with you but it shows he believes he can get this deal wrapped up pretty quickly.

There is a concerted charm offensive going on here. Just seen the Sky TV pix...and the pause just to make sure the cameras caught them.

There is also a 'race' on as Shah is still hanging about.

Maybe one group wants to brag about a trophy signing. That makes me nervous.

I don't think anyone at the club right now is planning for having any extra cash to spend right now.

Well with the FA coming out and saying they want the next manager to be English, and with the chances of Capello sticking around till 2012 looking less likely by the day, then he has to think he's a real chance.

Harry has to be the favourite and rightfully so, but he's just got Tottenham into the Champions League.

Woy would be next in line but just signed for what he called the 'biggest' club in the country and will be focused on getting them back into the Champions League.

Sam would arguably be the next best Englishman. Sure a lot of the country would dislike it but you have to say that he's a realistic contender at this point, and the time could come sooner rather than later.

What better way to showcase your worth than by proving what you can do with a bit of funds available? I'd wager we'd see some more 'attractive' football played if Mr Ali did come to town.

So......... you think Sam will stay a spell in an attempt to impress those stuffed suits @ the FA? I thought that too, but I still think BFS will hop off. Off to what will inevitably be called a 'bigger club' during the obligatory presser. Hope i'm wrong.

Shoot: all I care about it is that Blackburn Rovers are respected whether it's Sam or others. That any outgoing manager consider the club when an opportunity comes up for him.

So......... you think Sam will stay a spell in an attempt to impress those stuffed suits @ the FA? I thought that too, but I still think BFS will hop off. Off to what will inevitably be called a 'bigger club' during the obligatory presser. Hope i'm wrong.

Shoot: all I care about it is that Blackburn Rovers are respected whether it's Sam or others. That any outgoing manager consider the club when an opportunity comes up for him.

I think Sam has been very loyal with us and he's been thoroughly tested of late by the lack of funds to spend. He's achieved great results on a shoestring budget but to get to the next level, and to be thought of as more than just a 'really good mid-table manager' he would need to get results at a club that's spending money. If it's here then I think he'd jump at the chance. I feel like he'd love to finish his career as England manager, he seems a bit bitter he never got the call up the first time around when it went to McClown. How well would he do? That's a different story. I think Sam deserves his chance under new ownership though and obviously Mr Ali Syed is impressed by his work to date.

I think Sam has been very loyal with us and he's been thoroughly tested of late by the lack of funds to spend. He's achieved great results on a shoestring budget but to get to the next level, and to be thought of as more than just a 'really good mid-table manager' he would need to get results at a club that's spending money. If it's here then I think he'd jump at the chance. I feel like he'd love to finish his career as England manager, he seems a bit bitter he never got the call up the first time around when it went to McClown. How well would he do? That's a different story. I think Sam deserves his chance under new ownership though and obviously Mr Ali Syed is impressed by his work to date.

I will not say He's performed miracles at Rovers, but a delicate hand was needed to steady Ince's reign of terror. I will be forever grateful for that. I Certainly don't begrudge him an opportunity with the England setup---perhaps that will come if he can consolidate the gains of the recent past & can lead us into a fruitful European venture. I'm not daft enought to say 'cup winner'...

however, I am very tired of losing to the likes of Larisa, Diana, Wendy or some of those crap outfit w/ a womans' name that we invariably stumble over.

I will not say He's performed miracles at Rovers, but a delicate hand was needed to steady Ince's reign of terror. I will be forever grateful for that. I Certainly don't begrudge him an opportunity with the England setup---perhaps that will come if he can consolidate the gains of the recent past & can lead us into a fruitful European venture. I'm not daft enought to say 'cup winner'...

however, I am very tired of losing to the likes of Larisa, Diana, Wendy or some of those crap outfit w/ a womans' name that we invariably stumble over.

I would be thrilled if he could get us into Europe (more thrilled if we could win a domestic trophy though) and I agree that losing to no-name teams in the early stages of those competitions is getting very tiresome!

The takeover thread seems to be a bizarre other realm, a million miles away from this one. It's like being thumped back to earth with a bang reading this one afterwards. Reality bites...

Leaving the takeover to one side, I wonder if any new faces will be brought in before the weekend? Edixon Perea Valencia signing permanently seems to be the only thing on the horizon at present.

Archived