BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mates sisters postman just saw a car with the reg plate Me551 at Ewood!

Only kidding. I wonder who we would go for should the takeover happen before the deadline? Surely Sam will have some ideas. Maybe in a week we'll have a better idea if the takeover could happen in time?

Anyone got any stats on how long other reason take overs have taken? Still can't get over Man City being bought and given the money to buy Robinho in one day!!

I think Citeh were in a massive hurry to sell what with their dodgy owner at the time. They probably didn't go about things as cautiously as we are doing. The way we are doing it is the right way, making sure that this is definitely the best thing for the club.

Sav just been saying on 5live that Bellamy has been talking to a club all day today - but not one City consider as a rival. Too much to ask that it's us?

It could be Fulham? Bellamy reunited with The Tafia?

Anyone got any stats on how long other reason take overs have taken? Still can't get over Man City being bought and given the money to buy Robinho in one day!!

What a fabulous epoch-making high return investment that turned out to be.

We're in no rush to sign anyone for big money. The squad is settled and should comfortably maintain midtable until January. This takeover needs to be done properly. Forget the transfer deadline, let Sam get who he can with the budget he's been given and then we can reasses in Jan, hopefully with enough money to significantly improve. For now, making sure that the takeover happens smoothly is more important then a massive deadline day signing.

We're in no rush to sign anyone for big money. The squad is settled and should comfortably maintain midtable until January. This takeover needs to be done properly. Forget the transfer deadline, let Sam get who he can with the budget he's been given and then we can reasses in Jan, hopefully with enough money to significantly improve. For now, making sure that the takeover happens smoothly is more important then a massive deadline day signing.

Not sure about waiting until January (prices tend to be inflated in Jan, if the club god forbid is struggling it could be difficult to attract players as well), but at the same time we mustn't panic/rush buy if the takeover goes through before the window closes and money is made available.

Its been well documented that Big Sam and JW could have a second "transfer list" in case this went through in August. Not sure how valid this could be. But if there is any indication right now that it may happen, then I am sure we will be pushing all bucks over one or two players. I wouldnt think we would go crazy but maybe spending up to 10 million on two players would not be off the mark.

Not sure about waiting until January (prices tend to be inflated in Jan, if the club god forbid is struggling it could be difficult to attract players as well), but at the same time we mustn't panic/rush buy if the takeover goes through before the window closes and money is made available.

Did the club not say that two lists had been drawn up?

Perhaps there's one or two good ones on the other list as the one we've obviously been hearing about sucked.

If there's new money to come in I wonder if a few of the players are slightly annoyed they've just signed five year deals.

I cannot imagine the fallout that would occur on these boards if any of them voiced their unhappiness after signing said deals.

Chernobyl would look like a campfire.

They shouldn’t moan too much, if at all, they are making plenty of cash for what they do as it is. Any player that comes in, if the takeover happens, would most likely be of a higher standard. You cannot pay your programmers what the lunch lady makes.

Should be interesting to see how the 25 man limit changes the dynamic of the January window, though, especially this season when teams might not be prepared enough to get rid of all of the "dead weight" at the end of this month.

I would be stunned if there were funds for this window...

To be honest I would be stunned if there isn`t!! Surely it is in everyone`s interest that some additions are made before the end of August even on loan.I cant believe that the club have been idle in the last few weeks talking to players/agents/managers. I cant see the point in waiting till January when the pattern of the season will have been set.

With 12 working days till the end of the transfer window, unless something major comes up there's a real good chance that a deal can be in place. If the deal goes through, then given Syeds wealth he may have the funds available to sanction 1 or 2 transfers. I would imagine he would want these to be reasonably high profile.

In my experience Due Dillegence is normally held up for reasons such as problems with the accounts, or more often the selling party are trying to keep things quiet and so the people available to help are few. Rovers have fully Audited accounts, which are published and given the nature of the business, the figures should be relatively easy to compile. I've said previously that with having Rothschilds on board, Rovers may have most of the required information to hand, and this will just need checking off.

Given Syeds comments about long-term investment, and his liqidity, I wouldnt think there are many issues that will need a great deal of negotiation. I would also hope that the Trust wouldn't balk too much if there are some small adjustments to the sale value, if they can see the right person at the other side of the deal. I would hate to see the due dillegence and negotiation spill past the end of the transfer window, then Mr Syeds interest cool off or be switched elsewhere.

Personally I'm pleased by Syeds comments today, but as someone has mentioned, this could just be a good PR consultants words. I'll remain cautiously optimistic for the time being, but if he is the real deal it will be fantastic.

Something going on...

Manager disappeared abroad.

Has to be a striker.

Working on it.

Any spies spotted anything across Europe?

Anyone playing tonight?

Back home is Benjani still on the premises or have some of Mr. Syed's sinister looking team managed to smuggle him off in one of their blacked out people carriers?

Archived