BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did bellers say about Rovers?

Apparently he said that It wasn't him who was lucky to be at Rovers, but it was Rovers who were lucky to have him.

I agree that he would a good addition to the squad, but wouldnt want him anywhere near anyhow.

Apparently he said that It wasn't him who was lucky to be at Rovers, but it was Rovers who were lucky to have him.

I agree that he would a good addition to the squad, but wouldnt want him anywhere near anyhow.

To be fair, he is right about that. Never understood why people cant be more realistic about our club. Bellamy was by far our best player that season, and without him we would never had the chance to finish sixth.

Seems a pretty accurate conclusion when you take into account we'd narrowly escaped relegation the season before. Nobody likes hearing it, but it's probably about the same opinion everyone away from this club had.

Seems a pretty accurate conclusion when you take into account we'd narrowly escaped relegation the season before. Nobody likes hearing it, but it's probably about the same opinion everyone away from this club had.

I don't think some players truly realise what they get when they join Rovers.

His best season ever, adored, in the papers for the right reasons and propelled back into the limelight. Hopefully he's reflected and sees things differently now. Without us who knows where his career would have gone.

I don't think some players truly realise what they get when they join Rovers.

His best season ever, adored, in the papers for the right reasons and propelled back into the limelight. Hopefully he's reflected and sees things differently now. Without us who knows where his career would have gone.

Without a doubt. I think we straightened him out a lot, and having such success and a good time with a club our size made him grow up. He's still provocative and out spoken, but in a different less 'gobshite' way to before he joined us.

Without a doubt. I think we straightened him out a lot, and having such success and a good time with a club our size made him grow up. He's still provocative and out spoken, but in a different less 'godshite' way to before he joined us.

I wouldn't disagree, I think without us he'd be playing a bit further down the pyramid. I wonder what he'd say about us today?

Although I think Riise might say bellers should stay off the golf course. :lol:

What would people think about a loan move for Jenas at Spud's???

I'd think that if Spurs were letting him come to Rovers on loan, they would only be doing so because they thought he would screw us up.

Don't imagine that the other Prem clubs have read about yesterday's events and not re-assessed where Rovers stand in the pecking order.

What would people think about a loan move for Jenas at Spud's???

That'd be perfect. Better than NRC or Sidwell, but Spurs are not easy to deal and will rebuff our loan move and demand £10M outright instead.

We score from it

Fair enough, can't argue with that!

Would love to see Bellamy back, but City would have to pay a sizeable proportion of his wages. There's going to be a fair few City players in the same position I would think ....

Not a huge fan of Jenas. He's vastly overrated and I've never understood how he got into the England squad.... then again.

Me neither. Even the Newcastle fans hated him! Anyway, according to the LEP he's off to Juventus.

• Moderation Lead

Don't rate him at all. Started his career quite well and got hyped up because he scored a free-kick against Man United- remember the commentary (Jenas by name, genius by nature) :rolleyes: How's the egg on your face Mr Martin Tyler :lol:

Me neither. Even the Newcastle fans hated him! Anyway, according to the LEP he's off to Juventus.

He's been linked there for the last few years, would be no surprise if that came off.

Archived